• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Beware The Mariners

LFCMariners

The biggest piss-off is that the Mariners are not really as bad as they have been playing. At their full potential, they are a match for anybody but they've been sloppy and the inability to score goals has seemingly gone to their heads. They need to stop thinking so much about not losing and how they MUST score goals, and instead shift the focus back to doing the job that is required of them individually and shutting down their opponents. At this point in time, I'm honestly looking forward to going to Perth at the end of the month, but not looking forward to going to the match...

LFCMariners

Hopefully that consolation will turn into reality. Otherwise, at least Perth has better weather than Melbourne, and Glory fans have the same passion as the Victory fans, without the "Fully sik ultras bro!" posturing or f**kwittery.

FFC Mariner

LiverpoolMariners said:
Hopefully that consolation will turn into reality. Otherwise, at least Perth has better weather than Melbourne, and Glory fans have the same passion as the Victory fans, without the "Fully sik ultras bro!" posturing or f**kwittery.

Agree, having beaten them 4-0 I wasnt looking forward to walking back over the bridge and into town but no one said a word - was surprised TBH

Arabmariner

LiverpoolMariners said:
Perth fans also have a terracing to stand on.

Jealous as.

FFC Mariner

Arabmariner said:
LiverpoolMariners said:
Perth fans also have a terracing to stand on.

Jealous as.

Agree - bet its the 1st thing to go in any redevelopment of MES though

Part_Timer

LiverpoolMariners said:
Glory fans have the same passion as the Victory fans, without the "Fully sik ultras bro!" posturing or f**kwittery.

LOL so "ohhhhhhh your shit ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" 900000 times a game is passion..sweet will keep in mind

LFCMariners

No, I mean that they have a reasonable band of supporters who were making the trip over even when the Glory were back-markers in the A-League. The only thing separating the BWB from the Scumdron is a few brain-cells and a job.

Andre_1

LiverpoolMariners said:
The biggest piss-off is that the Mariners are not really as bad as they have been playing. At their full potential, they are a match for anybody but they've been sloppy and the inability to score goals has seemingly gone to their heads. They need to stop thinking so much about not losing and how they MUST score goals, and instead shift the focus back to doing the job that is required of them individually and shutting down their opponents. At this point in time, I'm honestly looking forward to going to Perth at the end of the month, but not looking forward to going to the match...

The biggest PISS OFF is we are dangerously close to finnishing the season exactly where Harper, Slater etc predicted!! That shits me to tears I can tell you.

LFCMariners

The team is too good to finish there. The only reason they will finish there is if they continue to play the well-below-average football they have been playing for the past month! I really can't imagine they could stay that consistently bad.

scottmac

Suspended
LiverpoolMariners said:
The team is too good to finish there. The only reason they will finish there is if they continue to play the well-below-average football they have been playing for the past month! I really can't imagine they could stay that consistently bad.

From this point on last year, we didn't win a game untill this season.

serious14

scottmac said:
LiverpoolMariners said:

From this point on last year, we didn't win a game untill this season.

Can't see that trend being reversed this time around either.

:(

LFCMariners

Do remember though, that after the NYE (08) win over Wellington, the Mariners played Adelaide (Grand Finalists), Queensland (finalists who were in great form) and Melbourne (who won the double fairly easily). After those match-ups, it was playing amongst the best teams in Asia, and only twice were the boys genuinely out-played; if they knew how to defend set-pieces they might have actually notched an away win!

This time around the boys are playing lower-ranked opposition. If they show the same zeal they were a couple of months back, I can see them getting another 3 wins before the finals- and hopefully that will be enough to cement them a place in the top 6.

Forum Phoenix

Love to make the six now. Suddenly would feel like it was a massive achievement and I'd be stoked. lol. Funny how things can change.

soundsdifferent

spike said:
Unfortunately, I think this topic needs to be renamed to "Beware the Mariners....ROFL."

Nah i think Beware matthew breeze.. im sick of watching him play, or officiate honesty would be happy to urn around next time he is ref and not watch the first 10 mins... anyone with me..

Roy Law

soundsdifferent said:
spike said:
Unfortunately, I think this topic needs to be renamed to "Beware the Mariners....ROFL."

Nah i think Beware matthew breeze.. im sick of watching him play, or officiate honesty would be happy to urn around next time he is ref and not watch the first 10 mins... anyone with me..

No.
Mathew Breeze didn't miss the clear header; he didn't clumsily bring Ifill down and he didn't do everything but score like Matty Simon did. He isn't responsible for five consecutive losses. Blaming the match official(s) is ignoring the obvious fault of the team.

pjennings

Roy Law said:
soundsdifferent said:
spike said:

No.
Mathew Breeze didn't miss the clear header; he didn't clumsily bring Ifill down and he didn't do everything but score like Matty Simon did. He isn't responsible for five consecutive losses. Blaming the match official(s) is ignoring the obvious fault of the team.

Agree with you Roy - though saw some interesting comments on the Sydney forum saying that while we didn't deserve to win - we weren't helped by biased refereeing. Glad to see that it isn't just our perception. 

Marquee

It's all well and good of us pundits giving our two cents on Lawrie and the club, but what we really need to consider is how the players feel. There is always going to be a select group who love Lawrie and what he has done for them (Kwaz, Hutch, etc) but there is always the other end of the spectrum.

When Boogs signed for Adelaide, he commented that he was looking forward to working under a different coach. Now to me that says he's getting stale with Lawrie and wants a change.

Someone closer to the players may be able to comment to the general feeling, but how do players like Travis, Weemac, Doig, Dmac, etc feel? Players growing tired of the same system, training methods and the atmosphere are going to drop off in performance as they lose interest... sound familiar?

The foreign boys would be the best gauge in comparing Lawrie to an overseas coach. If these blokes think Lawrie's got no idea compared to what we could have, well then perhaps it is time to go. If they, and the rest of the squad, have full confidence in him, then he's doing his job. However, we are not playing like a team who does. Just look at Sydney, players like Musalik and Brosque are drooling over Lavicka.

bikinigirl

. a point well made Marquee - we (and i am not trying to diminish your argument) simply cannot afford the 'trial and errror' approach sydney have taken over five years ... and dare i say we probably couldn't afford (or be willing to pay) vitezslav

. on the officiating - please don't underestimate what it is doing to the players. the last few home games we have been pinged for some pretty ludicrous things (admittedly through yellow tinted glasses). our reputation precedes us and it is difficult to improve if you are hampered in trying to play your natural game. 'hunger' seems to be missing (as mentioned by others) but it is difficult to up the ante without appearing more agressive ... the way we are being treated at the moment, that can't be a good thing

. no doubt this is playing on the players minds a little ... doesn't excuse them from being able to put the ball in the back of the net. most refereeing decisions, although frustrating, have not led to goals against nor should they have stopped us scoring (we've had more than enough opportunities)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred