• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Adelaide away - Mauk's last game in Oz

Kilsin

Who gives a f**k if that prick is gay or not....he stooged us again with a BLATANT free kick on the edge of the box.....amazingly not given....Cy looses the ball and somehow we lose another game in extra time.
In my defence, I posted this way before the game mate.

I am genuinely curious how it is ironic...I don't know or care if he is gay but yes he made a couple of bad calls against us and I'm sick of seeing it happen, continually.

Kilsin

We are decent. our defensive structure is a bit shitty but we are competitive......ref doesnt stooge us out of a blatant free kick on the edge of the Adelaide box and Cy doesn't lose a ball he didnt need to and we draw.
Its a game of fine margins.
As much as I hate the shitty refs decisions I also kind of wish we could win games without it coming down to the wire and relying on a decision or two. City game aside (that was just f**king horrendous officiating) we should be putting goals away with the strike and creative force that we have...

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
after much disturbed sleepage, I have come to the conclusion that Kye needs some old heads up the back with him , don’t get me wrong , I like Dan hall but his clearly switching off when extra time hits and as for Farrell , his going for some kind of yellow card collection record , if he was 26 or 30 there’d be a collective yell of “sell him, his a f**king detriment “ we had 3 games postponed and his one card away from his second game on the plank …I’d be very surprised if the #MontyOut tweets don’t start shortly , not from me , but it’s gonna start somewhere …
ANYWAY…my MOM was Benny”The Baby Giraffe” N’Klolo
????????

TC Redline

Another rotten night sleep after a Mariners game... On reflection yes there were a few bad decisions and not sure why the linesman didn’t see Miller‘s legs being taken out if the ref couldn’t. Muller being kneed on the ground is a touch unlucky and the Adelaide player did try to get around him and it wasn’t like he did a 2 footed stomp on him and then Hall being fouled in the box for the first goal but in a goalmouth scramble you can usually find 3 or four subjective fouls either way so overall I’m not blaming this result on the ref.

Benni who in my mind was our best should have scored when he wiggles his way through the box to put us up 2-1 and then the narrow rubbish defending for the last goal where all our players just all basically stand together in the 18 yard box without marking or without making a challenge on a really innocuous ball drives me nuts.

We are good and a developing team but with so many youngsters, we just can’t nail games with poor and or inexperienced decision making at critical times. The number of games close together is also hurting these youngsters with brain fades.

Lastly we miss Stensnesss so badly and we aren’t winning any contested headers In midfield, second effort balls or even strong challengers when the other team breaks up field. For all the positives and unexpected success of a lot of young individuals, to me this is our Achilles heel and I honestly believe with Stensness or similar size and style player , I don’t believe we would be leading the comp but I do believe we would have drawn and or won more games this year and which would have us in a top six standing on the ladder.

Anyway onto our bogey team this week at home where I can’t ever remember beating them there......

turbo

think we need 10 or 11 points in March to make the top 6. If we do get those points we will deserve to make the 6 - if we don't then the table (as teams end up having played the same number of games) doesn't lie
I’m not looking at top 6 anymore I just want to stay well clear of another spoon. Even that is looking like an uphill battle right now. Next weekend is must win and Brisbane will know it too.

Ancient Mariner

We are decent.
Its a game of fine margins.
A good post Wombat, and with these two statements you hit the nail on the head.

Last night I could I could see this but could not put my finger on what was the problem.

My thoughts are that the break and the covid infections killed our momentum and in some cases fitness. Once the momentum was gone and a couple of bad results followed, we lost our mojo and belief. A couple of last minute disasters and fear takes over. The team tenses plays cautiously, defence falls back, tiredness shows and another injury time goal happens.

Add to that we have the disruption of a quality, aggressive, loud striker. I do not mean that in a negative way, but more that it has changed how our attack has to operate and fit together, but it will take time. Before Cummings our attack was looking good without any finish. Now it has to adjust and play to fit in with him. This will take time.

Last year Urena and Matty developed an understanding. This year Urena and Moresche were fitting together well with Nizzy and Urena doing some nice stuff, but they had a full pre season to work together without pressure.

We have a squad of quality young players who are having the their confidence kicked to buggary and no time between games to regroup. This is the bad that you get with the good with such a squad.

I think with one win it can quickly turn around. It is up to the coaches to rebuild belief and the experienced players to lead.

booney

I did not think that much of Nkololo on his first few appearances but over the last two games he has come to the fore.Very humble in his post match interview.

Noah Smith did some very good things but was caught out for the winning goal .However he is quick and made two excellent runs which tore their defence apart.Farrell's propensity to pick up yellows is starting to make him a liability but he is young and determined so hard to drop him and being a local product also makes this a difficult decision.

Goddard is not physically able to withstand challenges at this level.He certainly has skills including being a very good corner taker but overall a disappointment.

Cumming is class and his takedown of the high ball and lay off to Beni was brilliant.Moresche also is disappointing-too easily dispossessed and not much football nous.

Urena is not performing as a striker -basically needs to play as number 10 and provide the link to Cummings and Beni.He does this already most of the time but when shooting needs to back himself more.

Nizzy is not the same since the Covid illness.He could play as a number 10 but his inability to score at Aleague level precludes him from playing there.Hopefully he will get back to his best and work with Ollie in the DM role.

Ancient Mariner

Beni was clear MOM. Not just his goal but he worked tirelessly all night and caused Adelaide problems. Hopefully my faith in the team turns out as my faith in him has. He has been compared to Kwassy by others here for some of his wild attempts but I am sure that if someone did that stats we would find he has a goal to attempt ratio better than our more fancied strikers.

As I said earlier our attack is not putting it together. They do need to work on combining but they need to a midfield to play to Cummings strengths. He made countless good runs last night that were not rewarded. Either they were not noticed or were unable to be served either by good defence or inanity to thread through the defence. Our wingers and full backs need to work on this. Especially our wingers who cut back inside in attack. They need to find the goal scorer. Urena's passing has been poor since the break. He is playing too deep, more as an AM and it does not suit him. A couple of times he has made good runs from deep but missed seeing wide players who were open. It was almost if he were playing with blinkers.
Nizz has not been the same player since covid. He is still one of the best on the park but is lacking that spark that made him special. The last two games he has plugged the vacant midfield and as such is not as visible nor is he as available in attack. I am convinced that he is an AM and can play his best football in that position. I have seen enough to be convinced he has the ability to knock goals in. It is just a matter of belief and confidence, which will come.
We fixed a defensive hole but lost something in attack with his move.

In defence, both Dan and and Farrel have not been the same since the break. The virus could be having a lingering effect on Dan while Jacob appears to have lost a fair bit of confidence and with that timing. A fraction of hesitation can turn a great tackle into a foul. Both are young players who hopefully can learn put bad games behind them and move on.
Miller gets 2 points and Kye 1.

marinermick

Beni was clear MOM. Not just his goal but he worked tirelessly all night and caused Adelaide problems. Hopefully my faith in the team turns out as my faith in him has. He has been compared to Kwassy by others here for some of his wild attempts but I am sure that if someone did that stats we would find he has a goal to attempt ratio better than our more fancied strikers.

As I said earlier our attack is not putting it together. They do need to work on combining but they need to a midfield to play to Cummings strengths. He made countless good runs last night that were not rewarded. Either they were not noticed or were unable to be served either by good defence or inanity to thread through the defence. Our wingers and full backs need to work on this. Especially our wingers who cut back inside in attack. They need to find the goal scorer. Urena's passing has been poor since the break. He is playing too deep, more as an AM and it does not suit him. A couple of times he has made good runs from deep but missed seeing wide players who were open. It was almost if he were playing with blinkers.
Nizz has not been the same player since covid. He is still one of the best on the park but is lacking that spark that made him special. The last two games he has plugged the vacant midfield and as such is not as visible nor is he as available in attack. I am convinced that he is an AM and can play his best football in that position. I have seen enough to be convinced he has the ability to knock goals in. It is just a matter of belief and confidence, which will come.
We fixed a defensive hole but lost something in attack with his move.

In defence, both Dan and and Farrel have not been the same since the break. The virus could be having a lingering effect on Dan while Jacob appears to have lost a fair bit of confidence and with that timing. A fraction of hesitation can turn a great tackle into a foul. Both are young players who hopefully can learn put bad games behind them and move on.
Miller gets 2 points and Kye 1.

I have the feeling that Jake is being over coached. He played with freedom early on in this season. Now he second guesses himself and plays way too many balls backwards in attacking positions, when he should be driving forward.

This is certainly a confidence issue as you stated but I think he just needs Monty to break some shackles and urge him to attack in the opposition half.

Insertnamehere

I think Urena is the Ronaldo of the Mariners.
Does he get in the way.
Does he give away more than he gives.

I feel we had more flow and better mix with Teskenis and Hatch adding value.

Muller, Urena and Cummings on at same time is too much of lack of legs.

We need to pull the team forwards from the front.
Disagree about Urena. I watched him make massive runs in the citeh game that even the fresh kids weren't making. He has huge heart.

But he doesn't have a combination with CD or NM

CD can also make huge runs when he needs to. But neither are the Windmill of Woy Woy

turbo

At first I thought Dan was to blame for their second but having seen it back on socials we didn’t have a left back at all. Irankunda was completely unmarked. Closest looked to be maybe Olly who almost pounced on the layoff but did a great Kruse impression looking for someone to blame when it went in.
There was a clear 1 man advantage in that space and that’s without Olly (again I think it’s him) and Cy not actually being on a man when the cross is delivered. Someone needs to find their voice in the backs and start directing.

Ironbark

It's the same problem for the last several games: weakness in midfield.

Due to this
-Oppositions high press us and we can't control the game.
-Our defense is under constant pressure, are spread and can't defend as a block: leaky.
-Our attack is overrun and poorly connected by the time they get the ball to the front third.

Ollie has been doing it all in the mids and it's easy for teams to target this and control the midfield.

Add to this the number of goals we've let in from set pieces - way too many.

Monty is a defensive mid by trade. All of these issues are where he needs to shine tactically.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred