• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

A-League Transfers and Rumours

Tevor

Glory announce Fornaroli. That team is stacked. Already had a great season, will be premiers and possibly Champions. If they stay together next season, they will dominate again.
Have a feeling he may have learnt from that experience but time will tell. They are in for a good period you feel which is good for the HAL IMO.

Wombat

He just lost to a woeful Roar side for the 2nd loss in a week. The wheels have fallen off and i dont think he is what we need apart from the fact he is stern and can set a defence.
I'm calling pretender.

pjennings

https://www.foxsports.com.au/footba...IMHIKuoH13heasgQyW-fo1lwftfQt-9c1QUOcYzpq5WXI

Basically, Rudan is leaving Nix at the end of this season and looks like he's going to Western United.

Goddammit, he would have been perfect for us....

At SU58 he did well when they had the best squad and failed when they didn't, then when they re-invested he did well. I'm not a fan.

However, I would not be surprised that the Western United talk is a smoke screen for him taking the SWS team in the next couple of months - probably on 15/5 at their first forum.

turbo

Goddammit, he would have been perfect for us....

I dont hold it against players for going elsewhere even to our rivals but what Rudan is doing really annoys me. It's a dog move that will really hurt the nix at a time when theyre fighting for their existence. That's after them giving him his big break.

However, I would not be surprised that the Western United talk is a smoke screen for him taking the SWS team in the next couple of months - probably on 15/5 at their first forum.

That would at least be more palatable than going direct to WM where he's rumoured to be going along with the Nix keeper and Williams.

Forum Phoenix

I dont hold it against players for going elsewhere even to our rivals but what Rudan is doing really annoys me. It's a dog move that will really hurt the nix at a time when they're fighting for their existence. That's after them giving him his big break.
That would at least be more palatable than going direct to WM where he's rumoured to be going along with the Nix keeper and Williams.

Exactly. Another pure careerist. I don't expect anyone to be a saint, but give someone their big chance and his head is turned by the first pretty girl he sees. And agreeing mid season it looked, (which I'm sure impacted in them falling off the pace) and now taking key talent with you.... It's not a coach I want for my club. Arnie gutted us horribly, but no one can argue that he at least first more than 'earnt his keep' over a sustained period and showed clear connection to the coast and our club.

But coming equal 5th/6th in a ten team comp is not a spectacular achievement, it's just that for the most part the Kiwi's have been so consistently poor this year stands out. Rudan had them disciplined and spirited it's true, but so much of the attacking success was not a result of any genius team play or coaching that I saw. Krishna is equal with ALF for golden boot but makes nearly all his own goals with his pace, plus he laid on 5 assists. Then you have Singh with 5 goals and 7 assists... it was some serious attacking talent in Krishna and Singh that Rudan inherited. Their pace and style suited William's to a tee, so he was a great, albeit an obvious enough signing to make, and he's had a great season with his 11 goals, but he's also had zero assists and has not been the heart of their play making in attack. Rudan also inherited great leadership and experience in Durante.

Maybe Rudan will prove me wrong, but I think the chips clearly fell his way this year and even with all the excitement and enthusiasm that should buoy WU next season, I won't at all be surprised to see nothing more than an over hyped middle of the road season under Rudan.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
I hear that Mr Franck Ribery is mates with Babel and is vaguely, possibly, maybe, sort of, interested in the Drivebys for a stint ...so that’s from €187,000 ($300,000au) a week, to whatever the HAL will scrape together for him to even get out of bed....stay in Munich brother says I

Pirate Pete

Hammil to Western United. With Gulum and Calver also there you would have to wonder what this means for Aspro?
I saw a post somewhere about how their line up could look.
Don't think Hamill was there, but they had Aspro as sub.
I thought then, does he know what he's doing?

Found it...
D6FmhwzV4AAh9yL.jpg

turbo

With Gulum and Calver also there you would have to wonder what this means for Aspro?
Calver isnt spectacular, Aspro would be in with a shot at taking his place especially if there was an injury or rough patch but you do have to wonder if someone's sold him the world and he's going to go from being a certain starter to getting limited minutes. It's not like the back line is somewhere managers tend to use their subs unless forced so there might not be too many minutes up for grabs.

Insertnamehere

Calver isnt spectacular, Aspro would be in with a shot at taking his place especially if there was an injury or rough patch but you do have to wonder if someone's sold him the world and he's going to go from being a certain starter to getting limited minutes. It's not like the back line is somewhere managers tend to use their subs unless forced so there might not be too many minutes up for grabs.
Do they even have a head coach for the tactical decisions are or they willy nilly hoovering players?

turbo

Do they even have a head coach for the tactical decisions

Money seems to be on Rudan but they (or him) are probably wanting to put a little distance between his nix stint and announcing him. Seems very unlikely they've put this much of a team together without someone in the background.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred