• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

ALM - CCM v MC$

Ironbark

In the first half we set up in a way that didn't help many players who were deemed to have a 'poor' game.

The midfield couldn't get through to the front third in the first half - which was not Edmo's fault. He's a good player but that set up sucked for a striker. By half time we needed the energy of a sub to go with the change in formation

Corsair

I think he has a Travis Major aura.
Tries hard. Not AL.
Hope he proves me wrong but when you are being outshone by a kid it's a worry.
Outshone by a kid? Jing is 20, Edmo is only 22 and arrived in a foreign land 3 months ago, he's playing with a jealous greedy f**ker who won't pass to him. I think he's used to a faster paced game and is still adjusting, he makes some fantastic runs that are never found. Give him a break.

Big Dog

In the first half we set up in a way that didn't help many players who were deemed to have a 'poor' game.

The midfield couldn't get through to the front third in the first half - which was not Edmo's fault. He's a good player but that set up sucked for a striker. By half time we needed the energy of a sub to go with the change in formation
Agreed. First half setup with him being a lone striker and Di Pizio and Torres just in behind. He was asked to lead the press and worked his socks off defensively but was left isolated in attack when City's possession advantage drew his support away from him. We usually play with two 6's and two 10's but wondered if we would have been better served with a 4-2-3-1 playing Edmo up front

Michael

Outshone by a kid? Jing is 20, Edmo is only 22 and arrived in a foreign land 3 months ago, he's playing with a jealous greedy f**ker who won't pass to him. I think he's used to a faster paced game and is still adjusting, he makes some fantastic runs that are never found. Give him a break.
1000% agree with this.
He is taking a little longer than expected to start scoring regularly but that doesn’t mean he hasn’t played well regularly. None of our genuine strikers score regularly. He’s a good team player and as you said makes great off ball runs that haven’t been found yet.

Michael

I thought Jacko showed his tactical genius lastnight. The 5-4-1 first half set up was smart, he knew they’d come at us hard and hoped to hit on the counter. Then the change 2nd half once he realised we could deal with all of their threats easily for the most part. We were a little clunky in attack and counter attack, it wasn’t our best technical performance but yet again what’s that saying about champion teams winning whilst not being at their best?
I’m going to single out theo for his immense impact 2nd half, won the pen, worked his socks off for the team and showed quality on the ball and a f**k load of passion for the club. Maxy’s goal was reminiscent of a Stevie G/Lampard late winner, what a player he is. Also huge shout out for the king Vuka, to pull off those reaction saves at 39 with the sorest of old man body’s is insane. Anyway, what a f**king win. I can’t wait for this weekend. Hopefully a massive crowd for the boys, I feel a statement win is coming.

Corsair

Ref got wise to Theo constantly falling over pretty quick. The superman on the pen got a good laugh though.

Tevor

The defender clamped down on Theo's leg with both of his. It was a deliberate and stupid action.
Agree, they didn’t blow up that much either. They blow up more when Reis injured himself fouling Jing and they had no more subs. Couldn’t believe when they were arguing about a goal because they had an injured player.

some guy

I thought Jacko showed his tactical genius lastnight. The 5-4-1 first half set up was smart, he knew they’d come at us hard and hoped to hit on the counter. Then the change 2nd half once he realised we could deal with all of their threats easily for the most part. We were a little clunky in attack and counter attack, it wasn’t our best technical performance but yet again what’s that saying about champion teams winning whilst not being at their best?
Agree for the most part but do not think the 5-4-1 worked well at all (and Jacko admitted as much post game). It didn’t suit the available players and it was pure luck (and great saves from Vuka) that stopped us from being 2-3 goals down at halftime. Unlike last time we tried it v Victory, it invited City to control the match, but we had minimal joy on the counter and coughed up heaps of very threatening chances.

I do think Jacko did well to recognise it wasn’t working and make the changes he did to correct things asap.

Tevor

Ref got wise to Theo constantly falling over pretty quick. The superman on the pen got a good laugh though.
Yeah after the Pen he was looking for any contact. He is a beast and should just keep running so they really have to foul him or he gets past them. It’s a bit frustrating.

Hello Sailor

Did anyone notice at the end of the match Jeggo was storming off the pitch by himslef only for Mr personality himself Jamieson to abuse him and told him to get back out on the field with the other players. It was gold when he turned around and walked back on the field with his head down.
Is this the same bloke who sulked when we gave them a hiding in the GF and told his coach to "Get f**ked" when asked to sub on? What a Vibe manager he is. lol

Ancient Mariner

I tend to agree with Wombat on Edmo. I am definitely not writing him off, but I am not going to defend him like I did Torres and Doka.

He knows where the back of the net is (massively important) and he makes good runs off the shoulder. I think he needs a #10 who understands him. Something like the partnership between Arrena and Simmo.

At the moment he is playing half a game and sharing with two other strikers that the team is more familiar with. Time needed for understanding and timing. I look forward to watching him develop.

A project that will come to fruition next year, after a full pre season and with a new #10 and possibly winger/s.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred