• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

"A New Hope"? (Episode iv)

Ancient Mariner

I suspect that if he were able, the licence would have been sold to Canberra, Southern Expansion or South Melbourne he would have in the last 12 months. Any one of those bids would have coughed up the approx $15m he would accept.
However I suspect that the terms of the licence is that it stay on the Coast.

As I have pointed out previously it would not be in the best interests of the controlling body to allow him to sell it away from the Coast, whether it be the FFA or the new controlling body of an independent League.

So what are we left with?

Shaun says that Charlesworth is the only thing keeping CCM on the Coast. He is correct, in a way. Without Charlesworth at the moment the Club folds. I doubt that he will walk away from his investment in the licence let alone the COE which I suspect he would give away if he could sell the licence for $15m.
The other option is that he finds a buyer for the CENTRAL COAST mariners. I am sure he could at the moment but would not accept the pittance that would be all anyone would be offer at present.
He has two options.
1) Invest heavily and become a real owner, or
2) What I think he will do, which is to continue to try to make the Club a viable option, but with the minimum amount of spend.

At present these are the only options unless you believe in a very rich idiot Santa Claus who will fork out $15m for the current Central Coast Mariners.

He almost pulled off option 2 with Okon who got good recruitment but could not coach. Unfortunately with Mulvey he was "sold a pup" big time.

The appointment of the new manager is vital to CCM's survival and MC's money. It has been got wrong 4 times now. Hopefully the powers that be have learnt a thing or two and will get it right this time.

The only other possibility is that the FFA or new controlling body resumes the licence because the Club is failing to meet its metrics.

Abusing Charlesworth and calling for him to be out is totally pointless, counterproductive and stupid, because if he listens, he may just decide that keeping the Club afloat until he can sell, is not an economically viable option and he could just cut his losses, and walk.

Whatever, the bottom line is that we are stuck with Charlesworth and he is stuck with us.
I would therefore think it is pointless and counterproductive to bite the hand that feeds us, however poorly.

Coastalraider

I suspect that if he were able, the licence would have been sold to Canberra, Southern Expansion or South Melbourne he would have in the last 12 months. Any one of those bids would have coughed up the approx $15m he would accept.

As I have pointed out previously it would not be in the best interests of the controlling body to allow him to sell it away from the Coast, whether it be the FFA or the new controlling body of an independent League.

Shaun says that Charlesworth is the only thing keeping CCM on the Coast. He is correct, in a way. Without Charlesworth at the moment the Club folds. I doubt that he will walk away from his investment in the licence let alone the COE which I suspect he would give away if he could sell the licence for $15m.
The other option is that he finds a buyer for the CENTRAL COAST mariners. I am sure he could at the moment but would not accept the pittance that would be all anyone would be offer at present.
He has two options.
2) What I think he will do, which is to continue to try to make the Club a viable option, but with the minimum amount of spend.

At present these are the only options unless you believe in a very rich idiot Santa Claus who will fork out $15m for the current Central Coast Mariners.

He almost pulled off option 2 with Okon who got good recruitment but could not coach. Unfortunately with Mulvey he was "sold a pup" big time.

The appointment of the new manager is vital to CCM's survival and MC's money. It has been got wrong 4 times now. Hopefully the powers that be have learnt a thing or two and will get it right this time.

The only other possibility is that the FFA or new controlling body resumes the licence because the Club is failing to meet its metrics.

Abusing Charlesworth and calling for him to be out is totally pointless, counterproductive and stupid, because if he listens, he may just decide that keeping the Club afloat until he can sell, is not an economically viable option and he could just cut his losses, and walk.

Whatever, the bottom line is that we are stuck with Charlesworth and he is stuck with us.
I would therefore think it is pointless and counterproductive to bite the hand that feeds us, however poorly.

Great post, but I dont think the above is an actual option - I think he would 100% get to the point that he simply wants out, but that would be the point he would sell for the pittance that is offered, not just walk away and cut losses.

Who would be interested in actually purchasing for the reduced fee would be the interesting part.

Ancient Mariner

Great post, but I dont think the above is an actual option - I think he would 100% get to the point that he simply wants out, but that would be the point he would sell for the pittance that is offered, not just walk away and cut losses.

Who would be interested in actually purchasing for the reduced fee would be the interesting part.
Yes, I do not think he will walk and I do not think he would walk due to abuse from fans.
It was just my poor writing structure that linked the two points.
What I meant to make clear was that his walking, returning the licence and cutting his losses is an option.
And then abusing, calling him names etc. is stupid because it is pointless, devalues whatever argument that you are putting forward and is not at all productive. It is definitely not an effective way of getting the powers that be to even listen to you.

FFC Mariner

All he needs to do is appoint a senior manager to oversee the football department who actually knows how to do the job.
Ideally, thats the CEO but that clearly isnt his skillset.
The scum have Lawrie and Griffiths who do know the game and are running rings round us.

MagpieMariner

[SNIP]

[SNIP]

Just like Jabba the Hutt, oops, sorry, Clive Palmer.

pjennings

Shaun in the SMH today under the guise of talking up MCs commitment to the coast is saying as he said on Saturday night that for the right offer MC would sell. It almost sounds like Shaun is spruiking the chance for people after a license to make a decent offer.

Wombat

All he needs to do is appoint a senior manager to oversee the football department who actually knows how to do the job.
Ideally, thats the CEO but that clearly isnt his skillset.
The scum have Lawrie and Griffiths who do know the game and are running rings round us.

Maybe move Shaun sideways to Marketing Manager, which appears to be his strength.

pjennings

I missed that one PJ. Only read the story above it.
https://outline.com/qPjV8e

This is the line

"That's something I just think people should be aware of – if there was a big offer from someone to purchase the licence and relocate it, there's no guarantees that wouldn't happen," Mielekamp told the Herald.

Why put that out in the paper. I'm sure people that want a license have thought of it but it really reads as "come on give us a real offer and its yours"

greenlig

This is the line

"That's something I just think people should be aware of – if there was a big offer from someone to purchase the licence and relocate it, there's no guarantees that wouldn't happen," Mielekamp told the Herald.

Why put that out in the paper. I'm sure people that want a license have thought of it but it really reads as "come on give us a real offer and its yours"
Calculated or incredibly dumb. Either way, good chance Shaun and MC are f**king us over.

turbo

Calculated or incredibly dumb. Either way, good chance Shaun and MC are f**king us over.

I’m going with calculated. Looking for a big payoff but also playing hardball regarding management rights. If MC has an offer close to his magic number he can present that to council and give the ultimatum. Then if he sells it off with approval to relocate he can put some of the blame on the council for not doing more to make the team sustainable. Unfortunately we’re the ones at risk of losing out if it goes wrong.

true believer

He has two options.

That fraudster has used us to subsidise his asset till he could get out .

Dear mike you lying c't i won't be spending a brass razo on the shit show you left us.

If any one else wants to pay for 4 platnuim memberships go for it .
I won't be getting f'ked like that again

Ancient Mariner

That fraudster has used us to subsidise his asset till he could get out .

Dear mike you lying c't i won't be spending a brass razo on the shit show you left us.

If any one else wants to pay for 4 platnuim memberships go for it .
I won't be getting f'ked like that again

Oh you poor thing. Life will be tough without the prawn sandwiches.

greenlig

For the love of PETER HIMSELF, could we get sessions like described here?? https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/waring-s-japan-torture-test-ready-to-pay-dividends-with-olyroos

“My time at Melbourne Victory was really good but it was one session a day and quite relaxed,” he said.

“It was about 45 minutes to 90 max and then after midday you had the afternoon off.

“At Cerezo it’s two or three sessions every single day. You’re at the club from 8.30 in the morning and you get home at 5pm.

“During pre-season we trained at 6.45am, 9.30am and 3.30pm. The early session was a 7 kilometre cross country run.

“Then a conditioning session involving short sprints and later in the day a technical session.”

Eat, sleep, repeat - welcome to fitness conditioning, Cerezo-style. A far cry from Victory, with Dutch winger Leroy George famously describing his time there as more holiday camp than boot camp.

“It was hell during pre-season but when you come out of it and play actual games it almost feels relaxed,” added Waring.

“Back in Australia after a game I felt absolutely stuffed but in Japan after a match it just feels like a normal session."

Forum Phoenix

. well, what Shaun said pre-match was that Sporting Director responsibilities had fallen back to him with Phelan absent (similar to when Storrie left)

... bit of a mixed message there - as he said Phelan was still in regular contact

I’ve heard Phelan was telling everyone what to do re players still.

Enormous respect for Phelan. But running things by remote while you work another job is a truly terrible idea.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred