• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

All whites

T

Arabmariner said:
bulldogmariner said:
Bahrain have beaten Saudi's 2-2 on away goals. Come on NEW ZEALAND!! Come play at the World Cup. It will be great to see a Mariner there in South Africa. Go Wee Mac!
???

Forgive my ignorance but isn't the Aus-NZ relationship similar to England-Scotland etc

I thought we were meant to hate them and love to see them beaten ?

;)

In some ways it is exactly like that, except when they excell in something we claim them as Aussies ;) just like the English claim Andy Murray ;)

dibo

bulldogmariner said:
Bahrain have beaten Saudi's 2-2 on away goals. Come on NEW ZEALAND!! Come play at the World Cup. It will be great to see a Mariner there in South Africa. Go Wee Mac!

that doesn't tell the whole story. check this vid out - it's 1-1 in saudi arabia, bahrain ahead on away goals, and then it ticks over 90 minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCjPzq9T5eA

bulldogmariner

90 Minutes 90 emotions. 3 minutes 50 million emotions for Bahrain and Saudi's.
Just shows how competitive our group was and hopefully the All Whites can get a result away and play well at home.

midfielder

dibo said:
bulldogmariner said:

that doesn't tell the whole story. check this vid out - it's 1-1 in saudi arabia, bahrain ahead on away goals, and then it ticks over 90 minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCjPzq9T5eA

Passion... emotion... love the caller.... Football was the winner...

Forum Phoenix

That was just awesome.
Bahrain have showed some real quality I thought and after that, sorry, but I just can't see the all whites getting up over them.

dibo

Come on NZ!

Away leg of the qualifier is being shown on Setanta at 2.30 on Sunday morning I believe. The home leg is on a Saturday night at 5.30 our time - could be the equivalent of 16/11/05 for them!

In the long run this is great for Australian football, as it boosts media interest in the World Cup and football generally, may encourage FIFA to push a marriage between the AFC and OFC and lead to things like sparking a bid for a second (and down the track, maybe even a third) HAL team from NZ.

Kareem

u may be in the minority on this forum in your bid for more NZ teams...
on the topic of NZ- I do feel a bit more interested due to weemac...but I'm sticking with supporting Bahrain for the playoff!

Tassiemariner

I wish OFC would just join AFC so we didn't have this debate about having a team from another confederation in our league.
NZ are good enough to have at least 1 maybe 2 teams in the A-League if they are run like Wellington not NZ Knights.

Kareem

dibo said:
Kareem said:

i don't care, i know i'm right. :piralaugh:
lol i didnt say u werent :p
I dunno though...if phoenix is taking the place of a viable Canberra team- then thats wrong.
If phoenix + co were extra teams (ie. no viable Aussie teams missing out)- then YES!!! I dont like spreading out our limited talent pool (which would happen with 20 teams), but at the same time want a large league!
However at this point in time- phoenix have 7/21 players that are Kiwi...not pleasing figures to me personally!
Should be at least 50%  (mind you Toronto only have 6/21 candians).
Should this post go in A-league expansion?

and...
GO BAHRAIN! (and me back to being a minority ;) )

scottmac

Suspended
Foriegnmariner said:
I wish OFC would just join AFC so we didn't have this debate about having a team from another confederation in our league.
NZ are good enough to have at least 1 maybe 2 teams in the A-League if they are run like Wellington not NZ Knights.

Even if the two confederations unite it still leaves us with a team from another country.
dibo said:
Kareem said:

Sorry, but its a farce that we have a team from NZ and not Canberra, Tasmania, or the South Coast. The forwarding of more teams from there is laughable.

Paolo

scottmac said:
Foriegnmariner said:

Even if the two confederations unite it still leaves us with a team from another country.
dibo said:
Kareem said:

Sorry, but its a farce that we have a team from NZ and not Canberra, Tasmania, or the South Coast. The forwarding of more teams from there is laughable.
Ever heard of Cardiff or Swansea?

dibo

and what stops us from having a team from NZ *and* a team from somewhere in Oz? it's not about cutting a finite pie into a certain number of slices, it's about growing the pie!

Kareem

but there are is a enormous talent pool there...and besides- they are all Great Britain :p
I will happily welcome NZ teams in A-league if they agree to become a state of Australia!
Imagine Smeltz for national team, Moss rivalling for 3rd choice GK
WeeMac as a bolter for the 2010 world cup!
Nice to dream :p

scottmac

Suspended
Paolo said:
scottmac said:
Foriegnmariner said:

dibo said:
Kareem said:

I'm sorry, i miss the similarity between a town 230kms from London and a town 2200kms away from Sydney.

marinermick

scottmac said:
Paolo said:
scottmac said:
Foriegnmariner said:

dibo said:
Kareem said:

I'm sorry, i miss the similarity between a town 230kms from London and a town 2200kms away from Sydney.

Perth is 4000km from Sydney.

What is youtr point?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred