• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

ALM - CCM v MC$

Big Al

Gutsy robbery.

Was good seeing Jacko change the setup halfway through the first half. While we were pretty set defensively we had no one to outlet to and were forced back as no one to pass to because we weee to deep. (Was a worry mossy didn’t notice)

I thought Alou and Theo put the effort on that has been missing last two games. Congratulations Theo for earning the penalty off effort.

Fancy Kaltak having his worst game (still decent) against City and we still win.

Still to many having bad games but we found a way.

I think we have been exceptional this season at grabbing the big moments and scoring those goals like tonight or Torres last time against City late.

Now we can relax a bit more and get back on the groove

FFC Mariner

We had no out in 1st half as we played Edmo.
Nice guy, tries hard but technically not up to this level.
Reec is a better #9 and he wouldn't start in any top 6 side as he is young and raw but he still holds the ball up better.
Reminds me of a young Matt Simon
Being lower UK league, Edmo is 442, big man little man rubbish.
Game has moved on, especially in Australia as its far more technical

Stuartmcateer

Are we officially writing Edmo off?
I wouldn't. He has shown that with service he could be effective. That finish against the cow pats was quality - Reec or alou can't score that. (Notice doka played him in early and to space).

Maybe we can get guys to actually pass to him when he makes the runs rather than shooting from stupid angles (Torres I'm looking at you) or waiting until the defence has regrouped around him.

Big Dog

It wasn't pretty but how pretty it was to score a late winner an it being Max. The run he made from midfield to receive that ball needs mentioning. Both he and Niz driving forward in the 93rd minute after slogging it out for the whole game speaks volumes for them both.
During the game I pondered whether we can win this comp again all things considered, the depth of our squad, seeing City bring their stars off the bench, our lack of strike power the last two games, and having played some 15 more games than most of our competitors this season, and yet we find a way to win this game.
This is a gutsy team and Jacko and his staff must be given huge credit. If we can finish top two we are a good chance. Big four weeks ahead.

nl.ryan

Just got back from the game. Good to see Sydmariner with the shirt off after the penalty. I was just in front of the TV cameras and could still see you working and twerking from the prawn sandwich seats. :)

We committed a smash and grab raid tbh. City should have had 4 but Danny was immense.

Danny 3 points MOM.
Nizz 2pts
Maxy 1pt

I was fist pumping the air like a loon when Maxy scored that goal....so happy for him.

City bringing on 4 Socceroos in the 2nd half was crazy and still they couldn't finish us. We are gutsy as hell.
Their subs scared the bejeezus out of me at first, given the way things weren’t really gelling for us but it didn’t take long for me to forget all about them as we came home strong 💪

Tevor

Their subs scared the bejeezus out of me at first, given the way things weren’t really gelling for us but it didn’t take long for me to forget all about them as we came home strong 💪
Agree, when I looked at their bench I thought we were gone. But then when I think of it, Jeggo is washed up and too old and slow for this league now. Leckie has hardly played this season and is a shadow of this former self. Mac Tappy is already looking at properties in Auckland and Tilio couldn't make it in Scotland and is good for one or two full length of the field runs and goals and he already has one.

Did anyone notice at the end of the match Jeggo was storming off the pitch by himslef only for Mr personality himself Jamieson to abuse him and told him to get back out on the field with the other players. It was gold when he turned around and walked back on the field with his head down.

FFC Mariner

Agree, when I looked at their bench I thought we were gone. But then when I think of it, Jeggo is washed up and too old and slow for this league now. Leckie has hardly played this season and is a shadow of this former self. Mac Tappy is already looking at properties in Auckland and Tilio couldn't make it in Scotland and is good for one or two full length of the field runs and goals and he already has one.

Did anyone notice at the end of the match Jeggo was storming off the pitch by himslef only for Mr personality himself Jamieson to abuse him and told him to get back out on the field with the other players. It was gold when he turned around and walked back on the field with his head down.
Jamieson probably needed him on the pitch in case Bernal went after him again. He has backed down twice now and maybe needed Jeggo to help him?

Big Al

We had no out in 1st half as we played Edmo.
Nice guy, tries hard but technically not up to this level.
Reec is a better #9 and he wouldn't start in any top 6 side as he is young and raw but he still holds the ball up better.
Reminds me of a young Matt Simon
Being lower UK league, Edmo is 442, big man little man rubbish.
Game has moved on, especially in Australia as its far more technical
So you’re saying he should take our next penalty and go on a goal scoring run.

Saw him pass to Torres when they broke down the left and i said thst was dumb he wouldn’t pass it to you - with your comments well in my head.

Torres passes to Niz and Doka and that’s it.

Big Al

I wouldn't. He has shown that with service he could be effective. That finish against the cow pats was quality - Reec or alou can't score that. (Notice doka played him in early and to space).

Maybe we can get guys to actually pass to him when he makes the runs rather than shooting from stupid angles (Torres I'm looking at you) or waiting until the defence has regrouped around him.
Max got a ball just inside there half and turned into a lot of space but by the time he took two extra dribbles and lifted his head as approached the box Ed had already made the run and come back again.

Max has to learn to have his head up quicker and put the ball into space like Niz does.

If max can improve his defense splitting passes he can go to the next level like Niz.

Doka is the only one looking for Ed. Ed makes runs early looking for a timed pass but not many are looking for it. Asian games is about the only time they have tried it with him and success was had. The extra time of the poor opponent suited our ball players and his runs

turbo

Yep, defenders are quickly figuring out how to deal with him
I dont think thats it, at least primarily. He just isn't being as aggressive and trying to beat his man. Maybe it's an injury, maybe it's mental or confidence but he's not looking like he did earlier when in form..

booney

Theo did work hard last night and helped keep a rein on Tilio when he switched to the LW.He won the pen with good pressing though in knocking Fernandes over appeared to trip over the latter's legs and therefore I though the pen decision was a bit tough.However it came only minutes after their goal and when Torres put it away we were in with a shout.

I thought Torres started to take opponents on as he did during his purple patch and if he is injury free he could be the player we need for the finals as Beni turned out last season

pjennings

Theo did work hard last night and helped keep a rein on Tilio when he switched to the LW.He won the pen with good pressing though in knocking Fernandes over appeared to trip over the latter's legs and therefore I though the pen decision was a bit tough.However it came only minutes after their goal and when Torres put it away we were in with a shout.

I thought Torres started to take opponents on as he did during his purple patch and if he is injury free he could be the player we need for the finals as Beni turned out last season

Yes - there were glimpses - but we need more over the next couple of months.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred