• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Beware The Mariners

Kareem

i am shocked to say...Hutcho is doing his job well...with a bit of attacking impetus as well yesterday- good to see!
Bojic is gun! So...he may just have to bide his time...
Although some have talked about Hutcho going wide? But that would obviously be in a 4-2-3-1 (NOT A 4-2-2-2)

pjennings

coast said:
If we can stay clear of injuries and Huke comes back in and does his thing, we will have a very competitive squad. Especially in the midfeild.
I think our backline is set in stone (Heff, boogs, doig, wilko)
Not too sure about mids, though atm i like how we ran it last night, not sure how Huke will fit in, off bench, who's spot would he take? on current form it would be difficult to get a start. Any suggestions?

Throw in Crowell as well.

I think you may find that players like Pedj and/or Huke may be called upon in the backline if/when we get more injuries.

Saw D'Apuzzo in the NYL and don't think he is good enough for the first team. Porter is not a right back and Clarky for all his fitness must be starting to feel the strain.

Pedj can cover along the backline and I believe that Huke has played at CB - so at least we do have cover.

Sean

pjennings said:
coast said:
If we can stay clear of injuries and Huke comes back in and does his thing, we will have a very competitive squad. Especially in the midfeild.
I think our backline is set in stone (Heff, boogs, doig, wilko)
Not too sure about mids, though atm i like how we ran it last night, not sure how Huke will fit in, off bench, who's spot would he take? on current form it would be difficult to get a start. Any suggestions?

Throw in Crowell as well.

I think you may find that players like Pedj and/or Huke may be called upon in the backline if/when we get more injuries.

Saw D'Apuzzo in the NYL and don't think he is good enough for the first team. Porter is not a right back and Clarky for all his fitness must be starting to feel the strain.

Pedj can cover along the backline and I believe that Huke has played at CB - so at least we do have cover.

I agree re: D'apuzzo. Would much rather Panny or Smith get a run before anyone out of the youth.

elevated position

I think the backs are covered, the mids are covered and there are some nice yoof players, we could use an extra speedy type forward to rattle defences( minacon type) however the only weakness I see is if Doig gets injured again his position can be filled but his leadership qualities are to big a loss. This has been our achilles tendon for a long time (since vinnie retired). watch the game again and look how he reacts with breeze, and after that we started to get the penalties and some latitude.

MARSHP1

Yep, can agree there.He brings the experience that we badly need, is imposing and reads the game well. Has to be said though when he's been out the boys at the back have coped. I'm sure that Doig has a big influence even when not playing, you can just imagine him geeing the boys up before the game and giving advice. Who would want to walk back into the sheds to meet him if you've f**ked up and cost us a goal ?!

FFC Mariner

If Matty gets injured/suspended, we are in all sorts of trouble.

New striker is an absolute must for next season

scottmac

Suspended
FFC Mariner said:
If Matty gets injured/suspended, we are in all sorts of trouble.

New striker is an absolute must for next season

+ a few trillion

I can not see Mrjda getting another year no matter what happens in the months coming

marinermick

elevated position said:
A league window goes up soon so maybe (please ) Elrich & mrja can be given away and combine the savings to buy a gun this year

plenty of salary cap in those two players!

midfielder

Arabmariner said:
marinermick said:
elevated position said:
A league window goes up soon so maybe (please ) Elrich & mrja can be given away and combine the savings to buy a gun this year

Problem is no one will want them.

Middle East countries ... two Socceroos  ... may work...

Forum Phoenix

I personally thought Elrich looked good in the youth game. Couple of poor errors, 1 shocker, but apart from that was definitely one of the strongest on the park... But you'd want to be... wouldn't you. That said, I'd much rather that Panni came into the squad over Ahmad based on the same game. And now that Travis has cemented his spot alongside weemac, with Crowell coming in, Huke coming back in a few weeks, and Porter still in front of Ahmad in terms of selection and form, he's along way from getting back into the squad even if he convinces he's up to it.

That said, very happy for him to become brilliant again... but happier he won't get a run again unless/until he is - now that we have established our best starting 11.

I'm very happy/relieved because I truly believe Panni looks like he could do weemacs job if need be - which is a huge blessing.

But, FFC is spot on - we really need proper cover for Simon, otherwise I'd be sticking kwas upfront over Nik.

Kareem

elevated position said:
we could use an extra speedy type forward to rattle defences( minacon type)
this...
i would love for that type of player! our only real pace is in heff...maybe porter?
if we could just get one speedy player- it would give us an extra dimension IMHO!
especially considering we have 2 striekrs that cant score... :S

marinermick

Arabmariner said:
marinermick said:
elevated position said:

no, i meant for us

frees up plenty of dollars if not resigned

RADINHO

marinermick said:
Arabmariner said:
marinermick said:
elevated position said:

no, i meant for us

I doubt our board would even be tempted to spend.

marinermick

RADINHO said:
marinermick said:
Arabmariner said:
marinermick said:
elevated position said:

no, i meant for us

I doubt our board would even be tempted to spend.

global financial conditions are on the way up and the property market is moving again

don't doubt what you do not know

dibo

ASX200 (XJO) is up 47% since March. XPJ (ASX Property Trusts index) is up 71% since March.

Credit markets are loosening up (slowly) and people are looking forward again. Consumer sentiment is pretty positive. The worst is almost certainly behind us in terms of business figures. Unemployment lags behind, so it will probably rise and then slowly ease back, though business has been very careful (with skills shortages in recent memory) to warehouse talent where it can to be able to accelerate hard with the recovery.

Long story short - we're going to see entrepreneurial types like our owners lighting up the spending again soon.

FFC Mariner

As the big 4 banks got everything they wanted during the GFC (99% of all homeloans anyone?), they are open for business and credit is flowing again.

The Deposit guarantee has shored up their deposit bases and they are awash with cash to lend.

COE, here we come :)

David Votoupal

Our banks have weathered the storms better than a lot of countries if this is anything to go by. Canada top that list, but Spain's banks (Santander, BBVA) have been the biggest winners in Europe out of the whole thing.

And am I not the only one disturbed to see how poorly Japan, South Korea, China and Taiwan all scored? Or that the UK and USA somehow rank worse than, say, Brazil or South Africa? :eek:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred