• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

A-League Expansion

style_cafe

Thanks Kev,I just wanted to catch up with David Reid.(Paul Reid`s brother)I think he is still with Dandaloo.
He`s an ex Macarthur junior.Played in the same 1st grade team at The Ram`s with Peter"Shirley" Preston.

grendel

Thanks Kev,I just wanted to catch up with David Reid.(Paul Reid`s brother)I think he is still with Dandaloo.
He`s an ex Macarthur junior.Played in the same 1st grade team at The Ram`s with Peter"Shirley" Preston.
the game was played at 10am and CC lost 2-0. first grade only played.

Jerem

i have no confidence in BB no more

"CASH-STRAPPED Football Federation Australia yesterday retrenched nine staff members, after three other managers left voluntarily as chief executive Ben Buckley implements a restructure he maintains will ''set us up for the next four years''

FOUR YEARS, i want this league to be going beyond my grave!!!preferably in 50 60 years!

scottmac

Suspended
i have no confidence in BB no more

"CASH-STRAPPED Football Federation Australia yesterday retrenched nine staff members, after three other managers left voluntarily as chief executive Ben Buckley implements a restructure he maintains will ''set us up for the next four years''

FOUR YEARS, i want this league to be going beyond my grave!!!preferably in 50 60 years!

Have to say that this is a good sign. They looked to be a bit top heavy and the restructuring they have planned looks like a good set up. The only concern I have is that there are a few people who have a large amount of work to do. eg LG's job just increased by at least half when he was also made head of the NYL and W-League. I'm afraid that the people left will be stretched and that their best will not be enough to cover all competitions.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/australia/news/1049769/Revamp-at-FFA-headquarters

I think the best part of the revamp is the recognition that links with the past are needed in order to take this sport forwards. Granted its great on paper and will carry no weight until it has been seen being done. The FFA cup I think will carry a lot of the FFA's hope for a reconection with the history and the people who make our sport happen at grassroots level.

MrCelery

Hardly surprising news after we failed to secure the World Cup Finals. I'm only surprised that it hadn't happened sooner.

Not so sure about Kyle Patterson as the new media man though. He always struck me as a bit of a lightweight. Isn't he also 'old soccer'? Or is he more 'new football'?

In my humble opinion it should be Ben Coonan! ;D

giggsy

Have to say that this is a good sign. They looked to be a bit top heavy and the restructuring they have planned looks like a good set up. The only concern I have is that there are a few people who have a large amount of work to do. eg LG's job just increased by at least half when he was also made head of the NYL and W-League. I'm afraid that the people left will be stretched and that their best will not be enough to cover all competitions.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/australia/news/1049769/Revamp-at-FFA-headquarters

I think the best part of the revamp is the recognition that links with the past are needed in order to take this sport forwards. Granted its great on paper and will carry no weight until it has been seen being done. The FFA cup I think will carry a lot of the FFA's hope for a reconection with the history and the people who make our sport happen at grassroots level.

giggsy

Hi all,

Sorry seemed to have stuffed up my reply....I am a newbiie

I agree with SCOTTMAC it's time to re-engage with 'old soccer'
I'm thinking of the likes of South Melbourne, Sydney, Marconi etc clubs with a a history, a decent stadium and presumably some sort of fan base. Maybe a cup competition involving these clubs (and others) is a good place to start. WE NEED TO DO SOMETHING WE ARE GOING BACKWARDS!!!!!!

Muppet

Agree that the 'old' clubs need to be engaged. There needs to be a second level underpinnng the A League clubs. I think an FFA Cup needs to be a priority. It will attract spectators back to the game and enhance the overall attraction of the game. Which other code has the opportunity to have that in place? The answer is none.

pjennings

Agree that the 'old' clubs need to be engaged. There needs to be a second level underpinnng the A League clubs. I think an FFA Cup needs to be a priority. It will attract spectators back to the game and enhance the overall attraction of the game. Which other code has the opportunity to have that in place? The answer is none.

I only agree to an extent. The engagement has to be a lot broader than the 'old' clubs.

Let's face it most of the football community did not have any affiliation with any of the 'old' clubs. We need to engage all the football community better, including the 'old' clubs

midfielder

Tassie release a report to join the A-League looks very impressive ... not to sure I agree with everything in the report but it does have a lot of useful info..

http://www.development.tas.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0010/38845/Sc1423_Final_Report_v4_-_Public_Release.pdf

elevated position

interesting about the share scenario re melbourne. 80 plus share holders to tap on the shoulder to top up the tank.
No wonder they can buy the players they do.

Wombat

Hardly surprising news after we failed to secure the World Cup Finals. I'm only surprised that it hadn't happened sooner.

Not so sure about Kyle Patterson as the new media man though. He always struck me as a bit of a lightweight. Isn't he also 'old soccer'? Or is he more 'new football'?

In my humble opinion it should be Ben Coonan! ;D

I think Kyle Patterson will be great. Understands the industry and knows his Football.

McGrime

So there is a few guys talking up Tasmania as a possible expansion target for the "A" League.

Not such a bad Idea but let's get Western Sydney in there as a priority.

curious

So there is a few guys talking up Tasmania as a possible expansion target for the "A" League.

Not such a bad Idea but let's get Western Sydney in there as a priority.

That's an illness that comes with regional games. The game is announced and before you can say "Has anyone got an Aspirin?", you break out in Aleague franchises, stadium constructions, club colours, acute delirium and a high fever of fantasy. Treatment is a cold shower and a dose of cold reality. And perhaps a beer or three, although that must be used with caution as it may exasperate the delirium.

Jesus

Jesus
Personally i think Tassie is a decent option. They have had some decent crowds 6-10k for pre-season games.

I think that anything over 10k will have the FFA taking a closer look.

They have 2 problems. No football specific stadium, and they ahvent had the money.

But they have virtualy no competition

curious

Personally i think Tassie is a decent option. They have had some decent crowds 6-10k for pre-season games.

I think that anything over 10k will have the FFA taking a closer look.

They have 2 problems. No football specific stadium, and they ahvent had the money.

But they have virtualy no competition

Besides cricket, they have no competition in national leagues, but locally, afl is very big and their traditional winter game.

dibo

We've got two clubs at death's door (GCU for want of any public support and us for want of cash), and Heart can't really be doing all that well given they're not exactly running on the smell of an oily rag but their crowds aren't very big at all. If anybody's got cash and wants to run a team, I'd suggest they take over either GCU or CCM.

Jesus

Jesus
We've got two clubs at death's door (GCU for want of any public support and us for want of cash), and Heart can't really be doing all that well given they're not exactly running on the smell of an oily rag but their crowds aren't very big at all. If anybody's got cash and wants to run a team, I'd suggest they take over either GCU or CCM.

If I was buying GCU, i wouldnt be keeping it up on the GC

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred