• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

A-League Transfers and Rumours

Rowdy

According to reports in Adelaide, midfielder Stefan Mauk is on the radar of at least one Dutch club. The Adelaide Advertiser is reporting that Dutch club NEC are set to meet Mauk's terms.

“Stefan Mauk has been terrific for us since he came here from Melbourne City,’’ Reds Chairman Greg Griffin reportedly said.
adelaide-united-playmaker-stefan-mauk-has-received-some-huge-praise-from-former-socceroo-harry-kewell_e07dkvocka5z1hgwsh5slkedt.jpg

“He had a buyout clause in his contract and one club has met the demands. We would dearly love to keep him here but we’re part of the football chain."

Mauk, 20, was brought in from Melbourne City mid-season in a player swap and proved an instant hit in SA.

He was also called up to the Caltex Socceroos squad for the England game in May just weeks after helping United to win an historic first Championship.

Rowdy

Good bit of business from Adelaide, getting Mauk basically as a 'free' from Melb.City for swapping out Osama Malik & now they're making a chunk of change out of the deal selling him on.

And again good business nous, in securing Jesse Makarounous on a free after Muscat discarded him, who'll slot straight in for Mauk in the midfield.

Luca Brasi

I think Mauk is a class above Makarounas, it will be exceptional business if Makarounas goes to the next level as some have predicted by leaving MV.

Rowdy

Jamieson set for Swedish stint:
jamo_4.jpg

Scott Jamieson is set to leave Western Sydney for Sweden after IKF Gothenburg triggered a release fee in his contract, FourFourTwo understands.

Jamieson is under contract at the Wanderers after joining the club from Perth Glory on a two-year deal.

While Western Sydney may be reluctant to see the fullback leave the A-League side before the start of the 2016/2017 season, it is believed they appear to have little say with the Swedish club’s offer activating an exit clause.

Jamieson’s way to the Angles is likely to be paved by the imminent departure of an IFK defender to an unnamed Ligue 1 club.

The 27-year old former Sydney FC and Adelaide United left back made 27 appearances and scored three goals for the Wanderers last season, helping them reach the grand final.

A Blacktown City product, Jamieson previously spent three years as a junior with Bolton Wanderers in the UK.

He has four caps to his name for the Socceroos.

Rowdy

Corona headache for Brisbane Roar as star midfielder leaves:
20160312001238018761-original.jpg

Brisbane Roar have suffered a major blow with midfielder Miguel Corona - who picked up the club's player of the season award in 2015-2016 - departing the club.

Corona, 35, won the Gary Wilkins Medal in his debut season in Brisbane, will now return to Spain.
Screenshot_2016-07-15-11-07-34-1_zpsefkbvlez.png

"I would like to thank the club, the technical staff and especially John (coach John Aloisi) for giving me the opportunity to play for BRFC," Corona said.

"To my team-mates, thank you for helping me become a better player and taking care of me.

"Finally, thank you to the fans for all the support you have shown me."

Aloisi paid tribute to Corona, who he called 'a great professional'.

"From day one, the way he conducted himself on and off the field was a credit to himself and his family," said Aloisi

"From the very beginning, we knew we had signed a player who would be a true leader at our club.

"Miguel is someone who embraced our club values and we're fortunate to have known such a great professional."

Brisbane Roar football director Craig Moore admitted the club were 'sad' to see the former Almeria man move on.

"Whilst we are sad to see Miguel go, we understand the reasons for him wanting to return home at this stage of his career," Moore said.

"I have no doubt that Brisbane Roar has made an impression on Miguel and he will help people in Spain understand more about our great club."

Rowdy

Wow !
Massive blow to Aloisi's plans for 2016/17.

Corona was a stand-out for Roar last season imo, pulling the strings from the midfield & a very classy player.

Rowdy

Corona's exit may ??? provide Terry Antonis an opportunity at Brisbane for his wanted return to the A-League, with Matty McKay taking on more of the DM responsibilities with Antonis the creative.

Rowdy

Cornthwaite joins Wanderers on two-year deal:
gettyimages-174644317.jpg

Former Adelaide United defender Robert Cornthwaite has joined Western Sydney Wanderers on a two-year deal.

The 30-year-old, who had spells with Jeonnam Dragons in South Korea and Malaysian side Selangor after leaving the Reds, said he was looking forward to returning to Australia.

Screenshot_2016-07-15-13-00-10-1_zpseaujgxkk.png

"When you're looking to come back to Australia you put a list together of the clubs you'd like to join and the Wanderers were top of that list so to get the opportunity to play for Western Sydney is a huge honour as I know the fans are the best in Australia," Australia defender Cornthwaite said.

"It's exciting for me and my family. After six years playing in Asia I'm really looking forward to joining Wanderers at a good age where I can really contribute.

"I've been away from Australia for a while but I watched as much A-League as possible – generally a couple of games each weekend – and Western Sydney have been very successful and played some very good football – particularly last season.

"I'm looking forward to getting in, pulling on the Red & Black and getting to work as soon as possible."

Cornthwaite is the second Wanderers defensive signing this month after the club announced on 5 July that Spanish defender Aritz Borda had also signed a two-year deal with the club.

Rowdy

I'm sure many were surprised :confused: he even made the Socceroos for that matter ! :headbutt:
& dont anyone dare talk about that tap-in !

It's a rather odd choice from Poppa, who's normally rather carefully considered in his signings.

Maybe he's looking at him as a Squaddie with utillity function across the back 4 with DM possibilities as well

Rowdy

Ibini set for Sky Blue reunion:
ibini.jpg

Unlucky Club Brugge striker Bernie Ibini is set for an A-League renaissance with reports linking him to a move back to Sydney FC.

After an injury-prone first year at the Belgian club, Fairfax Media reports the former Sydney FC and Central Coast Mariners striker is set to link up with head coach Graham Arnold once more.

With Sydney FC struggling to find the firepower necessary to mount a title challenge last year, Arnold has gone on the hunt for a proven striker.

It is understood that the deal will be finalised in the next few days.

Rowdy

After signing with Club Brugge on a three-year deal in 2015, Syd have reportedly agreed terms to a season-long loan deal.

Big Al

Makes sense after how bad he broke his leg.

Brugge will want to see if he can recover.

He deserved the deal and Arnie was missing him terribly last year

Forum Phoenix

Corona is a huge loss for Roar. Exactly the kind of player I was hoping we'd find.

But hey, if you had offered me Faty, Tav, Powell, Pain and Appiah last year... for Bosnar, Sim, Caceres, Trifiro and Hefferenan I'd have leapt for joy.

Rowdy

Not sure that Bernie after a year out is going to fire Sydney to the title.
Agree, he may just slip back in to the 'comfort zone' he had with Arnie & by that, I'm talking about his often lackadaisical ways.

Was told first hand by a senior player that Bernie would regularly turn up to training late & Arnie would just let it slide, whereas if any other players did they'd cop a spray and a fine.

It wasnt like they could confront old cranky pants about it when they're a player who's trying to work their way back into the first XI at the time.

Things might be diffetent this time around though, with Arnie under far more pressure this coming season - especially after his comments at the end of his last game where he talked about "winning is now more important than trying to develop younger players."
ie. MY J.O.B is on the line !!!

As well as Bernie himself, hopefully maturing and realising what is at stake by not just getting back to the level he was at when Club Brugge signed him - BUT surpassing that level ! That is what he needs to achieve.

& I hope he does, I liked him as a player, but that was only after he started working harder & unfortunately that was when he played for Sydney.

He became a real 'excitement machine' going forward for them !
...... we only saw glimpses.

Rowdy

Not sure if mentioned before but I hear Holman is going to MV.

Yesterday's mail hinted that he's more likely to end up at Brisbane Roar, as they've come out publicly and stated that they're actively chasing his signature.

SydFC also a possibility (along with Victory) but can see Roar as the most likely, throwing more money at Holman following Corona's unexpected departure coupled with new owner's needing to get a grumbling fan-base back on side.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred