• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

AFC Champions League 2013

Big Al

WELL....nil all would be my dream result..give us some steam on their home game..I think giving them a touch ups sorta out of the question...it would be nice

Nil all would be fantastic. All it would take is one piece of brilliance on the break like the Suwon game & bam that away goal could be enough.

A good showing at home will make up for the disappointment of getting cleaned up last game to when we were in party mode.

If we make it to the next round it will sort of be forgotten anyway due to the next round not being till Aug I think because of the world cup qualifiers over June & some sort of offseason in July - Which is a shame as really that's preseason time & maybe a new team or at least a couple of changes by then - Hence Patty hanging them after these two games no matter what the result.

snoa

Hope ADP the snitch was talking about their Bluetongue lashing - Even though he was to scarred to play.

Looks like we should set up a little beach at the scoreboard end so there players stop playing & want to have a lie down.
I saw two of the Guangzhou Evergrande players/staff checking out real estate agent windows in Terrigal around midnight last night. Perhaps they were looking for a place to spend a weeks play money.

Big Al

Went to Ticketek for a squiz to see what's going on

Away supporters - Bay 32 (closest to the water) Row Q - So presume pretty full in there section

Premium seats - says limited availability (3bays only on western side top of stands)

Gold - Bay 5 front row - Row A - Bay next to half way - Tried 10tickets just for interest - You can have row c Bay 5 (western side)

you can get 10 in the YA as well row D.

Not sure opening the whole stadium is going to be the right decision

AuzDutchy

Thought we played very well considering the money on show, I thought Pedj was shocking all night, and Anderson definitely is a cheap sainsbury but did ok when called upon, I feel duke gets figured out to easily and then gets out marked.

What happenes to the mega megaphone? Barely heard it!!! Crank it up guys!

FFC Mariner

Pedj and Rosey were, to be blunt, dreadful.

Apart from that,we kept place with a side that was absolute quality, that pressing game was immense.

Duke was my MoM, absolute blinder.

Ollie needs to start somewhere, adds so much when he comes on

Wombat

Good game.

I enjoyed it and we were slightly the better side but our lack of quality in the final third bit us in the arse.

We started off on fire and played great Football for the first 20 minutes.

The atmosphere was decent and it was a great turn up for ACL game. Pretty cool to get Asian food at the food outlet near the away section!

Ref and linesmen were jokes.

One thing that annoyed me tonight (not for the first time this season)was seeing Hutcho and Monty standing on the half way line when we are attacking their box. Fine when we are 2 nil up but stupid when we are chasing an equaliser.
Monty is a better player than Hutcho so let him play DM and Bozza AM and then not everything has to come via the flanks.

Ryan 7.5. some great stops.
Pedj 6. Sloppy.
Rose 6. Sloppy.
Dutchy 7.5 reaked of quality
Ando 7. Pretty decent game.
Bernie 7.5. I was very impressed but some with me weren't.
Hutcho 6. Not in top form.
Monty 7.5. Good game.
Weemac 7. A handful as usual but didn't really produce.
Macca 7. Did some great stuff but season 7 standard in the box.
Duke 7.5. A handful but left isolated.

bozza and fitzy looked handy.

No stand outs but Monty, Duke, Bernie, duchy and Ryan were good.

FFC Mariner

Bernie seemed isolated for large parts of the game.

Having to drop back to cover for Pedj didn't help.

As someone said, Pedj was so shit you can see how he will fit in for Sydney.

AuzDutchy

Maybe Maybe Pedj needs to worry less about his silly shirts and hats clothing line and more on training, on his day hes the beat RB in the country, but his good days have been few n far inbetween lately

rbakersmith

It was definitely a great game, and we showed that you don't need to spend big bucks to get quality players. Ryan in particular was amazing - those were some unbelievable saves that he pulled off.

I have to wonder if the linesman on the western side got his Rogaine and eye drops mixed up - there were some real howlers.

The odds of us getting through now would have to be pretty slim, but even so I'm proud of what the boys have managed to achieve this season and hopefully we can back it up in a few month's time...

Forum Phoenix

I thought all in all it was a very good performance. But someone surely spiked Pedj's gatorade.

Great support for our opposition. SFC should sign a couple of Chinese internationals, do wonders for their crowds. Heh, maybe we should...

Anyhow, they have some real quality out there. And just a bit too much for us at present to be fair, but I'm incredibly proud as we are clearly playing the best football of any Australian side to date. I don't mean this at all in a snarky sense, but in playing one of the powerhouses of Asia, we actually look like we deserve to be there.
GA has done a truly outstanding job. If we'd kept Rogic or Perez, or could replace with similar quality? Boy. Perhaps next season add a marquee striker to boot?
We could probably have genuine ACL title aspirations.

PP, sounded like the mega only arrived in the last ten minutes or so??

true believer

played well, done fine.

the histrionics of these guys was appalling .had the AFC any balls these guys
would be hammered with fines and suspensions .
they for all their money are a low side as is lippi a low coach.
had fifa had a backbone in 06. italy would have played the world cup final with 10 men
instead of france .for the same reasons they are now taking notice of racism.

asian supremacy is a f**k'n laughable joke . they would be cained by any top 6 a league side without their
million dollar mercenaries .that's with their ,(count it) 10 national players .

well done mariners .the afc are shit and their clubs outside japan are a lower standard then the A league
and should be given the .slight regard they have earnt

Roy Law

The Great Wall of China

The Mariners more than matched their expensive opponents for long periods of this game and could easily have come away with a draw. They played the Australian way: on the front foot, taking the game to their opponents, with professional respect not kowtowing.
Duke, who had a fantastic game, got the Mariners off to the best possible start when he touch volleyed Bernie’s intelligent floating pass beyond the Guangzhou keeper in the 7tn minute.
Bernie was unstoppable in the first half as the Mariners took the game to Guangzhou; McBreen was a handful and McGlinchey, Rose and Bojic found space out wide regularly. The Mariners attacked intelligently and confidently. McBreen should have done better when McGlinchey played him in but he pulled his shot across the face of goal. And then, after a poor pass out from the defence, Ryan, who went on to have a most impressive game, saved superbly from Barrios.
Beautiful work from Bernie on the right, a silky smooth slalom run past defenders, was undone by Pedj who had one of those nights. And then Bernie was called back for offside as the Mariners broke the line – it looked as if the lino made the wrong call against Duke not Bernie. Moments later the bounce of the ball fell kindly for Barrios as the Mariners failed to clear and he thrashed the ball past Ryan for the equaliser. A brutal example of how deadly Guangzhou could be.
The Mariners shook off the set back and showed there was nothing for them to be afraid of. Monty and Hutch were making life difficult for the hyper-expensive Conca. Rose was being played into acres of space on the left, it was a pity his ability to find a team mate in the box – and there were plenty of them – was sadly lacking, although he did bring a save from the keeper with his cross-cum-shot, which on replay looked intentional.
1-1 at half-time and the Mariners giving a very good account of themselves.
McBreen should have put them back in the lead when Zwaanswijk’s powerful pass put him clear on the left; he hit the ball hard enough but straight at the keeper. Unfortunately he was to do this twice more from good chances.
Guangzhou responded with a thrilling acrobatic overhead volley from Goa Lin (or should that be Goal In?) which Ryan tipped over the bar. What a moment of skill! And then, when the Mariners, prone occasionally to overplay the passing from defence, gave the ball away cheaply, the ball flashed dangerously across the penalty area.
The Mariners threatened next: McBreen shot wide from the edge of the area after wonderful approach play, and then had a great opportunity from Mitch Duke’s splendid reverse pass but blasted the ball instead of placing it and the keeper scrambled to save. It was to prove a costly miss.
Guangzhou were much stronger in this second half, they shut down Bernie on the right and Rose on the left. Their no.5 was a colossus in defence; a human version of the Great Wall of China. It was no surprise when the Mariners’ defence was blown wide open for the impressive Muriqui to comfortably beat Ryan for their second.
The scoreline almost became embarrassing but the post and Ryan somehow got the ball to safety and then McBreen again hit the ball straight at the keeper after good build up play.
Rose had a half chance blocked, Guangzhou headed straight at Ryan and the young keeper stood up magnificently to deny Muriqui when he was through one-on-one. Duke connected well with a chance in the box but just too close to the keeper and yet again Ryan came to the Mariners’ rescue.
It was an action packed finale, the Mariners had given their all, had done the Central Coast and Australia proud, but having all but closed the monetary gap for most of the game it has to be conceded that at crucial moments the difference in quality showed.

Mat Ryan gets MoM for keeping the Mariners in it at crucial times but Mitchell Duke’s non-stop intelligent play ran him very close.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred