• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

A League teams and their EPL equivalents...

Paolo

i would be embarassed if my club were the only club in english football history not to earn their spot in the top flight but rather gain it through a dodgy chairmans dealings and blackmail

blastbum

Well... I think the emphasis should be on where it says in the footnote "no firm proof of any wrongdoing has ever been found" and I'm quite happy to believe that there wasn't any wrongdoing. Spurs fans blow it out of proportion and looooove a good conspiracy theory.

BTW, FFC Mariner, considering that you have a pic of Erik Nevland in your avatar I take it that you're a Fulham fan? Must I point out that Sir Henry Norris (acused of the dodgy dealings with Arsenal) was also the chairman of the board at Fulham. ;D

serious14

blastbum said:
FFC Mariner, considering that you have a pic of Erik Nevland in your avatar I take it that you're a Fulham fan?

So so so so SOOOOOOOOOOOO much wrong with that sentence....... that's GREENPOLE you're talking to, how could you not know.

*shakes head*

blastbum

poglavnik said:
rofl at blastbum not knowing his own clubs history
bl m8
Who said I didn't know about it? I said it was bollocks because I don't believe anything dodgy went down. Ask any Gooner and they will tell you the same thing.  ::)

Paolo

blastbum said:
poglavnik said:
rofl at blastbum not knowing his own clubs history
bl m8
Who said I didn't know about it? I said it was bollocks because I don't believe anything dodgy went down. Ask any Gooner and they will tell you the same thing.  ::)
so the FA just promoted a 5th placed side out of the goodness of their hearts.....and other clubs who were embroiled in match fixing claims at the time wernt blackmailed or unduly influenced by henry into support the bid....clubs who would have no reason to support the bid otherwise?

Also, if nothing dodgy went down, its tad odd that the facts of the meetings were 'lost in the mists of time'

blastbum

Instead, the League decided instead to promote fifth-placed Arsenal, for reasons of history over merit; Norris argued that Arsenal be promoted for their "long service to league football", having been the first League club from the South. The League board agreed; they voted eighteen votes to eight to promote Arsenal ahead of their local rivals Tottenham Hotspur which has fuelled the long-standing enmity between the two clubs.
IMO they deserved their promotion because of their long service to league football. ;D
BTW, Tottenham can't help it if their history isn't as good as Arsenal's. :p

Aden

dont worry bout  him blastbum.  if tottenham could continously beat arsenal rather than once in 9 years they would not be bringing this up its the fact that arsenal are the more dominant team  its just sour grapes which i can understnd if my team were only good enough to beat my rival once in 9 years id be pretty peeved aswell

dibo

Aden said:
dont worry bout  him blastbum.  if tottenham could continously beat arsenal rather than once in 9 years they would not be bringing this up its the fact that arsenal are the more dominant team  its just sour grapes which i can understnd if my team were only good enough to beat my rival once in 9 years id be pretty peeved aswell

given tottenham fans have been talking about it for decades (including through their glory years when they were winning leagues and cups) i'd say you're wrong.

Bear

blastbum said:
BTW, FFC Mariner, considering that you have a pic of Erik Nevland in your avatar I take it that you're a Fulham fan?

so the photo of nevland gave him away, not the fact he actually has FFC in his forum name?

oh dear

Paolo

dibo said:
Aden said:

given tottenham fans have been talking about it for decades (including through their glory years when they were winning leagues and cups) i'd say you're wrong.
dibo wins

blastbum

Aden said:
Totally agree. It's sour grapes and a classic example of the tall poppy syndrome. Jealousy is a curse.

Paolo

blastbum said:
Aden said:
Totally agree. It's sour grapes and a classic example of the tall poppy syndrome. Jealousy is a curse.
rofl, refer to dibos post. Even during our good years it was still talked about as you are the only club not to earn your position.

blastbum

Paolo said:
blastbum said:
Aden said:
rofl, refer to dibos post. Even during our good years it was still talked about as you are the only club not to earn your position.
Well, the FA said that we earned it and who's to argue with the FA? ;D Once again, let me point out that the Wiki page on Arsenal's history says "No conclusive proof of wrongdoing has ever come to light". So I'm quite content with that. :p

ARSENAL!!! ARSENAL!!! ARSENAL!!!  :eek:verhead:

Margaret Thatcher

Paolo said:
blastbum said:
Aden said:
and they didnt deserve to be in the champions league after the 05/06 season. tottenham were 4th in the league on the last day, arsenal were 5th and 1 point behind. on match day 10 spurs players came down with food poisoning, they lost to west ham 2-1 and arsenal beat wigan to take fourth spot.

marinermick

Bob Hawke said:
Paolo said:
blastbum said:
Aden said:
and they didnt deserve to be in the champions league after the 05/06 season. tottenham were 4th in the league on the last day, arsenal were 5th and 1 point behind. on match day 10 spurs players came down with food poisoning, they lost to west ham 2-1 and arsenal beat wigan to take fourth spot.

multi

take a week's ban

blastbum

Bob Hawke said:
Paolo said:
blastbum said:
Aden said:
Soooooo... what are you saying? Are you saying that it was Arsenal supporters who spiked the Tottenham players food? West Ham beat Spurs and we beat Wigan. That's the way it goes. To suggest that there was foul play is nothing more than another conspiracy theory.

loyalist

ignore the multi

arsenal did not earn their place in the top flight regardless of any wrong doings
having said that they have done alright since being in there

Aden

1. never been proven
2.even if we didnt earn it . we are there and continously whooping tottenham besides the last few times 
3. not our fault some fools ate poisonous food.  some people should be more careful of what they eat next time

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred