• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

ALM round 19 CCM vs VUC Sun 5pm Away

FFC Mariner

Wenzel Halls - now they are just trolling

Tough tough game and I dont expect anything here - hope I'm wrong but no Faz, 120 minutes in that heat (its was horrible watching let alone playing) = curse to continue

A point would be incredible

Big Dog

Alou.. He has a few goals and assists that are not mentioned
Really hope our strikers hit some sort of form soon. It really is our most under performing area. Our top scorer is Torres with 11 (.69 gpg) , second is Túlio with 5 (.46)
Kuol 4 (.22), Reece 3 (.21) and the Kaltak 2 (.11)
Edmonson did well against Phnom Pen but hasn’t settled into the League yet or made a big impression.
One of them needs to step up

Corsair

Really hope our strikers hit some sort of form soon. It really is our most under performing area. Our top scorer is Torres with 11 (.69 gpg) , second is Túlio with 5 (.46)
Kuol 4 (.22), Reece 3 (.21) and the Kaltak 2 (.11)
Edmonson did well against Phnom Pen but hasn’t settled into the League yet or made a big impression.
One of them needs to step up
No Theohaurus?

pjennings

Still no Noah?

TBH I would be very tempted to start with a 3-5-2

----------Danny---------
---Storm----Hall---Kaltak
Doka--------------------Paull
--------Max----Tapp
------------Niz --------------
------DWH----Edmo

I'd like to see DWH teamed with someone that can hold up play but can also make his own goals. A classic nig man / small man combo.

I also don't think a 30 year old storm should be looking at playing as a LWB for 90 minutes after all his work and a back three may actually allow our CBs to share the workload. Between Kaltak, Paull and Tappy they should be able to negate a lot of Arzani's menace. If Arzani swaps wings Tapp can go with him and swap with Max.

DWH won't last having had limited game time and Angel didn't look like he was fully recovered. I think as the game goes on we will switch to a more traditional back four with Paull and DWH (both with lack of game time) making way for other attacking options.

I think Angel must be used to at that stage to give Arzani pause something to think about in defence. What other attacking options we use I'm really at a loss but I'd be loathe to use Brandtman as he is feeling the step up especially in such a crowded schedule. Jing, Alou, Miguel and Ronald are all options.

I'd like to give Max and Nizz a breather but really think we need to have Harry back

nl.ryan

Still no Noah?

TBH I would be very tempted to start with a 3-5-2

----------Danny---------
---Storm----Hall---Kaltak
Doka--------------------Paull
--------Max----Tapp
------------Niz --------------
------DWH----Edmo

I'd like to see DWH teamed with someone that can hold up play but can also make his own goals. A classic nig man / small man combo.

I also don't think a 30 year old storm should be looking at playing as a LWB for 90 minutes after all his work and a back three may actually allow our CBs to share the workload. Between Kaltak, Paull and Tappy they should be able to negate a lot of Arzani's menace. If Arzani swaps wings Tapp can go with him and swap with Max.

DWH won't last having had limited game time and Angel didn't look like he was fully recovered. I think as the game goes on we will switch to a more traditional back four with Paull and DWH (both with lack of game time) making way for other attacking options.

I think Angel must be used to at that stage to give Arzani pause something to think about in defence. What other attacking options we use I'm really at a loss but I'd be loathe to use Brandtman as he is feeling the step up especially in such a crowded schedule. Jing, Alou, Miguel and Ronald are all options.

I'd like to give Max and Nizz a breather but really think we need to have Harry back
Noah had surgery on his shoulder a couple of weeks ago and said he was out for the season. He said he’ll still be here next season though.

Luke

Because I was bored I looked into Nisbet and his minutes played so far. Nisbet has now played 1620/1620 minutes in the Aliga this season and 722/750 AFC cup minutes. Has played a total of 2342/2370 available competitive minutes since September 21st. If you played every minute of the regular Aliga season you would play 2430 minutes.

He is a freak. Assuming he plays the full 90 against Victory this weekend, he would have already played the equivalent of playing every minute of this Aliga season and there is 9 rounds left. Considering the form he is in, he is currently executing some kind of superhuman effort that should be studied.

He is quickly entering that all time CCM XI for me. He might just be there already.

***numbers may or may not be accurate as this was done when I was supposed to be working***

Ironbark

I feel like Jacko is a superb tactician, and I've said it before but I'm so impressed that he has taken a team of majority youth and ex-academy players and taught them how to play multiple formations in such a short time. They all know their roles in each formation, and execute it surprising well.

Each time we play a new team the coaching staff have to go off videos of the opposition to plan. After actually playing a team we have that much more insight, which we now do against victory. Presumably fall-and-rolli is back (haven't paid attention), and is something we didn't face last time, but I have no doubt Jacko will have a clear plan with plans b, c and d ready to go. He also clearly plays the game of chess on the pitch live. We always improve 2nd half after tinkering, and he responds during the game with formation changes and subs.

We'll be up against it this game. I have no doubt they'll come at us hard hoping to press sydney-style while we're recently 120min in the humid heat tired. But we have Jacko and a team full of belief. Will be happy with a draw but a win is not out of the question.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred