• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

ALM round 19 CCM vs VUC Sun 5pm Away

Wombat

What a game. I changed my tip from a Mariners win to a draw because of the mammoth game on Thurs...shame on me.

Paull was the weak link in a rock solid back 5 but he ended up having a decent game and some good moments.

Confidence is Doka's friend. That was an exceptional game and he was my MOM.

Everyone had a huge game and this squad is a tight unit.

Jacko and Danny are doing an incredible job.

3pts Doka
2pts Max
1pt Hall, Kaltak Torres and Tappy.

Tevor

What a game. I changed my tip from a Mariners win to a draw because of the mammoth game on Thurs...shame on me.

Paull was the weak link in a rock solid back 5 but he ended up having a decent game and some good moments.

3pts Doka
2pts Max
Agree Paull started out a bit shaky but as the game progressed made some good tackles and looked heaps more comfortable. Hall impressed me out of his best position as well and shows he is also high on confidence as last season that change was a problem for him. Doka giving Arzani a hard time was the highlight of the match for me. Jacko definitely has the formula right in this team, doesn't seem anything is an impossible obstacle and they just don't give up.

Big Al

3pts Doka
2pts Max
Paull played some nice balls and was decent. His mistakes are noticeable though.

That touch was horrendous that he gave to Arzani. It wasn’t a great ball but it wasn’t the worst and he got tangled and we saw the touch.

He improved but then looked tired late.

Think his confidence is a bit low at the moment

Not ready but if we do play him then back 5 helps protect him.

Thought Alou was good to but he has to bury that shot he hit the post.

Love all the South Americans using the interpreter then laughing when a joke is said in English. They all do it.

Doka was brilliant and his one twos with Torres were superb

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

That was the loooooooooongest second half ever.
The second red was harsh on them, it was foul and yellow but no way a red.
So much guts and control from the boys. Unbelievable week
Valadon? It was denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity. Give a foul there, have to give a red. The other defender wasn't close enough to challenge. And despite the whinging of a lot of Vuck fans, he definitely fouled him. It wasn't a dive.

Tevor

Valadon? It was denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity. Give a foul there, have to give a red. The other defender wasn't close enough to challenge. And despite the whinging of a lot of Vuck fans, he definitely fouled him. It wasn't a dive.
Agree and I recall Denzel Wenzel unfortunately clipping a player he was chasing down at the beginning of the season and I think it was a penalty but same scenario. When you run across the back of a player you risk clipping them at high speed. Clear foul and correct decision, just one of those things.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Agree and I recall Denzel Wenzel unfortunately clipping a player he was chasing down at the beginning of the season and I think it was a penalty but same scenario. When you run across the back of a player you risk clipping them at high speed. Clear foul and correct decision, just one of those things.
yeah....I was entirely sure about the contact looking at Kuol, but Valadon puts his arms up even before Kuol goes down. There is no clearer sign that a player has clipped another player - and if you look at Valadon't legs you can see them very. So, his knee pushed Kual's foot into the back of his other calf.

Our red was....look, sometimes they're red, sometimes they're not. I don't think it met the Clear and Obvious bar myself, but oh well.

Stuartmcateer

Our red was....look, sometimes they're red, sometimes they're not. I don't think it met the Clear and Obvious bar myself, but oh well.
I'm ok with it being a red as long as that's the consistent standard - stand on a guy from behind= red card in all situations then cool, we all know where we stand.

But if it is then faz against WSW is a red and a number of other challenges this year as well. No consistency at all across the competition.

Same with handball and offside.

booney

Balard and Tapp are really stepping up to their defensive duties but also are able to springboard attacking moves which shows their versatility.Harry Steele might have difficulty breaking them up but there are still a lot of games to go especially if we go deeper into the AFC and make the finals of the A-League( that is almost a certainty).If he regains fitness he will be needed.

Paull despite a hairy moment in the first half nearly letting the Whinger score was steadfast and got some valuable game time.

pjennings

I'm ok with it being a red as long as that's the consistent standard - stand on a guy from behind= red card in all situations then cool, we all know where we stand.

But if it is then faz against WSW is a red and a number of other challenges this year as well. No consistency at all across the competition.

Same with handball and offside.
Halloran got a red for the same. Previous week Clisby got no foul and a yellow for what looked two deliberate achille rakes against Brandtman

Stuartmcateer

Halloran got a red for the same. Previous week Clisby got no foul and a yellow for what looked two deliberate achille rakes against Brandtman
That's why I am saying I am ok with it being a red if it's a red for everyone. There's no consistency at all.

I get the ref on ground not being 100% consistent as at full speed with 1 look, but VAR should be able to draw a line and be able to say "same same"

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred