• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Beware The Mariners

soundsdifferent

pjennings said:
Roy Law said:
soundsdifferent said:
spike said:
Unfortunately, I think this topic needs to be renamed to "Beware the Mariners....ROFL."

Nah i think Beware matthew breeze.. im sick of watching him play, or officiate honesty would be happy to urn around next time he is ref and not watch the first 10 mins... anyone with me..

No.
Mathew Breeze didn't miss the clear header; he didn't clumsily bring Ifill down and he didn't do everything but score like Matty Simon did. He isn't responsible for five consecutive losses. Blaming the match official(s) is ignoring the obvious fault of the team.

Agree with you Roy - though saw some interesting comments on the Sydney forum saying that while we didn't deserve to win - we weren't helped by biased refereeing. Glad to see that it isn't just our perception. 

i never set out to blame a referee for us losing..
but you would have to be blind not to see his crap he gives us all the time..
and tbh if i went to watch one aleague match, and it was the NYE one i wouldn't go back after that sort of display by the ref. i just wouldn't be bothered, like if your not a mariners fan, why go? its not like you want to pay a minimum of $20 to watch an unfair game of football..  his decision to give matt simon a yellow card was one of the worst decisions i have ever seen. go on watch it if u want.
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,26540698-5000940,00.html

In no way do i blame him for us losing ever.
but i will say he is a 12th man for the other team.
and he has no shame in showing it..
just think about it. if you are a man down in football it doesn't mean you will lose but it makes it bloody hard to win.. and he is that extra man. i thought he was shocking at last years GF i thought he was shocking as a ref in South Africa last year. i don't just think he is bad just against the mariners but he worse with us..

LFCMariners

He is bad in that every game he seems to have a favoured side. Never seems to be us when he's in control either.

Jaza_SFC

He generally favours the away side, althought it's nowhere near as pronounced as people will have you believe.

Roy Law

I like Sarah Ho.
I don't like the fact that she is the only ref assistant that is constantly criticised on this forum despite other assistants also making perceived errors (as in Mrdja incorrectly given offside early on against Phoenix). But then, they are male and she isn't. Get the impression that some young boys didn't like their older sister pulling their hair when they were younger.

Roy Law

As for Breeze, while I never blame refs for a team's performance, I just don't like his attitude. He believes the game is all about him not the players. He hides behind the yellow and red cards. His destruction of the Grand Final as a spectacle with no regards for the game or the spectators speaks volumes for a man completely out of touch with the realities of the game. I much preferred Mark Shields even if he did miss Holland's handball.

FFC Mariner

Roy Law said:
I like Sarah Ho.
I don't like the fact that she is the only ref assistant that is constantly criticised on this forum despite other assistants also making perceived errors (as in Mrdja incorrectly given offside early on against Phoenix). But then, they are male and she isn't. Get the impression that some young boys didn't like their older sister pulling their hair when they were younger.

bollocks- she is a terrible AR, stands 2m behind play and cant see across the line. I am not young and have no problem that she is female, only that she is f**king inept

serious14

FFC Mariner said:
Roy Law said:
I like Sarah Ho.

bollocks- she is a terrible AR, stands 2m behind play and cant see across the line. I am not young and have no problem that she is female, only that she is f**king inept

This.

When the corner flag is taller than you, how can you honestly expect to see properly across the field of play, particularly at somewhere like EAS where there is a pronounced hump in the middle of the ground??

bikinigirl

FFC Mariner said:
Roy Law said:
I like Sarah Ho.

. she is also the most recognisable which allows a reputation to be built in the minds of the fans rather than just another anonymous AR who people generally don't recognise or remember from game to game

stormin

Sarah Ho clearly does not understand the offside rule twice in the phoenix game she gave offside when clearly the mariners players were level ,also think back to the newcastle jets game when she flaged for offside on matt simon disallowing a good goal and costing the mariners 3 points ,this would never be accepted in any top league in europe ,can you imagine what sir alex would be saying if a female gave these descisions against man utd. :redcard:

FFC Mariner

stormin said:
Sarah Ho clearly does not understand the offside rule twice in the phoenix game she gave offside when clearly the mariners players were level ,also think back to the newcastle jets game when she flaged for offside on matt simon disallowing a good goal and costing the mariners 3 points ,this would never be accepted in any top league in europe ,can you imagine what sir alex would be saying if a female  an idiot who cant do their job properly gave these descisions against man utd. :redcard:

Fixed before the PC police get you  :popcorn:

MagpieMariner

FFC Mariner said:
Roy Law said:
I like Sarah Ho.

My wife, who will rip a new one for anyone who makes apparently discriminatory remarks against women, was at the game with me on NYE. I nearly swallowed my water bottle when she asked me why Ho was running the line when she was way behind the play and couldn't possibly see what was happening on the other side of the pitch.
Says it all, really.

LFCMariners

Expect to see plenty more Mariners games between now and the end of the season with Breeze & Ho doing all they can to drive the nails in our coffin..

kevrenor

elevated position said:
whats with nearly every game that breeze has here he brings his own Ho. Should we start readng something into this liason

The refs get to have first choice on who their assistants are, for his last two games:
Alex Glasgow, Sarah Ho at Gosford
Ben Wilson, Scott Edeling at SFA

The first three are pretty much among his regulars

Mr Cleansheets

I'm sure it's been talked about on this forum previously, but it's very clear that we never do well when Breeze is the ref. What are the stats for home victories when he's in control? I'll bet my left bollock it's way below 40%. I can't remember the last time we won with Breeze (and Ho only makes it ten times worse - and she IS always 5 metres behind the play!).

The thing is, you'd think they'd be conscious of the fact that Mariners fans regard them both as at best inept and at worst biased. Do they try to do anything to improve their standing in the perceived partiality stakes? No. Surely it would only be human nature to want to be liked and therefore to make some kind of (even unconscious) effort at least to be perceived as fair...but they don't. If anything, Breeze seems more anti-Mariner and more arrogant about it every game. He has cost us many points this season and every season, and my heart sinks every time I see him darken the pitch. How on earth is he picked for the A-League week after week? I can only assume he has compromising pictures of Ben Buckley with a goat.

marinermick

Mr Cleansheets said:
What are the stats for home victories when he's in control? I'll bet my left bollock it's way below 40%.

I did the stats the other night.

Over five seasons win rate for Breeze is 33.3% v 35.7% overall.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred