• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

A-League Transfers and Rumours

Rowdy

Rostyn returns to Perth Glory on two-year deal:
griff_0.jpg

Perth Glory has confirmed it has signed former player and WA product Rostyn Griffiths for the next two seasons.

The 28-year old defensive-midfielder last played for his home–town club during the 2014-15 A-League campaign before joining Dutch club Roda JC in the Eredivisie, where he made 20 appearances in all competitions and scored two goals.
Griffiths is currently on tour with Glory in the Philippines as part of its pre-season camp and took part in yesterday’s 2-1 win over the United Football League Philippines All-Stars at Rizal Memorial stadium.
“I’m really excited to be part of what is quickly becoming an impressive and solid team under the stewardship of Kenny Lowe,” Griffiths said.
“I’ve played in China, I’ve had my stint in Europe and now I’m focused on helping my home town club push for its first A-League title”.
Griffiths said the prospect of playing alongside with some of his childhood teammates in Rhys Williams, Shane Lowry and Chris Herd, was also a lure.
“The chance of playing with the boys you’ve grown up with from your junior days is an attraction- but it’s not why I’ve signed” he said.
“Ultimately I’m here to play football and win a championship. Coming back to Perth is the right decision for me and I’m thankful the club and Kenny have given me this opportunity” he said.
“I want to do my best to repay them and give the supporters a chance to celebrate in what’s going to be a big 20th birthday year for the club, so in all honesty I’m pumped".
Coach Kenny Lowe was pleased he was able to add the reliable Griffiths to his strong line-up.
“We know what Rostyn can do. He was a rock for us a couple of years ago and he’s also quite handy in chipping in with a few goals and he’s another WA boy so he fits in with what we’re trying to do at the club”.
Griffiths has played a total of 106 Hyundai A-League matches since 2009.
He was part of the Central Coast Mariners Premiership winning team in 2012 before spending two seasons with Chinese Super League club Guangzhou RF.
He is the 15th WA born or raised player to join the club.
Griffiths will be part of the squad set to face the Azkals (Philippines National team) on Tuesday night before returning to Perth with the team at the end of the week.
Glory will play its first competitive match in Australia on August 10 when it meets Brisbane Roar at Ballymore Stadium in the RD 32 of the Westfield FFA Cup.

Rowdy

On paper, Perth are looking without a doubt like a top 4 side this season.

Just hope all their 'paper' is in order. :cool:

Forum Phoenix

I hate cashed up clubs. (Being city)

McClaren needs finesse not grunt/power training. SPL CB's will not help this aspect of his game.

Last edited:

Rowdy

Brisbane Roar snare Danish midfielder:
kristensen2.jpg

Danish midfielder Thomas Kristensen will be the latest import to grace the Brisbane Roar shirt for the 2016/17 Hyundai A-League season.

Head coach John Aloisi was delighted to have snared a player of Kristensen's pedigree.

“We believe Thomas will be an excellent addition to our squad,” Aloisi said.

“Not only has he represented his country (Denmark) but he has played at the highest level in both Denmark and Holland for many years now.” The 33-year old has also expressed his excitement about the next chapter in his successful career.

Kristensen admitted that a move to the 'sunshine state' was too good to turn down.

“The offer to come to Brisbane is a once in a life opportunity for myself and my family,” Kristensen said.

“First and foremost I come here to help the club be successful and win a trophy.

“I am very excited about this new adventure.”
Aloisi hopes that Kristensen's winning mentality will rub off on the squad.

“Thomas is a winner and has been successful throughout his career,” Aloisi said.

“We are again looking to improve as a team and we believe Thomas has a big part to play in the upcoming season.”

The midfielder also acknowledged the good reputation the A-League had attained, and that he was easily persuaded to head south by a friend currently plying their trade down under.

“I have only heard good things about Australia and the (Hyundai) A-League from my friend Morten Nordstrand,” he said.
“I now know a bit about the Roar and the Championships that the club has previously won.

“I cannot wait to get settled in Brisbane and get to know my new teammates.”

Rowdy

Former Victory youth captain Katebian set to join Roar:
cuj_78xveaamul1.jpg

Melbourne Victory's loss could be Brisbane Roar's gain, with John Aloisi poised to steal one of the country's most prolific young strikers from under Kevin Muscat's nose.

Former Victory youth captain Joey Katebian is on trial with the Roar and will get the chance to prove he deserves an A-League contract in Friday's pre-season clash with Western Sydney Wanderers on the Gold Coast.

Katebian, 20, was cut by Victory in May to pursue other opportunities, despite his stunning scoring record of a goal-per-game at state-league level.

In 41 games for the Victory's youth team in NPL Victoria over the last two years, Katebian scored 40 times - but his only taste of A-League action for the club was a few minutes off the bench against the Central Coast Mariners late last year.

Aloisi, who worked closely with Katebian during his time as a youth mentor at the Victory prior to joining Brisbane, reckons he's got his hands on a potential gem.

"I know Joey well from my time at Victory," Aloisi said.

"Having played as a striker before, I can see when someone is a goalscorer. He's a natural goalscorer.

"We've got him up here for a week to see how he fits in, not so much as a player but within the squad, to see if he will suit us.

"The opportunity's there for him and it's a good opportunity."

The Roar needs a reliable back-up option to striker Jamie Maclaren, having released import frontman Jean Carlos Solorzano and the versatile Henrique during the off-season.

But Aloisi stopped short of claiming Victory had made a mistake by letting Katebian go.

"Everyone has different opinions on football, players, what they need, what they don't," he said.

"I'm sure that people will say that when we lose players it's a big mistake.

"Kevin Muscat knows what he's doing."

Rowdy

Squad watch, A-League off-season moves:
transfers_0_0.jpg

As clubs look to strengthen, and some rebuild, you can find all the ins and outs right here.

ADELAIDE UNITED:

IN: Ben Garuccio (Melbourne City), Ryan Kitto (Newcastle Jets), Jesse Makarounas, Marc Marino (Melbourne City)

OUT: Eli Babalj (AZ Alkmaar - end of loan), Bruce Djite (Suwon FC), Craig Goodwin (Sparta Rotterdam), Bruce Kamau (Melbourne City), Pablo Sanchez (released), Stefan Mauk (NEC Nijmegen)

RE-SIGNED: Dylan McGowan

BRISBANE ROAR:

IN: Thomas Kristensen (ADO Den Haag), Connor O'Toole (Adelaide United youth team), Jacob Pepper (Western Sydney Wanderers), Kye Rowles (Palm Beach)

OUT: Devante Clut (Newcastle Jets), Corona (released), James Donachie (released), Henrique (Negeri Sembilan - Malaysia), Javier Hervas (released), Steve Lustica (Western Sydney Wanderers), Jean Carlos Solorzano (released), Shane Stefanutto (retired)

RE-SIGNED: Jade North

CENTRAL COAST MARINERS

IN: Jake Adelson (promoted), Kwabena Appiah, Adam Berry (promoted), Jacques Faty (Sydney FC), Ivan Necevski (Sydney FC), Connor Pain (Melbourne Victory), Blake Powell (Wellington Phoenix), Mickael Tavares (Sydney FC)

OUT: Mitch Austin (Melbourne Victory), Luis Garcia (end of contract), Daniel Heffernan (released), Anthony Kalik (HNK Hajduk Split), Francesco Stella (released), Tomislav Uskok (released)

RE-SIGNED: Trent Buhagiar

MELBOURNE CITY

IN: Daniel Arzani (AIS), Fernando Brandan (Atletico Temperley), Luke Brattan (loan - Manchester City), Bruce Kamau (Adelaide United), Neil Kilkenny (Preston North End), Manny Muscat (Wellington Phoenix), Ruon Tongyik (Adelaide United youth team)

OUT: James Brown (released), Wade Dekker (released), Ben Garuccio (Adelaide United), Aaron Hughes (released), Patrick Kisnorbo (captain - retired), Marc Marino (Adelaide United), Aaron Mooy (Manchester City - loaned to Huddersfield Town), Harry Novillo (Manisaspor - Turkey), James Trifiro (released), Alex Wilkinson (Sydney FC), Michael Zullo (Sydney FC)

RE-SIGNED: Nick Fitzgerald, Anthony Caceres (continued loan - Manchester City)

MELBOURNE VICTORY

IN: Mitch Austin (Central Coast Mariners), Stefan Nigro (promoted), James Donachie (Brisbane Roar)

OUT: Kosta Barbarouses (Wellington Phoenix), Matthieu Delpierre (retired), Thomas Deng (PSV Eindhoven), Gui Finkler (Wellington Phoenix), Giancarlo Gallifuoco (released), Jesse Makarounas (released), Dylan Murnane (released), Connor Pain (Central Coast Mariners), Archie Thompson (released), Danny Vukovic (Sydney FC)

RE-SIGNED:

NEWCASTLE JETS

IN: Daniel Alessi (Western Sydney Wanderers), Wayne Brown (SJK - Finland), Devante Clut (Brisbane Roar), Jack Duncan (Randers FC), Andrew Hoole (Sydney FC), Ivan Vujica (Dinamo Zagreb U19), Andrew Nabbout (Negeri Sembilan)

OUT: Enver Alivodic (released), Josh Barresi (released), Ryan Kitto (injury replacement), Leonardo (released), Brandon Lundy (released), Cameron Watson (released), Mark Birighitti (Newcastle Jets)

RE-SIGNED: Jason Hoffman, Ben Kantarovski, Morten Nordstrand

PERTH GLORY

IN: Nick Feely (GK), Rostyn Griffiths (Roda JC), Joseph Mills (Oldham Athletic), Liam Reddy (Western Sydney Wanderers), Brandon Wilson (Burnley FC U21), Rhys Williams (Charlton Athletic)

OUT: Chris Herd, Diogo Ferreira (released), Hagi Gligor (released), Gyorgy Sandor (released), Krisztian Vadocz (short-term injury replacement), Ruben Zadkovich (retired), Jerrad Tyson (mutual termination)

RE-SIGNED: Jordan Thurtell (GK), Diego Castro

SYDNEY FC

IN: Josh Brillante (Fiorentina), Bernie Ibini (Club Brugge), Danny Vukovic (Melbourne Victory), Alex Wilkinson (Melbourne City), Michael Zullo (Melbourne City)

OUT: Ali Abbas (Pohang Steelers), Zac Anderson (released), Anthony Bouzanis (released), Jacques Faty (Central Coast Mariners), Andrew Hoole (Newcastle Jets), Alex Mullen (released), Christopher Naumoff (released), Ivan Necevski (released), Shane Smeltz (Kedah FC), Robert Stambolziev (released), Mickael Tavares (Central Coast Mariners), Jacob Tratt (released), Riley Woodcock (released)

RE-SIGNED Matt Simon

WELLINGTON PHOENIX

IN: Kosta Barbarouses (Melbourne Victory), Gui Finkler (Melbourne Victory), Hamish Watson

OUT: Manny Muscat (Melbourne City), Blake Powell (released- Central Coast Mariners), Ben Sigmund (retired), Albert Riera (released)

RE-SIGNED: Tom Doyle, Dylan Fox, Lewis Italiano, Vince Lia, Blake Powell, Matt Ridenton, Alex Rodriguez

WESTERN SYDNEY WANDERERS

IN: Robbie Cornthwaite (Selangor FA), Jumpei Kusukami (Cerezo Osaka), Steven Lustica (Brisbane Roar), Bruno Pinatares (Cerra - Uruguay), Lachlan Scott (promoted), Mario Shabow (promoted)

OUT: Alberto (released), Daniel Alessi (released), Andreu (released), Mark Bridge (Changrai United- Thailand), Romeo Castelen (released), Shayne D'Cunha (released), Alusine Fofanah (released), Golgol Mebrahtu (released), Jacpb Pepper (Brisbane Roar), Federico Piovaccari (released), Liam Reddy (released), Matt Sim (released), Dario Vidosic (Liaoning Whowin)

RE-SIGNED

Blackadder

http://www.news.com.au/sport/footba...l/news-story/d6749d6292f84595f8cb1589d95c4feb

ADELAIDE-BORN Socceroo James Troisi is close to signing with an A-League club but it’s unlikely to be Adelaide United.

It’s understood Adelaide did investigate the possibility of signing Troisi three weeks ago but negotiations went quiet.

But an announcement of Troisi’s return to the A-League is imminent after his stint with Chinese club Liaoning Whowin went horribly wrong nearly two months ago

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred