• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

ALM Grand Final vs Victory 23/24

LFCMariners

As I said yesterday pre-match, I felt unusually stoic. The only time I previously recall feeling such a way was during the penalty shoot-out that concluded the 2022 FA Cup Final. I was in a packed Cheers bar and suddenly had this realisation: they're on the other side of the world, they can't hear me, Liverpool were winning trophies and penalty shoot-outs before I was even born so clearly how I feel or how much I want (insert LFC player) to score it or for (insert Chelsea player) to miss or have Allison save it is irrelevant. All I can do is watch and what will be, will be. Worrying about this is pointless.

That game finished in LFC's favour, but it could've gone the other way just as easily. So during last nights' game, despite my feelings about Australia's Shame, I'm watching after we go down 1-0 and I'm standing there thinking all the games between these two have been tight, low-scoring affairs this season and we were lucky with the win in Melbourne. There was a chance and Geria took it - as you'd expect to - and it paid off for them. Been the story of this season against the Victory and it could be the GF now too. No shame in coming up short this time, we've had a great season considering. I thought of the hypothetical Grand Final scenario I spoke of earlier too, thinking Well, if it WAS ever going to turn out like that, this is what the 'Before' scenario would look like so maybe it's not over yet, despite how the game has gone up until now...Beyond just making a conscious effort to help keep the noise going in Bay 16 so we finished on a high, I knew there was nothing I could do about the game itself but watch. I was indifferent as that.

When Edmo scored if anything I felt happy for the casual fans who came - and my parents who were at their first game since the 2018 NYE disaster - that at least they got to see a CCM goal and a fight-back and we took the game to extra time at least. Messaged a SFC friend (whose wedding I missed the prelim against Adelaide last season for) and said: Don't care from here, always want to win but that was epic and will bring a whole lot back next season.

When MDP slotted in the cross it was funny - I was up standing on the seat waving my scarf with all these youths around me jumping about going crazy and I'm trying to stay upright, but feel myself buckling under the surging mass of bodies, until I realised yeah I can't stop this and went under with the crush. I was lying on the concrete flat on my back beneath the seats, looking directly up at the night sky with all these people above me, guys too young to get a beer with their shirts off jumping about, heads yelling YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!! and going mental. It was surreal and funny and for some reason their expressions made me think of those memes of dogs making funny expressions, and how meme-able some of the yelling faces above were. I don't know how long I was actually lying down there on the concrete for, but it was long enough to consider trying to grab my phone out of my pocket so I could snap some funny yelling face shots from my vantage point. But then some kid - probably no older than 14 - reached down and helped pull me back up to my feet. I continued singing and clapping and by that stage it felt like we had the momentum (physically and emotionally) to go on and win it. But again, all i could do was sing and clap.

When Edmo scored the 3rd then it was time to celebrate and I was messaging friends who support other teams saying how great it was to rip their hearts out like that and f**k the Victory etc. Was so grateful (again) my parents got to see a game like this and that Gosford got a home GF like this and it all came against an opponent I've wanted to beat in a GF for 15 years. All coming together at once.

Then there was the impromptu pitch invasion, that'll be part of Mariners and Central Coast folklore for the next 75 years - as long as anybody who remembers it and was there is alive to recall it. So many people who weren't there last night will wish they could've been - and we got to experience it first-hand. Also brilliant was gesturing to the away bay en masse showing them we are #1. This was before I heard about them slashing tyres. Amazing how much more accommodating police and security are when you don't throw buckets or flares at people and leave the pitch in an orderly fashion, isn't it?

Ended up back at Drifters' into the early hours, got my hands on the actual toilet seat and let the whole nights' events sink in. That feeling of relief when you've won a Grand Final at home against Australia's Shame AND completed the treble.

Went to the presentation at Erina Fair this time and glad I did, just to get that feeling of closure (even if I saw all the boys with their medals/ trophies last night) and also to hear the official word from Richard on Danny's behalf. The fact Danny got Richard to make the announcement instead of doing it himself, and the way Danny dipped his head when Richard confirmed what many of us already suspected, was probably the most emotional moment of the previous 24 hours.

@priorpeter I assume after last night you've vowed to never drink again, @Josho Howe go and talk all the shit you want about Poppa on all of the socials, the rest of you?

I'll finish with my FB update:

There was getting beaten 8-2 - at home - twice in the space of a calendar year…

There was the NYE match where the goalposts down one end collapsed, causing the match to be delayed by 45 minutes while they installed new posts, by which time at least half the crowd (including my party) decided they’d rather leave to go watch the fireworks on Gosford waterfront…

There was having to hear people say we shouldn’t be in the competition or relocate to North Sydney or Canberra because we were a dead-weight in the competition…

Then, thanks to a few people (Alan Stajic, Nick Montgomery, Richard Peil, Mark Jackson and a number of others) we turned from doubters to believers-

Then the last 12 months manifested. Last night was truly something special, probably the biggest night Gosford has seen since I moved to the Coast on my 7th birthday (it had nothing to do with that- Mum and Dad didn’t decide to move us to the Central Coast because I wanted it for for a birthday present)…

But- remembering so clearly the past 5 years of this club, makes the last 12 months even more special.

And the previous 45 minutes of the game last night, made what came next even more special…

Well done and thank you to everyone who played some part not just in the previous 12 months, but last night.

You’re heaps good!

FFC Mariner

As I said yesterday pre-match, I felt unusually stoic. The only time I previously recall feeling such a way was during the penalty shoot-out that concluded the 2022 FA Cup Final. I was in a packed Cheers bar and suddenly had this realisation: they're on the other side of the world, they can't hear me, Liverpool were winning trophies and penalty shoot-outs before I was even born so clearly how I feel or how much I want (insert LFC player) to score it or for (insert Chelsea player) to miss or have Allison save it is irrelevant. All I can do is watch and what will be, will be. Worrying about this is pointless.

That game finished in LFC's favour, but it could've gone the other way just as easily. So during last nights' game, despite my feelings about Australia's Shame, I'm watching after we go down 1-0 and I'm standing there thinking all the games between these two have been tight, low-scoring affairs this season and we were lucky with the win in Melbourne. There was a chance and Geria took it - as you'd expect to - and it paid off for them. Been the story of this season against the Victory and it could be the GF now too. No shame in coming up short this time, we've had a great season considering. I thought of the hypothetical Grand Final scenario I spoke of earlier too, thinking Well, if it WAS ever going to turn out like that, this is what the 'Before' scenario would look like so maybe it's not over yet, despite how the game has gone up until now...Beyond just making a conscious effort to help keep the noise going in Bay 16 so we finished on a high, I knew there was nothing I could do about the game itself but watch. I was indifferent as that.

When Edmo scored if anything I felt happy for the casual fans who came - and my parents who were at their first game since the 2018 NYE disaster - that at least they got to see a CCM goal and a fight-back and we took the game to extra time at least. Messaged a SFC friend (whose wedding I missed the prelim against Adelaide last season for) and said: Don't care from here, always want to win but that was epic and will bring a whole lot back next season.

When MDP slotted in the cross it was funny - I was up standing on the seat waving my scarf with all these youths around me jumping about going crazy and I'm trying to stay upright, but feel myself buckling under the surging mass of bodies, until I realised yeah I can't stop this and went under with the crush. I was lying on the concrete flat on my back beneath the seats, looking directly up at the night sky with all these people above me, guys too young to get a beer with their shirts off jumping about, heads yelling YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!! and going mental. It was surreal and funny and for some reason their expressions made me think of those memes of dogs making funny expressions, and how meme-able some of the yelling faces above were. I don't know how long I was actually lying down there on the concrete for, but it was long enough to consider trying to grab my phone out of my pocket so I could snap some funny yelling face shots from my vantage point. But then some kid - probably no older than 14 - reached down and helped pull me back up to my feet. I continued singing and clapping and by that stage it felt like we had the momentum (physically and emotionally) to go on and win it. But again, all i could do was sing and clap.

When Edmo scored the 3rd then it was time to celebrate and I was messaging friends who support other teams saying how great it was to rip their hearts out like that and f**k the Victory etc. Was so grateful (again) my parents got to see a game like this and that Gosford got a home GF like this and it all came against an opponent I've wanted to beat in a GF for 15 years. All coming together at once.

Then there was the impromptu pitch invasion, that'll be part of Mariners and Central Coast folklore for the next 75 years - as long as anybody who remembers it and was there is alive to recall it. So many people who weren't there last night will wish they could've been - and we got to experience it first-hand. Also brilliant was gesturing to the away bay en masse showing them we are #1. This was before I heard about them slashing tyres. Amazing how much more accommodating police and security are when you don't throw buckets or flares at people and leave the pitch in an orderly fashion, isn't it?

Ended up back at Drifters' into the early hours, got my hands on the actual toilet seat and let the whole nights' events sink in. That feeling of relief when you've won a Grand Final at home against Australia's Shame AND completed the treble.

Went to the presentation at Erina Fair this time and glad I did, just to get that feeling of closure (even if I saw all the boys with their medals/ trophies last night) and also to hear the official word from Richard on Danny's behalf. The fact Danny got Richard to make the announcement instead of doing it himself, and the way Danny dipped his head when Richard confirmed what many of us already suspected, was probably the most emotional moment of the previous 24 hours.

@priorpeter I assume after last night you've vowed to never drink again, @Josho Howe go and talk all the shit you want about Poppa on all of the socials, the rest of you?

There was the NYE match where the goalposts down one end collapsed, causing the match to be delayed by 45 minutes while they installed new posts, by which time at least half the crowd (including my party) decided they’d rather leave to go watch the fireworks on Gosford waterfront…

There was having to hear people say we shouldn’t be in the competition or relocate to North Sydney or Canberra because we were a dead-weight in the competition…

Then, thanks to a few people (Alan Stajic, Nick Montgomery, Richard Peil, Mark Jackson and a number of others) we turned from doubters to believers-

Then the last 12 months manifested. Last night was truly something special, probably the biggest night Gosford has seen since I moved to the Coast on my 7th birthday (it had nothing to do with that- Mum and Dad didn’t decide to move us to the Central Coast because I wanted it for for a birthday present)…

But- remembering so clearly the past 5 years of this club, makes the last 12 months even more special.

And the previous 45 minutes of the game last night, made what came next even more special…

Well done and thank you to everyone who played some part not just in the previous 12 months, but last night.

You’re heaps good!
Bosnic and Rudan both demanded we be booted out.
Then (allegedly) Rudan applied to be the coach.
Yeah right

nl.ryan

You’re heaps good!
Great recount of not only last night but our years of well, heartache. Times were tough and the turnaround that began with Staj and has continued to last night and the euphoria that it engendered. It was indeed something special.

Michael

Disgraceful they brought knives to a game.
Hardly surprising though isn’t it? And if the police did actually properly check the victory support upon entry (given their history) like they would’ve wanted too, that shit would’ve been found. Probably would’ve been accused of gentrification though lol

Us winning and the away bays clearing out earlyish was a blessing. I predicted crowd trouble from them inside or outside the stadium. And I was expecting some smashed windows on their way out of Gosford. Thankfully it was just 1-2 getting rag dolled by the cops after the 3rd goal.

There was 1 rogue victory fan in my bay that attempted to sing their songs but was quickly shut down by one of our guys who “politely” asked him to “shut the f**k up c**t”

LFCMariners

Bosnic and Rudan both demanded we be booted out.
Then (allegedly) Rudan applied to be the coach.
Yeah right
✅ 3-0 against the Scum, and retain The Concrete- possibly forever
✅ A-League Premiers
✅ AFC Champions
✅ A-League Champions, at Gosford, in front of a record crowd, coming from behind to snatch a draw with Australia's Shame and then do them in Extra Time
✅ Impromptu pitch-invasion where nobody got hurt and we got to show their *alleged* tyre-slashing, *alleged* knife-throwing, *confirmed* dickhead ultra wannabe JD Sport peacocking fanbase what we think of them
✅ A- League Access All Areas is going to have another special Grand Final edition coming this week
✅ Onion TV have been filming the past two seasons
✅ Rudan sacked

As a CCM fan, i would cite all of the above as a case for the argument that men CAN have multiple orgasms...

Spacks

✅ 3-0 against the Scum, and retain The Concrete- possibly forever
✅ A-League Premiers
✅ AFC Champions
✅ A-League Champions, at Gosford, in front of a record crowd, coming from behind to snatch a draw with Australia's Shame and then do them in Extra Time
✅ Impromptu pitch-invasion where nobody got hurt and we got to show their *alleged* tyre-slashing, *alleged* knife-throwing, *confirmed* dickhead ultra wannabe JD Sport peacocking fanbase what we think of them
✅ A- League Access All Areas is going to have another special Grand Final edition coming this week
✅ Onion TV have been filming the past two seasons
✅ Rudan sacked

As a CCM fan, i would cite all of the above as a case for the argument that men CAN have multiple orgasms...
giphy.gif

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred