• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2021/22 season

pjennings

We are now a third of the way through the season with 52 of 156 games played. Adelaide and SFC have played 11 of their 26 games, Western 10, City, Roar and WSW have played 9,Victory, Macarthur and the Nix 8 with the scum, Glory and us only having played 7.

I think you need to average around 1.8 - 2.1 points a game to be looking at a top 2 finish. Before covid we were tracking at 1.9 points. Now after the two post covid league losses we are only at 1.29.

We have had 4 games postponed - 3 at home and one in Brisbane. Nix, Jets and Roar are all scoring less PPG than us and Victory well above.

Yes - it is a bit crazy at the moment and it is really hard to get a handle on how we are really travelling.

TEAMGPPTSPPG% Complete
WUN10191.9038.46%
MVC8151.8830.77%
MAC8141.7530.77%
SFC11161.4542.31%
MCI9131.4434.62%
CCM791.2926.92%
ADL11141.2742.31%
WEL8101.2530.77%
NUJ781.1426.92%
GLY771.0026.92%
WSW991.0034.62%
BNE980.8934.62%

turbo

Also factor in a real chance of reducing to 22 rounds due to the disruptions we’ve had so far. The APL has hinted at that many times. If that happens two teams are already halfway through their season and the 4 we have in hand compared to them become even more significant.

Tevor

Also factor in a real chance of reducing to 22 rounds due to the disruptions we’ve had so far. The APL has hinted at that many times. If that happens two teams are already halfway through their season and the 4 we have in hand compared to them become even more significant.
Get the feeling we will play them all hence the crowded schedule through Feb.

turbo

Get the feeling we will play them all hence the crowded schedule through Feb.
They might be hoping to try, 1 per week would take us until late May so we have some catching up to do to make 22 viable anyway.

Forum Phoenix

I think $$$ will drive an honest attempt to play all games for the season.

Yeah agree. Given we're still a league that largely runs off its broadcasting dollars. If I was the new broadcaster and you slashed the product I just paid to be able to exploit by a third, Covid or not, I'd be seriously pissed and expect you to make every effort to still give me what i paid for.

Tevor

No, it means they dont want the turn key costs of having the stadium open to the public, like security, cleaning and other staff. Fair enough for a game that might draw 1000 people if theyre lucky.
I still don't think the Nix should be in the A league or the Australia Cup for that matter however I do think the APL needs to help out. Some crowd is better than a closed stadium.

turbo

I still don't think the Nix should be in the A league or the Australia Cup for that matter however I do think the APL needs to help out. Some crowd is better than a closed stadium.
They are trying which is why the bulls game was at their home ground last weekend. They’re just being realistic about who will show up to a mid week fixture against an interstate team.

Melange

Kick them out. We owe NZ football nothing
Like them or not, we did owe them. Part of our move to AFC was to get the Oceana vote to allow it. NZ were the key to that vote and we promised them a team in the ALeagues to secure it.

I'm not sure if we put a time limit on how long they could stay, I'm guessing the push to out them a few years ago was bluff to get the NZ FA to support the Phoenix more by allowing their 23s to complete in the npl equivalent over there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred