• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

A League teams and their EPL equivalents...

FFC Mariner

Is that the Aston Villa who have won 7 FA Cups, a european cup and a few league titles (I couldnt be arsed to check TBH).

LFCMariners

Bearinator said:
marinermick said:
Bearinator said:
Incorrect

please elaborate

I can confirm that mine and poglavnik's reference to metal spoons have nothing to do with a wooden spoon, or a wooden spoon award

BJ can elaborate further if he so wishes

Sorry, I am as much in the dark about this as everybody else appears to be.

dibo

...and the same aston villa which comes from the second largest city in britain?

dibo

RADINHO said:
dibo said:
...and the same aston villa which comes from the second largest city in britain?

yeh but do u know how many teams there are in london...

fine and dandy, but birmingham's a farking big city, and there are just two clubs - villa and city. hardly smalltown stuff.

Paolo

the same aston villa who has the fourth highest total of major honours won by an english club??

Paolo

serious14 said:
The same Aston Villa who havn't lost in the League since November??  :eek:
the same aston villa who have spent 98 seasons in the english top flight...the second highest amount of all clubs?

Paolo

FFC Mariner said:
Behind the Arse if my memory serves me right (and they cheated, ask a Spurs fan)
Everton 100 odd years. Arsenal have been in the top division for the longest running period.

p.s Arse*** can f**k right off. Only club to not earn their top flight position. When the league expanded to 22 they let chelsea remain(who were to be relagted with Tottenham after finishing 19th) and promoted Arsenal despite only finishing 6th in Div 2(Thanks to dodgy dealings by their chairman Sir Henry Norris and FA being useless) rather then letting 20th placed Tottenham remain

blastbum

Paolo said:
FFC Mariner said:
Behind the Arse if my memory serves me right (and they cheated, ask a Spurs fan)
Everton 100 odd years. Arsenal have been in the top division for the longest running period.

p.s Arse*** can f**k right off. Only club to not earn their top flight position. When the league expanded to 22 they let chelsea remain(who were to be relagted with Tottenham after finishing 19th) and promoted Arsenal despite only finishing 6th in Div 2(Thanks to dodgy dealings by their chairman Sir Henry Norris and FA being useless) rather then letting 20th placed Tottenham remain
:redcard: :fireup: :redcard: :fireup: :redcard: :fireup: :redcard: :fireup: :redcard:

dibo

blastbum said:
Paolo said:
FFC Mariner said:

:redcard: :fireup: :redcard: :fireup: :redcard: :fireup: :redcard: :fireup: :redcard:

are you peeved that it's true or that he said it?

FFC Mariner

blastbum said:
Because he said it. It's utter bollocks and the stuff of conspiracy theories.

no, its quite true, Arsenal cheated their way into the old Div and Spurs have never (ever) forgiven them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arsenal_F.C.#History

It has been alleged that Arsenal's promotion, on historical grounds rather than merit, was thanks to underhand actions by the then Arsenal chairman, Sir Henry Norris; see History of Arsenal F.C. (18861966) for more details. These allegations range from political machinations to outright bribery; no firm proof of any wrongdoing has ever been found. A brief account is given in Soar & Tyler (2005). The Official Illustrated History of Arsenal. pp. p.40.  A more detailed account can be found in Spurling, Jon (2004). Rebels for the Cause: The Alternative History of Arsenal Football Club. Mainstream. pp. pp.3841. ISBN 9781840189001.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred