• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Attendance figures

Timmah

Sorry but that's utter crap. I've seen that ground full for RL State of Origin and Broncos games. There was no more than 20k in that ground I'm afraid.

serious14

The top (as in, 3rd level) tiers on both sides were full........ you just didn't see it much from those camera shots.

Are you sure you're not a Rugby League troll??  You seem to reference it a lot.

Part_Timer

serious14 said:
The top (as in, 3rd level) tiers on both sides were full........ you just didn't see it much from those camera shots.

Are you sure you're not a Rugby League troll??  You seem to reference it a lot.

agreed :postcount:

FFC Mariner

Timmah said:
Sorry but that's utter crap. I've seen that ground full for RL State of Origin and Broncos games. There was no more than 20k in that ground I'm afraid.

NRL trolls??? I suspect the Lang Park groundsman might be a knuckledragger too. That pitch tonight was a disgrace.

marinersman

Timmah said:

I was at the game because I was up there for my nephew's 21st and therefore missed our scum match.

There was definitely 32,000, no problem at all. The top tier was full and only the middle tier was empty. It was a great crowd but they're a quiet bunch up there. Didn't make much noise and not that much atmosphere. They just don't seem as vocal and passionate as the southern states for some reason.

Can't knok their attendance figures though - they're pretty good over three seasons. They'll go close to filling the ground for their semi and would definitely be a sell out if the host the GF.

neverwozza

http://www.astra.org.au/news.asp#338

I've finally found a site that publishes pay tv ratings to see how we are going on that front. They don't have previous figures to compare NRL or AFL (it seems as though they have changed the format in the last month) and I am not sure what are good or bad numbers but the link is above anyway.

Sean

Attendances for this HAL season

Team Crowd average
                                                      2005-06            2006-07                 2007-08
Melbourne Victory                              14,158               27,728                   26,064
Queensland Roar                                14,785               16,465                   16,951
Sydney FC                                        16,669               14,999                   16,373
Newcastle Jets                                    8,912               11,442                   13,209
Central Coast Mariners                          7,899                9,828                    12,741
Adelaide United                                  10,947              12,162                    12,697
Wellington Phoenix                                   -                    -                        11,683
Perth Glory                                         9,734               7,671                      7,596
New Zealand Knights                            3,909               3,014                          -
Whole season                                    10,955              12,927                    14,610

FFC Mariner

Great results by:

Melb (considering their season) us, the scum and the Nix.

SFC's average over 3 seasons is a freakin disgrace in a city of over 3m people. Evidence indeed that they have abjectly failed to connect with their community.

Perth's attendences look awful and I expect that a comparison with the last NSL season will look even worse. Hopefully, the new owners will be able to tempt fans back in V4.

As a % of population, I suspect we will look even better :)

brett

We may have done Newcastle if it hadn't pissed down on our last game, although to be fair it was raining before their game too. Both of us have done very well and the future looks bright.

rosko

How good do the Wellington figures look after the Knights? Great job by the guys over there.. Be nice to see us with a 15k avg next season.. Might be wishing for a little too much there..

Tassiemariner

Quick question  as i have had a mind blank.

Whats the name of the big sports report released annually about participation growth etc

kevrenor

FOX happy

January 25, 2008
HYUNDAI A-LEAGUE 2007/08 ACHIEVES RECORD AUDIENCE FIGURES ON FOX SPORTS

Hyundai A-League ratings have increased by 23 per cent on FOX SPORTS
this season. With competition for Premiership fierce, significant growth
was driven by strong interest in the final rounds of the season.

Round 21's Sydney FC v Melbourne Victory match ranked as FOX SPORTS most
watched regular season game in the history of the competition, reaching
a total audience of more than 370,000 and with average audiences of

This year more than 2.8 million viewers have enjoyed FOX SPORTS regular
season coverage of the Hyundai A-League, with total audiences growing
year on year.

CEO of FOX SPORTS David Malone says "the success of the A-League on FOX
SPORTS and the closeness of the Premiership is indicative of a very
healthy competition. We're confident this  level interest will continue
in the coming weeks and look forward to some more fantastic ratings
results throughout the Finals Series".

FOX SPORTS Live and Exclusive coverage of the Hyundai A-League 2008
Finals series commences this weekend and will culminate in coverage of
the Grand Final on February 24.

FOX SPORTS COVERAGE OF THE HYUNDAI A-LEAGUE 2008 FINALS SERIES
Fri 25 Jan        SF 1st Leg - Sydney v Queensland                LIVE
7.30pm            FOX SPORTS 1
Sun 27 Jan      SF 1st Leg - Newcastle v Central Coast        LIVE
5.30pm            FOX SPORTS 1
Fri 8 Feb          SF 2nd Leg - Queensland v Sydney              LIVE
7.30pm            FOX SPORTS 1
Sun 10 Feb    SF 2nd Leg - Central Coast v Newcastle        LIVE
5.30pm            FOX SPORTS 1
Sun 17 Feb    Preliminary Final
LIVE    5.30pm            FOX SPORTS 2
Sun 24 Feb    Grand Final
LIVE    5.00pm            FOX SPORTS 1

dibo said:
Foriegnmariner said:
Quick question  as i have had a mind blank.

Whats the name of the big sports report released annually about participation growth etc

the ABS has one - 4177.0 - Participation in Sports and Physical Recreation, Australia.

the latest one (2005/6, released feb 07) is linked, and you can go through and explore to your heart's content.

Atomic

Perth's crowd averages are woeful. Is there any support (even if it's just in principle) for kicking Perth out of the comp? Yes, they had a couple of "glory" years (pardon the pun) in the NSL, but if anything that should've only strengthened their position in the A-league.

dibo

Atomic said:
Perth's crowd averages are woeful. Is there any support (even if it's just in principle) for kicking Perth out of the comp? Yes, they had a couple of "glory" years (pardon the pun) in the NSL, but if anything that should've only strengthened their position in the A-league.

considering where their on-field performance has been, plus two changes of ownership and i think 4 different managers, their off-field performance has actually been pretty solid i think.

a couple of good years and they'll be back in a big way.

brett

:redcard:

If we'd been getting their results, our crowds would have probably been much lower.

Glory needs to benefit from the salary cap and get to playing some decent football next season to bring the people back.

Look at Wellington even - shit results but super exciting style. Glory haven't had the players to produce results OR attractive play.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred