• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

All whites

soundsdifferent

The new zealand team..
have they made the world cup???
or just close to it??
i heard something bout it on the news but didnt catch the full story...
and there football new zealand web page isnt much help.
does anyone know??

goingtoadisco

They have to play of against the 5th place Asian team for a spot it will be against either Bahrain or Saudi Arabia.

Best of going to fifa.com for any international News.

Paolo

soundsdifferent said:
The new zealand team..
or just close to it??
does anyone know??
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=all+whites

soundsdifferent

Paolo said:
soundsdifferent said:
The new zealand team..
or just close to it??
does anyone know??
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=all+whites

haha of course i tried that..

dru

Yellow fever forums will probably also have any news

http://www.yellowfever.co.nz/forum/default.asp?C=6

hasbeen

Not quite on a par with Fatty Mac ... Smelz has scored 13 goals for the All Whites ...

Jerem

hasbeen said:
Not quite on a par with Fatty Mac ... Smelz has scored 13 goals for the All Whites ...

presumeably in the same vein that archie has the equal "record" for greatest number of goals in a match?

hasbeen

Jerome said:
hasbeen said:

presumeably in the same vein that archie has the equal "record" for greatest number of goals in a match?

As i said in an earlier post ... get a game against American Samoa lined up quick smart ... then he'll get off the mark .. (or will he?) ....

midfielder

Good move by the AW's

http://nzfootball.co.nz/plugins/newsfeed.cgi?rm=content&plugin_data_id=28579

All Whites enlist Aussie help

September 2, 2009

Raul_Blanco_Getty300AUCKLAND Former Australian national team coach Raul Blanco will join the All Whites management team as a technical advisor for a friendly against Jordan and the remainder of their FIFA World Cup qualifying campaign.

The Argentina-born Australian was at the helm of the Socceroos for two different stints in the late 1990s and was the assistant coach to both Eddie Thompson and Terry Venables for successive World Cup playoffs in 1994 and 1998.

Blanco was also in charge of the Australian side for the 2000 Sydney Olympics and had been involved with Australian U-17 and U-20 teams as assistant or head coach for seven age-group World Cups between 1981 and 1999.

He will now share that experience with All Whites coach Ricki Herbert and his assistant Brian Turner as the All Whites eye a place in the 2010 FIFA World Cup via a playoff against Bahrain or Saudi Arabia on October 10 (away) and November 14 (in Wellington).

Herbert said tapping into the wealth of experience of his long-time mentor was part of New Zealand Footballs significant effort to maximise the All Whites qualification chances.

For me its about a real openness of knowledge and saying that were not holding anything back, Herbert said.

The difference may be one percent or it may be ten per cent but its important that we cover every base with a place at the World Cup on the line.

Herbert saw Blancos involvement in two playoff campaigns in particular the heartbreaking elimination to Iran on the away-goals rule in 1994 as invaluable.

Hes felt the pressures and demands of World Cup playoffs, one of them through the Middle East like we face now, and seen the style and tactics employed. Hell be able to reflect on things hes experienced in the past and quickly pick up on things in our environment that we can improve on.

Rauls someone who very open and who will have bring no agendas to the table. Hell be very honest in appraisals and thats very important for all of us.

Hell take an overseeing role but as a conduit wholl work closely with me.

Having spent a large portion of his international coaching career trying to beat New Zealand teams in Oceania Championships and World Cup qualification, Blanco was excited about a new challenge, this time in the corner of an old foe.

We are not rivals anymore. Its a different game now as we are not competing for the same prize, Blanco said.

We had an incredible rivalry for so many years but Australia are at the World Cup already, and New Zealand has a wonderful challenge to reach South Africa as well. It will be fantastic for the game in New Zealand and the whole region.

The World Cup playoff is a huge opportunity and an extremely big challenge. Against Argentina and Iran we [Australia] didnt achieve the dream but the learning that you take away lasts forever. I look forward to sharing that with the All Whites.

Blanco will join the All Whites in camp in Amman on September 6 but his first official task will be to fly to Manama a day earlier to watch Bahrain play Saudi Arabia in the first leg of a playoff to decide who faces New Zealand in October and November. The second leg is played on September 9, the same day the All Whites take on Jordan.

The New Zealand based All Whites fly out for Jordan this Saturday.

Extra Information Raul Blanco
Born: 4 Dec 1941, Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Emigrated to Australia 1967, gained Australian citizenship 1984.

International coaching history (highlights):
Australia National Team Head coach 1996, 1998-99
Australia National Team Assistant coach 1981-84, 1990-98
Australia Olympic Team Head Coach 1996-2000
Australia Olympic Team Assistant Coach 1989-1996

Other teams coached
Australia U-20
Australia U-17 (Assistant)
West Adelaide
New South Wales
Parramatta Melita
Dock Sud (Argentina)
Canterbury (Australia)
Marconi
St George

Playing history:
Racing Club, Argentina 1958-1966
Prague Football Club, Australia 1967-72
Pan Hellenic, Australia 1973

marinermick

sumo said:
Ral Blanco? I remember him being on a par with Graham Arnold.

2000 olympics was a disaster

we were at home, had a gun team, lost to honduras and came last in our pool

Hagar the Horrible

marinermick said:
sumo said:
Ral Blanco? I remember him being on a par with Graham Arnold.

2000 olympics was a disaster

we were at home, had a gun team, lost to honduras and came last in our pool
We missed a Confederations Cup after losing to the All Whites when he was the Socceroos coach.

bulldogmariner

Bahrain have beaten Saudi's 2-2 on away goals. Come on NEW ZEALAND!! Come play at the World Cup. It will be great to see a Mariner there in South Africa. Go Wee Mac!

Arabmariner

bulldogmariner said:
Bahrain have beaten Saudi's 2-2 on away goals. Come on NEW ZEALAND!! Come play at the World Cup. It will be great to see a Mariner there in South Africa. Go Wee Mac!
???

Forgive my ignorance but isn't the Aus-NZ relationship similar to England-Scotland etc

I thought we were meant to hate them and love to see them beaten ?

;)

bulldogmariner

Arabmariner said:
bulldogmariner said:
???

Forgive my ignorance but isn't the Aus-NZ relationship similar to England-Scotland etc

I thought we were meant to hate them and love to see them beaten ?

;)
Only when we play them. Otherwise it is great to see little brother do well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred