• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Attendance figures

Bex

Yeh, well clearly those posting about bad crowds at Bluetongue this year either weren't at BT this time last year or have very bad memories. Or, they're being swayed by the media propaganda which seems to be taking delight at the prospect that crowd numbers could be down this season for the A-League.

marinermick

Bex said:
Yeh, well clearly those posting about bad crowds at Bluetongue this year either weren't at BT this time last year or have very bad memories. Or, they're being swayed by the media propaganda which seems to be taking delight at the prospect that crowd numbers could be down this season for the A-League.

people have short memories because the same discussion has occurred for the past three seasons

Ted

If you watch all the games each round you can see that the Mariners have the bigger crowds at home.

Arabmariner

I think we expect too much at times.Even the biggest clubs in the world don't fill their stadiums all the time.

Our crowds will pick up from now on.Thugby league will be finished and the warmer weather arriving will bring out the part timers.

The next time we play Perth at home the crowd will be double what we had last week.(New year).

While us diehards love the derbys against scum and bling the part timer tends to turn up at certain times of the year regardless of who we are playing.

We started small and have slowly increased our crowds.Better than starting with a bang and then falling away imo.

rosko

I don't think enough is said of the 'family base' of the Mariners. Look around in the stands, there are so many mums and dads with their kids, and they are definitely part timers. So many factors affect the crowd numbers with us which don't seem to affect others as much. Weather, time, and of course opponent, alters the crowd numbers so much. I for one had to miss the Perth game, as I had to take my daughter to little A's, do you know how hard it is to sit there and show interest in little A's when you can 'hear' the crowd at BT from Adcock... It's cruel...

neverwozza

rosko said:
I don't think enough is said of the 'family base' of the Mariners. Look around in the stands, there are so many mums and dads with their kids, and they are definitely part timers. So many factors affect the crowd numbers with us which don't seem to affect others as much. Weather, time, and of course opponent, alters the crowd numbers so much. I for one had to miss the Perth game, as I had to take my daughter to little A's, do you know how hard it is to sit there and show interest in little A's when you can 'hear' the crowd at BT from Adcock... It's cruel...

The later games don't help us as well. I've got 4 kiddies under 7 and me and the 2 older boys didn't miss a game last year. When I saw the schedule this year I left them off my membership because they are usually in bed at 7.00 and just wouldn't cope with 7.30 and 8.00 games. I had to miss the first 2 games because of sick kids anyway.

dibo

our first three games in the four seasons so far:

season 1

average

season average

season 2

average

season average

season 3

average

season average

season 4

average

Bex

Interesting Dibo, but to be meaningful you would have to factor into that whether the three games were at home, or where they were if they were away.

dibo

Bex said:
Interesting Dibo, but to be meaningful you would have to factor into that whether the three games were at home, or where they were if they were away.

they're our home games.

Bex

Ahh, in that case, let me add some dates and the dates of the NRL/AFL Grand finals

dibo said:
our first three games in the four seasons so far:

season 1 - 2005
5917 - 4 Sept
5261 - 10 Sept
AFL GRAND FINAL - 24 Sept
9313 - 30 Sept
NRL GRAND FINAL - 2 Oct

average

season average

season 2 - 2006
4644 - 9 Sept
8439 - 23 Sept
AFL GRAND FINAL - 30 Sept
NRL GRAND FINAL - 1 Oct
11567 - 13 Oct

average

season average

season 3 - 2007
9052 - 31 Aug
9274 - 23 Sept
AFL GRAND FINAL - 27 Sept
NRL GRAND FINAL - 30 Sept
12622 - 7 Oct

average

season average

season 4 - 2008
10932 - 23 Aug
9010 - 20 Sept
8016 - 26 Sept
AFL GRAND FINAL - 27 Sept
NRL GRAND FINAL - 5 Oct

average

Bex

Going by history above, we can expect an upturn in numbers for our next home game on 19 October.

Interesting to note that we suffer our smallest round three crowd since season one when we have our first ever game the night before an AFL GF - and on a Friday night no less.

The drop in numbers for round 2 is also easily explained; the weather was just awful and Coaster was on.

FFC Mariner

I seem to remember some really shitty weather in the previous seasons as well. One game against Aukland was horrible if I remember correctly??

All we can do is turn up really

Bex

Thats right, all we can do is turn up.

Interesting to hear negative comments about the crowds though. I can't see anything to panic about in the stats and our round 1 crowd is certainly cause to be optomistic.

Arabmariner

Our crowds always look worse than they actually are on the telly because most of the crowd is on the western side.

Fine by me since the bar on the eastern side is rarely busy. :)

ponno

I agree - once the NRL is all over and the weather warms up its on like donkey kong.... We are already seing some great games but once you combine the above I reckon we can have bluetongue filling up nicely ... there is way too much doom and gloom in these forums sometimes...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred