• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

All whites

Sym

serious14 said:
dru said:
serious14 said:
Is their qualifier against Bahrain on TV there anywhere??  (so I can find a stream etc.  :tv:)
http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=51972&part=sports

*thumbs up*

4.30pm here - will stream whilst Russia belt the living f*ck out of Germany on Sky.

Then to laugh at Argentina later on.  ;)

Sym said:
Your predictions
are wrong
: )

Symbahh 1, Serial 0

the J Man

dru said:
serious14 said:
Is their qualifier against Bahrain on TV there anywhere??  (so I can find a stream etc.  :tv:)
http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=51972&part=sports

hay dude thanks for the tip

i use this sometimes

http://www.rojadirecta.com/

RADINHO

eagerly anticipating the game tomorrow, having NZ and AUS represented in the WC together will be a huge boost for the A-League  :thumbup:

Kareem

yea but Bahrain= huge boost for AFC
Unless someone is upset they arent going to the world cup and their neighbours are :p

Arabmariner

FFC Mariner said:
If Wee Mac goes to the WC and gets noticed, our chances of keeping him are about zero.
I'd be prepared to bet right now that unless he's marquee next season he won't be here.

serious14

Part in bold reminds me of some hijinx in Sydney town before the '05 Uruguay game.  ;D

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10609055

Vacant hotel rooms in Wellington right now are as scarce as New Zealand's appearances in World Cup soccer finals.

The one or two rooms remaining will set you back a cool $800 for the night.

It's all quite incredible when you think about it.

This weekend in Milan, home to two of Europe's great football sides, people are going rugby mad and 80,000 will cram into the San Siro to watch the All Blacks take on Italy.

At the same time, Wellington, one of the staunchest rugby cities in the country, is abuzz with football and the All Whites' high-stakes World Cup playoff with Bahrain.

Wellington is ready for it, and they can't wait. More than 35,000 will squeeze into the Cake Tin on Saturday night for what will be the biggest crowd for a football match in this country.

If it could hold 50,000, those extra tickets might have sold as well because even the likes of Olympic gold medallist Hamish Carter was asking around this week if he could get his hands on a ticket while the nefarious types on Trade Me are trying to cash in on other's desperation.

Banners with New Zealand Football's 'one shot at glory' slogan adorn the streets. Sports shops have All Whites merchandise front and centre and one shop is totally dedicated to selling New Zealand football paraphernalia while playing the cheesy anthem in the background.

Hotels are booked up. Enquiries yesterday found two rooms available in the city - one had a $650 asking price and the other was going for $800 - while some fans plan to arrive in the city late tomorrow afternoon and party (or drown their sorrows) all night negating the need for a hotel bed.

Even Wellington's local paper, The Dominion, got into the act with a football wraparound containing chants and gameday information and the entire back page of the sports section was devoted to the match. Wellington seems to have forgotten the All Blacks are playing a test.

The Dominion even mischievously printed the name of the hotel the Bahrain team are staying at and suggested readers use that information in whichever way they chose (English tabloid The Sun famously hired an oompah band to play continuously outside the hotel of the German team before their World Cup qualifier with England in 2001). Bahrain are staying at the five-star InterContinental, by the way, in Grey St, near the base of the cable car.

Any disruption would round off an already disturbed buildup for the visitors. Their 44-strong entourage have jetted into town late yesterday and almost immediately they ran into issues. Firstly, the were unable to unload their luggage for an hour after landing because it was too big, they then ran into a traffic jam trying to get to the hotel and it was doubtful they trained as planned last night as their baggage played catchup.

They also won't enjoy the southerly blast complete with a hailstorm due to hit the city this afternoon.

It is gearing up to be a memorable weekend. It's just up to the All Whites to make sure they will be good memories.

serious14

P.S.  Twitter is currently going apeshit with the #AllWhites trending topic - many reports of a ridiculously awesome atmosphere in Wellington, still 2 hours to kickoff.

Good to see/hear/read.

Arabmariner

These games are what it's all about.

We need the friendlys for practise but no matter who the opposition is you will never dress a friendly up into something it's not.

Real games ftw.

serious14

Arabmariner said:
We need the friendlys for practise but no matter who the opposition is you will never dress a friendly up into something it's not.

Hasn't stopped the English press re: the Brazil game tonight.  ;)

I concur re: real games though.... as fun as friendly's are to test shit out and discuss and whatever, nothing (no, really - _nothing_) compares to the feeling these sorts of games bring out in you.  Those of you who were there against Uruguay will know what I'm talking about.

And on that note - I can't quite believe how fired up I am for a game not involving Australia.  ;D

Arabmariner

I was at the Uruguay game too......I am an Aussie y'know  ;)

Same feeling as Scotland beating the Czechs in '73 (hadn't qualified for years) and it will be the same next time we qualify(haven't qualified for years)  :'(

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred