• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

A League teams and their EPL equivalents...

LFCMariners

So I was thinking about which EPL team each A-League club resembles the most and why, and I came up with these. Agree?

Adelaide United- Arsenal. Have a good playing roster and silverware to go with it, but seem to come undone in any sort of finals match.

Melbourne Victory- Manchester United. They've won championships, they play great football, they get great crowds, but gee they have some wankers playing for them!

Wellington Phoenix- Manchester City. Have been the competition's easybeats for a while now, but look as if they are about to turn the corner and become a successful club.

Queensland Roar- Liverpool. They have the administration and the playing roster of a championship club. Just not the recent championship trophies that should go with it.

Sydney FC- Chelsea. Have a huge budget and big name signings. Expect instant success! If it doesn't come, expect mass-sackings!

Newcastle Jets- Blackburn Rovers. Had one moment of glory, but slid far from grace since then. Close runner up is Newcastle United- the club is run by a mad dictator and the fans are not happy!

Perth Glory- Everton. Their glory days were in the old comp, but look as if they are steadily building to become a successful club in the modern day comp once more.

And finally.....

Central Coast Mariners- Hull City. A club that nobody ever rates, but has proven time and time again to punch above its' weight against more fancied opposition!

bulldogmariner

BJ said:
Central Coast Mariners- Hull City. A club that nobody ever rates, but has proven time and time again to punch above its' weight against more fancied opposition!
HULL CITY! First season in the league and you rate the CCM like that?????? And they could still get relegated. Not to sure about that one!

Arabmariner

BJ said:
You forgot to add both have started to slide down the table in recent weeks! ;)

LFCMariners

I know Hull and Stoke have only been in the EPL since this season, but I couldn't think of another club remotely similar to ours.

FFC Mariner

Newcastle United are the closest equivalent to the Jest - poor management throughout the club leading to being a cluster f**k.

SFC are more like Tottenham. Think they are a massive club, spend loads on new players every year, keep sacking managers and then start the whole process all over again.

We are more like a Bolton IMHO. Not as much money as the others, small, loyal crowds. Just wont go away.

loyalist

BJ
spoon.jpg

?

Paolo

FFC Mariner said:
SFC are more like Tottenham. Think they are a massive club, spend loads on new players every year, keep sacking managers and then start the whole process all over again.
what do mean we arnt a massive club? :ashamed:

p.s more mid table mediocracy

Deloitte Football Money League 2009

1. Real Madrid (Spain) 365.8m (289.6m)
2. Manchester United (England) 324.8m (257.1m)
3. FC Barcelona (Spain) 308.8m (244.4m)
4. Bayern Munich (Germany) 295.3m (233.8m)
5. Chelsea (England) 268.9m (212.9m)
6. arse*** (England) 264.4m (209.3m)
7. Liverpool (England) 210.9m (167.0m)
8. AC Milan (Italy) 209.5m (165.8m)
9. AS Roma (Italy) 175.4m (138.9m)
10. Internazionale (Italy) 172.9m (136.9m)
11. Juventus (Italy) 167.5m (132.6m)
12. Olympique Lyonnais (France) 155.7m (123.3m)
13. Schalke 04 (Germany) 148.4m (117.5m)
14. Tottenham Hotspur (England) 145.0m (114.8m)
15. Hamburger SV (Germany) 127.9m (101.3m)
16. Olympique de Marseille (France) 126.8m (100.4m)
17. Newcastle United (England) 125.6m (99.4m)
18. Vfb Stuttgart (Germany) 111.5m (88.3m)
19. Fenerbahce (Turkey) 111.3m (88.1m)
20. Manchester City (England) 104.0m (82.3m)

Bear

poglavnik, what you did there, I saw it

BJ, can you confirm you would like 1 of these plz?
Rice_SpoonBa.jpg

?

serious14

Paolo said:
FFC Mariner said:
what do mean we arnt a massive club? :ashamed:

p.s more mid table mediocracy

Deloitte Football Money League 2009

1. Real Madrid (Spain) 365.8m (289.6m)
2. Manchester United (England) 324.8m (257.1m)
3. FC Barcelona (Spain) 308.8m (244.4m)
4. Bayern Munich (Germany) 295.3m (233.8m)
5. Chelsea (England) 268.9m (212.9m)
6. arse*** (England) 264.4m (209.3m)
7. Liverpool (England) 210.9m (167.0m)
8. AC Milan (Italy) 209.5m (165.8m)
9. AS Roma (Italy) 175.4m (138.9m)
10. Internazionale (Italy) 172.9m (136.9m)
11. Juventus (Italy) 167.5m (132.6m)
12. Olympique Lyonnais (France) 155.7m (123.3m)
13. Schalke 04 (Germany) 148.4m (117.5m)
14. Tottenham Hotspur (England) 145.0m (114.8m)
15. Hamburger SV (Germany) 127.9m (101.3m)
16. Olympique de Marseille (France) 126.8m (100.4m)
17. Newcastle United (England) 125.6m (99.4m)
18. Vfb Stuttgart (Germany) 111.5m (88.3m)
19. Fenerbahce (Turkey) 111.3m (88.1m)
20. Manchester City (England) 104.0m (82.3m)

Disappointing Jewdom that......

jarrad

Us - Liverpool (since the EPL anyway).

Ugly football, still getting the results. Always around the top but never taking the glory of the premiership. Relying on one man to inspire us to victory. (Jedinak = Gerrard)

SFC - Tottenham.

Recruit big, comes to nothing, sack the manager. ;)

marinermick

The wooden spoon was presented originally at the University of Cambridge as a kind of booby prize awarded by the students to the man who achieved the lowest exam marks but still earned a third-class degree in the Mathematical Tripos. The term "wooden spoon" was also applied to the recipient. In contrast, the highest-scoring student was named the senior wrangler.

The custom dates back at least to the early 19th century, if not before, and continued until 1909. From 1910 onwards the results have been given in alphabetical rather than score order, and so it is now impossible to tell who has come last, unless there is only one person in the lowest class.

These spoons, actually made of wood, became increasingly large, and in latter years measured up to 1.5 metres long. By tradition they were dangled in a teasing way from the upstairs balcony in the Senate House in front of the lowest-ranked recipient when he came before the Vice Chancellor to receive his degree.

Bear

marinermick said:
Bearinator said:
Incorrect

please elaborate

I can confirm that mine and poglavnik's reference to metal spoons have nothing to do with a wooden spoon, or a wooden spoon award

BJ can elaborate further if he so wishes

marinermick

Bearinator said:
marinermick said:
Bearinator said:
Incorrect

please elaborate

I can confirm that mine and poglavnik's reference to metal spoons have nothing to do with a wooden spoon, or a wooden spoon award

BJ can elaborate further if he so wishes

yes, tis true

i saw the spoons and made an assumption to wooden spoons

ass-u-me

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member