• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Aussie Home End - Ghana Friendly, Iraq and China WCQ's

serious14

MODS, CAN YOU PLEASE MAKE THIS A STICKY??

Top of the afternoon to everyone,

I've been speaking to BenW from the Sydney Forums regarding ticketing for the united Australian Home End for the Cameroon friendly, as well as those who wish to travel to Brisbane (June 1st) for the Iraq Qualifier, and for the China Qualifier (June 22nd) which is all but confirmed for Sydney.

Basically, this is only those people who want to be involved in actively creating atmosphere at Socceroos games. If you're not prepared to stand, sing and actively get involved in tifo displays and such, then please don't bother with this.

What we need to be able to do is contact you as soon as we receive ticketing information from the FFA

Please email james.walker83@gmail.com and provide details similar to this, and also which of the 3 matches on home soil you are planning on attending:

Full name: James Walker
Email address: (the one you send with, or you can add an alternative email address if you like)
Mobile Number: #### ### ###
Forum name: serious14 (Marinators)
Where I live: Gosford, NSW
Sydney, May 23 Friendly: YES
Brisbane, June 1 WCQ: YES
Sydney, June 22 WCQ: YES

We will be in contact with you to try to organise it so the right people get tickets for the right area of the stadium. The more of us we get packed in together, the louder and more coordinated we can be. Please note that you are merely indicating which matches you are likely to attend. We will need further confirmation at a later date IF we are able to end up organising tickets for you. This means that we'll need to get in contact with you quickly and need a response from you just as quickly.

Any questions, please feel free to respond in here, PM and/or e-mail me, and I'll get back to you as soon as I can

serious14

To be noted in today's (Thursday) SMH......

NSW Premier Morris Iemma is due to announce tomorrow that Ghana will play a friendly against Australia at ANZ Stadium, Homebush Bay, on May 23, while it's understood Brisbane will host the Socceroos next World Cup qualifier, against Iraq on June 1

benw

All 3 games are confirmed and will be made public tomorrow. So be ready to get tickets etc etc

Serious - could you email me and give me an idea of your numbers so far?

serious14

Done and done.

Guys and girls, if you're keen on going to any of these games, let me know as soon as possible so we can organise a unified block of Marinators inside the Home End and are able to purchase the tickets as soon as they're released.

dibo

serious14 said:
so we can organise a unified block of Marinators inside the Home End

...psssst!

isn't that what we're trying to avoid? no clubs, just country etc.?

serious14

dibo said:
serious14 said:

...psssst!

Yeah yeah, I know what you mean - obviously we won't be wearing colors, but I figured most of us would want to sit together, a la the Uruguay game, yes??

FFC Mariner

OK, but no scum colours like the knobheads at the U23 game who got "asked" to leave 15 before the game.

dru

Greenpoleffc said:
OK, but no scum colours like the knobheads at the U23 game who got "asked" to leave 15 before the game.

It goes for CC colours as well which have been shown in the home end on numerous occasions at these type of games.

I'm in for the Brisbane game

Unfortunately the other games don't fall on my weekend off

benw

serious14 said:
dibo said:
serious14 said:

...psssst!

Yeah yeah, I know what you mean - obviously we won't be wearing colors, but I figured most of us would want to sit together, a la the Uruguay game, yes??

Yeah - we've got to try not to have little cliques within the home end. Have mates next to each other by all means, but don't have each supporters group all in one section.

At that Olyroos match at Bluetongue I had A Sydney person next to me, a Newcastle and a Melbourne lad in front of me, and Coasties behind me. It was also one of the more enjoyable performances by an Aussie home end. We made noise. There was no bitching. Everyone was having a laugh. It was beautiful *sniff*

benw

Oh - it was all confirmed by FFA today.

Ticket info is up at SFCU. Feel free to copy & paste whatever info you want.

serious14

Australia vs. Iraq
Sunday 1st June 2008
Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
Kick Off 5pm
Gates Open 3pm

Ticket Prices -
Category A - $90 all tickets
Category B - $65 Adult, $35 Concession, $165 Family
Category C - $45 Adult, $25 Concession, $115 Family

When do tickets go on sale?
WEDNESDAY 16 APRIL 2008
Ticket Limit 8 per customer

- - - - -
Australia v Ghana
Friday 23rd May 2008
Sydney Football Stadium, Sydney
Kick Off 8pm
Gates Open 6pm

Ticket Prices -
Category A - $80 all tickets
Category B - $60 Adult, $30 Concession, $150 Family
Category C - $40 Adult, $20 Concession, $100 Family

THURSDAY 17 APRIL 2008

- - - - -
Australia v China
Sunday 22nd June 2008
ANZ Stadium
Kick Off 6pm
Gates Open 4pm

Ticket Prices -
Category A - $90 all tickets
Category B - $65 Adult, $35 Concession, $165 Family
Category C - $45 Adult, $25 Concession, $115 Family

WEDNESDAY 7 MAY 2008

- - - - -
2-Match Pass v Ghana & China
Category A - $160 - all tickets
Category B - $115 Adult, $55 Concession, $285 Family
Category C - $75 Adult, $35 Concession, $185 Family

When do 2-Match Pass tickets go on sale?
THURSDAY 17 APRIL 2008
2 Match Pass sales will conclude at 9pm Friday May 2nd[/b

serious14

Ben - check your e-mail and let me know what's going on ASAP and I'll update everyone.

Greenpole and Ben - whatever works best ay, I don't mind who I stand next to.  I just know that sometimes mates like to stand with mates and all the rest of it.

serious14

ATTENTION: The Ghana game is still on the same date, but is now at AUSSIE STADIUM (SFS).

Will be very interested to see how they work the 2 game pass for this with regards to allocated seating.

serious14

Just waiting for the FFA and Ticketek to sort things out so we know what aisle they've designated as the Supporter's Bay for both games......

serious14

Okay guys and gals, listen carefully, just got this from BenW.

"FFA won't do any pre-sale deals or give us a block of seats together as they don't want to favour any particular supporters group - they want all fans in there together. Obviously, I'm cool with that concept of everyone in together, but long-term we should discuss how best to maximise the potential amongst the active supporters we have attending Socceroos matches. But that is for another time-

Now we need to decide how we're going to do this. We are going to have to either:

1. Designate about enough people with MFN's to go to Ticketek stores and then get each of them to buy their full allocation of 8 tickets in the correct seats. Each of those buyers would need clear instructions and would need to follow them properly.
or
2. Everyone just gets their own, via phone or at a ticketek outlet (NOT online), and I send everyone an email explaining where they need to buy, what they need to explain to the ticketek salesperson so they are not lumped in the front row of Bay 28 at SFS (for example)."

Seems the general consensus amongst us was that Option 2 was the easier to organise on short notice, so we're going to run with that for now.  I WILL STILL TAKE ANY REQUESTS THAT YOU HAVE YET TO MAKE, but unfortunately this time around it might end up with the individual getting their own, but within the area we let you know so we're all as close together as can be (i.e.  no families and non-active supporters sitting in the middle).

Keep an eye on this thread and your e-mails and I'll let you know the definitive plan once it's all figured out.  Damn FFA and their non block of seats......

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred