• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

"A New Hope"? (Episode iv)

Ancient Mariner

Episode 1 (Walmsley for Moss)
Episode 2 (Okon)
Episode 3 ( Magic Mike from the dark side)
Episode 4 ??????

Ok, the first step in the healing, renewing, rebirthing, rebuilding, saving the Club, has begun. Episode

The pretender has gone. There is a need for other changes as well.

First of I would like to see the Club make an immediate offer to Tommy, as mentioned in another thread,. (healing with fans if nothing else).

Second. Anyone who has signed with another Club trains by themselves for the rest of the season and gets zero game time. (rebuilding some respect).

Just a few obvious suggestions. I am sure there are more.

Kalvin

Players train for more than 1.5 hours a day!
Team achieves a clean sheet for the first time in years!

turbo

Second. Anyone who has signed with another Club trains by themselves for the rest of the season and gets zero game time. (rebuilding some respect).

I agree with this one in principle but it shouldn’t be universally applied. There’s competition for Millar’s spot and he’s been here 1 season before signing without prompting us for an offer, I’m ok with him sitting out the season. But if you look at Aspro there isn’t competition for his spot, chucking a youth player straight in won’t benefit anyone, maybe look for minutes off the bench. Pain has been here a long time, should we begrudge him a move after years with us? ONeill wants to go back to the UK, do we not play him too? The Sheffield loanees?
We should be giving some of the players from last night more of an opportunity but another touch up like that doesn’t help their development so some tact required.

Wombat

Of the youth players, including the Sheff players.

Nisbet......did ok but nothing special at all.
Mallon.....MOM.
Graham........had a shocker. Probably bring Glassock in for him next week.
Charles....wont make the grade
Miller.....looked to have alot of potential (him and Glassock looked solid at training as well)

Ancient Mariner

I also think we need a director of football to be present for the season.

There may be some advantages to having Mike Phelan but I suspect his absence was the reason that the toxic culture under Mulvey was allowed to go on for far too long.

I think the timing (early hours of the morning) of Mulvey's termination suggest that it was his call over the phone.

In future we need someone on the ground here to make those decisions.

I also suspect that his absence is the reason for the lack of re-signings for next year and the loss of some of our better players. It appears to me he was the one with the authority and all negotiations were put on hold until he could be present.

This needs sorting.

scottmac

Suspended
I also think we need a director of football to be present for the season.

There may be some advantages to having Mike Phelan but I suspect his absence was the reason that the toxic culture under Mulvey was allowed to go on for far too long.

I think the timing (early hours of the morning) of Mulvey's termination suggest that it was his call over the phone.

In future we need someone on the ground here to make those decisions.

I also suspect that his absence is the reason for the lack of re-signings for next year and the loss of some of our better players. It appears to me he was the one with the authority and all negotiations were put on hold until he could be present.

This needs sorting.
Phelan is doing a review of our football structure is he not? Not particularly the guy who would make calls on things. That time frame suggests it was Chatsworth who made the call. Not Phelan.

scottmac

Suspended
Episode 2 (Okon)
Episode 4 ??????

Ok, the first step in the healing, renewing, rebirthing, rebuilding, saving the Club, has begun. Episode

First of I would like to see the Club make an immediate offer to Tommy, as mentioned in another thread,. (healing with fans if nothing else).

On Tommy id like a decision made based on football not if the fans want it or not. FFS people wanted Monty named as assistant and even were vocal about it at the MC question and answer and look how that worked out.

Ancient Mariner

I do not know what Phelan is doing now that he has the assistant's role at Man. U., but he is our director of football still and am pretty sure that no one in Australia had the authority to sack Mulvey.
It may have been Charlesworth, but I suspect Phelan would have been involved and that Shaun had to consult them to act.

Reactions: adz

Ancient Mariner

On Tommy id like a decision made based on football not if the fans want it or not. FFS people wanted Monty named as assistant and even were vocal about it at the MC question and answer and look how that worked out.
I am not suggesting that the decision be made for any other reason than football. I think he has shown enough on the pitch to get an extension.
The bonus in signing him now, rather than the end of the season, would be good first step in getting fans back.

scottmac

Suspended
He is sporting director and was here solely to make connections for the mariners and give advice on structure from youth academy to first team. Not involved in day to day running of the team. His was to advise Chatsworth on what to invest in. Also the only person really qualified to make the call would be Shaun as he is there day in day out and can see what is actually going on.

turbo

I am not suggesting that the decision be made for any other reason than football. I think he has shown enough on the pitch to get an extension.

If the club is admitting it’s having trouble signing players then retaining one who wants to be here makes a lot of sense provided we aren’t paying over the amount we’d need to bring an equivalent player in. If we really think we can bring in a better player for the same amount then fair enough. Maybe they think Jem is that player but without a commitment it seems like a gamble.
Paying overs for fringe players like Hoole or Mcglinchey is hurting us and needs a serious rethink.

scottmac

Suspended
The bonus in signing him now, rather than the end of the season, would be good first step in getting fans back.
If he really is injured then no he hasn't shown enough. Only that he may now be a liability. I love him and he's our best player by a mile but if we make decisions on players without a coach then we just repeating the shit all over again.

pjennings

Of the youth players, including the Sheff players.

Nisbet......did ok but nothing special at all.
Mallon.....MOM.
Graham........had a shocker. Probably bring Glassock in for him next week.
Charles....wont make the grade
Miller.....looked to have alot of potential (him and Glassock looked solid at training as well)

Sorry but Nisbet also had a shocker. he made three mistakes that should have led to goals. Not throwing him under the bus but these guys need to be blooded with a good side around them. It's just sad we don't have that luxury

Tevor

The next coach is crucial and we need someone with a rep that will bring players to the club.

Pirate Pete

Episode 2 (Okon)
Episode 4 ??????

I would really like to agree with your second point. However Shaun said we're already in the bad books with some agents.
At least that's what I recall him saying.
Apart from Millar who acted like a dick I think the others should be allowed to train & be selected.
Provided they didn't act like dicks of course.
I just feel it would put us more on the outer with the agents. After Shaun said that last night I wonder if that's why we only managed to get players from the UK in January.

pjennings

I would really like to agree with your second point. However Shaun said we're already in the bad books with some agents.
At least that's what I recall him saying.
Apart from Millar who acted like a dick I think the others should be allowed to train & be selected.
Provided they didn't act like dicks of course.
I just feel it would put us more on the outer with the agents. After Shaun said that last night I wonder if that's why we only managed to get players from the UK in January.

There are a plethora of Aussies off contract in Europe at the end of the season.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
So, players I definitely want to see gone
Gameiro - wage theif
McGlinchey - he sued us FFS
Hoole - goes without saying
Pearce - See Hoole
Kennedy - see Pearce
Simon - past it
Sam Sheffield - bugger off home dummy
Melling - couldn’t pass a kidney stone
And on the coaching side Nash the Gash can’t possibly survive the forthcoming kull

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred