• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

ALM Grand Final vs Victory 23/24

true believer

Some random thoughts at this point. Still spinning.

At about the 83rd minute I was thinking about how so far this season we've always found a way through. Always. If tonight wasn't it I could forgive it but surely they would? They've done it so many times. Then BAM, Edmo's goal goes in and we all knew what was to happen from there.

We played better after they scored, but they also dropped 5 to the back and compressed for defence so was so hard to play through. Once we did it was game on.

I was in Bay 26 and the noise at atmosphere was epic. From our goal onwards it was electric
yeah . i was in row t . i thought the stadium might collapse after edo scored his second

dlanod

At about the 83rd minute I was thinking about how so far this season we've always found a way through. Always. If tonight wasn't it I could forgive it but surely they would? They've done it so many times. Then BAM, Edmo's goal goes in and we all knew what was to happen from there.
Said the same to my girls - "Are we going to win?" "Well, we had plenty of games this year where we've arsed it at the very end, so we'll have to wait and see." I can think of at least three or four just in the ones I remember.

The seven year old spent most of the game going "Why do they call them the Victory when they're not going to get the victory?" even after we were 1-0 down. She finished the game with "I told you so!"

Spacks

If anyone gets the chance, ask him if he's going to stay on as the GK Coach

51b5b9267d9047d5a45d1f92255448cc.png

pjennings

Just some random - probably incoherent thoughts.

Great work by security and the police. They recognised the pitch invasion for what it was - pure elation - rather than malicious intent a la the bucket boy incident. We often complain but that was handled beautifully.

King also had a great game (except for the elbow that he missed on Alou) - definitely added to the game.

Epic night!!

Some great moments - the crowd singing the national anthem, Edmo's equaliser, Migsy's winner, Edmo's sealer, the scenes at full time. I never thought I would see something like that at our own stadium. What a night!!

Popovic played into MJ's hands taking off Arzani and Fornoroli before Edmo's equaliser. At that stage it seemed the only likely winner in playing time was going be us.

Great to hear that Danny is staying with the club. I'm sure if injuries or youth NTs' duty rob us of GKs next year he may well ride the pine.

adz

Staff member
A couple more highlights of the night for me

- The look on everyone's face as there was a mad rush for the loos when Edmo got the 91st minute equaliser - quick go pee and get back in case they get another one
- What I thought was a beer planning disaster of having way too much beer to drink in the second half before the end of the game turned out to be a genius move as I didn't run out in extra time

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred