• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

22022022 v Plastics

Ancient Mariner

Let's hope we don't go down the rabbit hole like they did.Before their sad demise it was over 70 years since they had won the premiership-about 1924 or thereabouts.
They won the premiership 2 years in a row, 1921 and 1922, undefeated all season in 1921.

true believer

So parking the bus FFA cup style? If we sit back trying to absorb and dont push against City we'll get pumped and be out of it before making an attacking sub. I'd rather watch us actually play and lose than sit back and lose anyway.
not entirely you just don't believe we can score with nizzy and moresche up front.
im not of that opinion .what we need is to not get stream roled in the midfield .we may indeed
score first if they obsess over running us over .

true believer

Let's hope we don't go down the rabbit hole like they did.Before their sad demise it was over 70 years since they had won the premiership-about 1924 or thereabouts.
north sydney had played finals football for the previous 10 years .
they folded because the ground was delayed and manly shafted them when they were finically on their knees . it was the greatest act of rugby league bastardry outside of super league .

turbo

you just don't believe we can score with nizzy and moresche up front
correct. Would love to be wrong but dont think I am. I think Nisbet into the middle with Oli makes more sense in making plan A work better. That or moving to more of a diamond midfield with Mueller at the top of it but I'm still not confident of his fitness starting in that role.

Michael

These type of heavy match loads can go either way, you build so much momentum for the next part of the season or scrape by like a wounded animal. At the moment we’re the latter. No hiding it, we’re in a slump. But the wheels have nowhere near fallen off.
Not expecting any world beating tonight, but I haven’t lost faith in Monty or the lads. They’re still capable of a shock against a red hot team.
I must still say a slight formation tweak is desperately needed.

Michael

i'd wait for a team list .because rinse and repeat is 4 nil without the plastics getting out of first gear .
we aren't expected to get anything but a flogging

my team and im also keen on a 451 if we get out numbered in midfield
urena needs rest , as does cummings . hoping to get 45 to 55 out of ruon
90 out of moresche moving to right wing after halftime

birra
hall miller rowles smith

muller tonyik boz beni

nizzy
moreceshe

balard farrell cummings storm urena caruso cy

time for plan B monty

ruon in CM is laughable to be totally honest with you. He’d win some aerial duels and some tackles, sure, but would instantly be found out with the ball as he doesn’t have the sharp quick touches or passes at all. And what about those occasional yet kinda often miss timed heart attack tackles he prone to? If you want a CB to shift into midfield Dan Hall is the option. Given he has played there at one point in his life on a consistent basis.
nizzy as a 10 definitely works. I get that Miller WAS a centre back through the academy and can ofcourse deputise there. But whether he or some fans like it or not he is an awesome attacking fullback who is also mostly solid defensively. The last position change we need.

totally agree we need a plan b but just shifting players around to other areas in the same formation isn’t the answer.
we’re being outdone tactically not man for man.
3 CM’s imo is the answer given every other team has 3 or 2 CAM’s, completely overwhelming our 2 holders and then running over the top of us.
Ollie holding with niz and Balard/Steele in front would help. Or niz and Ollie holding with any one of Urena, muller, cy or even moresche in the 10 would do very well imo.

marinermick

ruon in CM is laughable to be totally honest with you. He’d win some aerial duels and some tackles, sure, but would instantly be found out with the ball as he doesn’t have the sharp quick touches or passes at all. And what about those occasional yet kinda often miss timed heart attack tackles he prone to? If you want a CB to shift into midfield Dan Hall is the option. Given he has played there at one point in his life on a consistent basis.
nizzy as a 10 definitely works. I get that Miller WAS a centre back through the academy and can ofcourse deputise there. But whether he or some fans like it or not he is an awesome attacking fullback who is also mostly solid defensively. The last position change we need.

totally agree we need a plan b but just shifting players around to other areas in the same formation isn’t the answer.
we’re being outdone tactically not man for man.
3 CM’s imo is the answer given every other team has 3 or 2 CAM’s, completely overwhelming our 2 holders and then running over the top of us.
Ollie holding with niz and Balard/Steele in front would help. Or niz and Ollie holding with any one of Urena, muller, cy or even moresche in the 10 would do very well imo.

Agree with all of this

Yorkshire Mariners FC

For mine, I'd be starting Smith at LB, giving Faz a rest. There is a good player in there for me.

Niz into the middle with Oli (as many people here are calling for). Muller on the right, Beni on the left. Beni is there pretty much for his workrate and willingness to at least try to make something happen.

Sub on Cy, Moresche and try snatch a win with 20 to go. Love to see Tsekenis given more of a crack off the bench too.
I feel like that was the plan against victory but he forgot to go for the win in the last 20 mins

jacobsfl

I'm hoping that Nicolai starting means Nizzy will finally move into the middle. I don't mind that lineup at all. Really hoping for a big game from Beni to silence the criticism.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred