• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Asian Cup 2015

eenfish

Socceroos based out of Centre of Excellence would be... excellent. They're state of the art facilities and would make sense.
THAT SAID the facilities that Collingwood/Melb Victory use around AAMI park are top notch as well. The only reason why they wouldn't be used is the AFL teams probably saying "eff off not using our facilities because we are Jacob Burns/John Terry level dog Cs", plus A-League club being host to the socceroos would be ideal for advertising the game.

sydmariner

Socceroos based out of Centre of Excellence would be... excellent. They're state of the art facilities and would make sense.
THAT SAID the facilities that Collingwood/Melb Victory use around AAMI park are top notch as well. The only reason why they wouldn't be used is the AFL teams probably saying "eff off not using our facilities because we are Jacob Burns/John Terry level dog Cs", plus A-League club being host to the socceroos would be ideal for advertising the game.
Haven't the socceroos already used it under holger

eenfish

Yeah, before the East Asian Cup if I recall correctly. They played a friendly at Pluim didn't they?

yellowcake

This is worth a look. The Newcastle Pack Plus (thats an advantage of being a Coastie) - bargain: 6 matches including Final, both Semis, 3 vs 4 playoff and Japan vs. ??

Just locked Cat 2 in for $299 + $199 for the young bloke
thumbup.gif
(and the opening Japan game at Newcastle is closer than from home, while we're on hols at One Mile Beach)

Last edited:

kevrenor

Just got my tickets: Oman vs Australia in Sydney, and the night before in Newcastle (for 1/3 the price) it is Japan vs whosoever qualifies .. train it down from Sawtell, and I get two games in 2 days, plus if the Mariners play at home the weekend before I can fit that in .. sweet. :cheers:

sydmariner

Just got my tickets: Oman vs Australia in Sydney, and the night before in Newcastle (for 1/3 the price) it is Japan vs whosoever qualifies .. train it down from Sawtell, and I get two games in 2 days, plus if the Mariners play at home the weekend before I can fit that in .. sweet. :cheers:
i heard that the a-league might put on hold while the asian cup is on

pjennings

With our World Cup over it's worth a look at how we stand for the Asian Cup and beyond. The biggest concern to me in the World Cup has been the naivety of the fullbacks. If Williams comes in that fixes the right but we have no-one really to challenge Davidson who struggled to keep the offside trap.

These 6 should return from injury - Good, Sainsbury, Williams, Kennedy, Rogic, Kruse

I'd replace McGowan, Wright, Holland, Vidosic, Halloran and Taggart

leaving us with a much stronger squad of

-----------------------Ryan/Langerak/Galekovic-----------------
Williams/Franjic--------Wilko/Trent----Spira/Good----Davidson/McKay
----------------------Jedinak/Milligan/Luongo---------
Kruse/Leckie-----------Bresc/Tommy/Ollie---------------Oar/Triosi
----------------------------Cahill/Kennedy---------------------

The problem is still at LB.

After the Asian Cup I would expect to lose Galekovic, McKay, Bresciano, Cahill & Kennedy. I think we have a few CAM coming though but with Timmy, Josh and Bresc going only Kruse seems to have any goal-scoring form for the national team. It's a real opportunity for time for someone to claim those spots.

dibo

I can only think of the goal against Netherlands where Davidson dropped off. Were there other times?

Big Al

Yeah you wont' get Davidson out of there any time soon.

Thought he was pretty good.

The dutch mistake was inexperience for sure.

Ange: Stick to Robben like glue don't give him an inch he will punish us
So when Robben makes the run he follows like he is instructed to. If he doesn't follow that run people will be saying why did they give Robben so much room.
Was a smart run by Robben which caused Davidson to follow instead of looking at his back line. RVP cashes in from what would have been offside.

While he made the mistake I see why. Every mistake we made got punished such is the nature of the World Cup.

We do need a backup if he gets injured or like game three looked tired & that's not McKay IMO. McKay was actually pretty good in the middle but he is not a LB IMO

We really missed some creativity in the middle. Rogic would have been very handy for this team.

Taggart sucked because we were playing aerial with the wingers for Tim Cahill. When it was time to stop doing that they didn't know how to play through the middle on the ground.
Definately time to test Amini or hope Rogic recovers or fast track D'Silva

pjennings

I can only think of the goal against Netherlands where Davidson dropped off. Were there other times?
Third goal against Spain as well. He and Franjic both caught out in the warm up against Croatia

Last edited:

nearlyyellow

Time to get this thread active.

4 days until Aus. v. Kuwait in Melbourne.

What's the hot goss. guys?

Being a poor old pensioner ( heh heh ) I didn't buy any tickets, and now that the Cup is here I must admit I am a bit jealous of those of you who lashed out and ticketed yourselves. I could have denied myself that extra glass of red cordial and done the same, but them's the breaks. Oh well, there's always the delayed telecasts on ABC TV, and bootleg TV too. :-|

sydmariner

Time to get this thread active.

4 days until Aus. v. Kuwait in Melbourne.

What's the hot goss. guys?

Being a poor old pensioner ( heh heh ) I didn't buy any tickets, and now that the Cup is here I must admit I am a bit jealous of those of you who lashed out and ticketed yourselves. I could have denied myself that extra glass of red cordial and done the same, but them's the breaks. Oh well, there's always the delayed telecasts on ABC TV, and bootleg TV too. :-|
Sadly wiziwig is no more:(

sydmariner

I'll be going to see the socceroos vs Oman next tuesday (13/1/15) socceroos vs South Korea in Brisbane (17/1/15) & the final:overheadl:

VicMariner

Anyone get on board the "adopt a team" initiative? Who did you pick?
I'll be following Palestine until they're out and then Japan.
Palestine because it's hard to find a smaller underdog and Japan because I just like Japan.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred