• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

A-League Expansion

djebella

SMH has an article about the fast tracking of expansion to ten teams for next season. I'm all for it!

Except this quote:
Gold Coast Galaxy are believed to have impressed the FFA with a financial model, which will uses profits from a property development company to pay the football club, and are a long way down the track of finalising colours (yellow and blue) and a logo

:naughty: :naughty: We're yellow and blue please pick your own colours!!

T

First Phonix fans with their whole yellow fever thing, and now the Gold coast.... what else are they going to copy. Why has no one picked green???

Auburn Mariner

Yes, I just read this online and whilst I love the idea of a 27 game season and a HELLISH Away Trip, why can't the Gold Coast have a green uniform, as I think it is the one major colour not used in HAL?

Please, PLEASE, FFA, don't rush them, if they are not fully ready for V4, then get them in for V5.

Just quietly, it seems our months of Forum speculation about the new teams was pretty accurate; it is Queensland expansion that the FFA has gone for. The AFL have made a MASSIVE error in not forcing North Melbourne to Carrara, the HAL has now got saloon passage to entrench itself in the fastest growing city in Australia.

Can someone seriously explain why have the NRL and now the AFL made such big blunders, do they not realise that the A-League is quickly becoming a major player in this country? Andrew Demetriou and David Gallop, you will pay dearly for your oversights. All the better for football, though, I would say.

northernspirit

well to be fair the NRL is in the gold coast its the AFL thats farked up... we need the a-league there before the afl because if we were third there i cant see them doing too well

what is the population of the gold coast these days? couldnt be much bigger than the central coast could it?

priorpeter

what do you guys reckon about the possibility of a canberra team? like the old canberra cosmos was it? yay or nay? ????

northernspirit

canberra no, cosmos could barely muster 2000 fans to a game in the old league... been tried and hasnt worked youd have to put gold coast, townsville, wollongong, 2nd syd team and 2nd melb team before canberra

Jeff (LouMacari)

I think to be fair to cosmos, the new A-league can't be compared to old nsl. We are all getting better figures because of the new perception and profile of the round ball game in oz now.

P

Pete

I really wouldn't like another team within NSW borders.......and that includes a team from ACT.
The ground at Canberra could obviously do with some use over the summer months, but I don't rate the ground, nor the prospects of the people of the ACT getting behind a HAL team.

The Cosmos failed within the relatively flexible NSL regs. and the NRL Canberra Raiders have struggled over the years. In AFL, which does have some fans in the ACT, the Kangaroos and the Swans have tested the waters there and they didn't find a pot of gold.

While I like the prospect of a FNQ team based in Townsville over a Gold Coast team (GC teams in NRL have been and gone so they are fickle too), there is a new stadium in GC that is used by the NRL Titans, so maybe that can be used off season for a GC HAL team?

And it would give those bloody loudmouths who won't shut up in Roar, a chance to learn another song other than "Q.A.N.T.A.S. Virgin Blue and Jetstar too, with a nick nack paddy whack give the dog a bone, Central Coast can f88k off home!" (sung even after the last plane out of Brisvegas had left for the night  :naughty: ) I now really hope we get a home final against the meow and end up winning, so I can repay the 'courtesy' 10 fold in their faces as they try to have a quiet conversation post match and discuss football (like I was trying to do last Saturday night  :fireup:)

FFC Mariner

Canberra cant draw crowds and who on earth would want to go to that terrible shit hole for an away game.

Gold Coast Galaxy is a top name for the club and I expect the blue/yellow is the wussy version the Titans have.

Annoy the Roar and what an away trip.

The AFL have just repeated Gallop's spineless efforts re Central Coast. Disaster from arrogant, myopic administrators who refuse to admit that the world has changed.

P

Pete

Greenpoleffc said:
Canberra cant draw crowds and who on earth would want to go to that terrible shit hole for an away game.

Gold Coast Galaxy is a top name for the club and I expect the blue/yellow is the wussy version the Titans have.

Annoy the Roar and what an away trip.

The AFL have just repeated Gallop's spineless efforts re Central Coast. Disaster from arrogant, myopic administrators who refuse to admit that the world has changed.

Would certainly LOVE to annoy those Roar supporters and go to a GC match at the new stadium and not bother with a Roar match.

Re:AFL & the Kangaroos staying in Melbourne. A James Brayshaw-led, members based, rear guard action at the 11th Hour stayed off the move to GC. Brayshaw now has to get people in Melbourne motivated to support the 'Roos, which will be harder than beating up the loyalty drum he did - just ask Holmes a Court and Crowe about the support they've had to nurture to keep the Rabbitohs going, it's not easy.

midfielder

Gold Coast & Wollongong are my bets.

Gold Coast as everyonr has said to beat the AFL, and Wollongong for the same reason. Remember AFL said they plan to put a team in Sydney's south west.

Wollongong team would also represent down the south coast in gereral and south western Sydney much like the Mariners represent Northern Sydney i.e Hornsby, to Eastwood and east west wise Chastwood to the Hills.

Also give flying circus another derby match crowd wise. The long term plan in the back rooms is  Mariners, Wollongong, Scum & Penerith side(IMO were second sydney side will play) will all be derby matches for flying circus and hope is in a few years these matches will be played at telstra (I realise Frank has one hand on it but Bling insider says this is Franks dream).

Also in a speech made by Frank in public last year he said similar things

P

Pete

northernspirit said:
pete how did you get your post count so high? higher than the entire post count on the entire new forum lol

Asked 'Administrator' on the old forum to migrate the count over to the new forum by PM.

P

Pete

Pete said:
northernspirit said:
pete how did you get your post count so high? higher than the entire post count on the entire new forum lol

Asked 'Administrator' on the old forum to migrate the count over to the new forum by PM.

And became an instant Superstar! :vhappy:

kevrenor

Pete said:
Pete said:
northernspirit said:

And became an instant Superstar! :vhappy:
Old and new is relative ... it is new in that it is on SMF and in a new location, but under that shiny exterior - just read the posts - it is the same old content from the same old ramblers ... right off thread! 

The Fans Forum lives ... reincarnated like Dr Who ...

fish

Gold Coast Galaxy - love it
Canberra will not be considered surely, go where they have  the potential of a new audience not try to reincarnate the couple of  thousand odd that used to follow.
Throw in a brand new ultra modern stadium at Robina and there it is, just add footballers and fans.
The FFA wouldnt do it to us to have the Roar one week followed by the Galaxy would they??
There would be blokes on life support or in detox by the wednesday

shelleybeach

Gold Coast Galaxy to be funded by property developers? sounds like a good business plan. i'll give em 2 years to fold if they're let in

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami