• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Asian Cup 2015

nearlyyellow

Anyone get on board the "adopt a team" initiative? Who did you pick?
I'll be following Palestine until they're out and then Japan.
Palestine because it's hard to find a smaller underdog and Japan because I just like Japan.
North Korea? Not in terms of population, but in terms of popular support. Bound to be an unwanted, unloved, underdog. And in fact I know there are qualification rules in place but I don't see how a performance in 2012 can qualify them for the 2015 Cup.
(DPR Korea qualified for the 2015 AFC Asian Cup by winning the 2012 AFC Challenge Cup)
I'm still deciding though. Qatar might be a goer.

nearlyyellow

Naughty me! I paid EU$5.99 to a certain provider for 1 months feed (legal) and because it's geoblocked I use a VPN and I'm set for the Cup. :)

nearlyyellow

No Foxtel, EU5.99 and I'm fixed there and the spare change compared to Foxtel pays for heaps of red cordial. :D

sydmariner

Ahh remember the days when playing Qatar or Oman at ranks in the 90's where considered a joke.
Now the jokes on us.
Foxtel baby finally something to watch other than some gypsie shit. Every game live but I can't aford the red wine to enjoy it.
what about goon instead

VicMariner

Cahill scores again! He's a freak.
Probably be a long time before we see another Socceroo like him.

A few players going down too easy in the box. I hope AP tells them to cut it out at HT.

Big Al

Yeah some bad flops.
Trent totally lost his mn on that first goal not a great start.
Luonogo steals a header from timmy. Finally goal from someone else.

VicMariner

Yeah, Luongo, always impressive and seemingly came from out of nowhere to the NT.
Hope he has a blinder this tournament.

Big Al

Great save Mat. His best game for Socceroos. Could be the game that makes him as a national team GK. He has never looked comfortable but had a blinder tonight. Hopefully that sparks his confidence as our GK and plays like he does for Brugge

dibo

Hate to tell you TB, they were all around you.

Scrub hard tonight son, it's gonna take a while to get that off.

Forum Phoenix

Had hoped to go, but couldn't make it. Sounds like they never got out of first. But you just know they'll peak when they need to.

We had a good win, but to be honest, I really didn't find our performance convincing.

Matty - awesome game. What a save. Spiranovic ok, thought Trent looked better. Franjic, two good moments. One important. Otherwise why he is being selected ahead of Risdon is a mystery to me. Well... barring the team roar ala McKay shite. Behich was solid I thought. (Micky Neil has his measure though and may have a big future) Mile - terrific performance after that ankle roll with also some great long range passing. Luongo - sketchy opening then came home well - great adventure and got his reward. Troisi was our worst I thought. Leckie a few great moments, but so many sloppy moments and poor decisions that it still makes it hard to be a serious believer - if he did not have speed - not convinced he'd even be HAL level. Kruse, still a good way off his best unfortunately, talented, but such a whiner he's a hard to like. Juric, pass ffs. Burns - so unlucky, looks deadly. He movement was awesome. Bresc - class above. Tim legend.

Looking forward to tomorrow night. Home end + gold wig + attacking football = happy camper.

Last edited:

true believer

Hate to tell you TB, they were all around you.

Scrub hard tonight son, it's gonna take a while to get that off.
highlights even the Palestinians were singing the japanese song that sounds like let it go .
low piont some halfwit with a jewish flag .
cops should have tazered him .

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred