• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2021/22 season

Ozhammer

I am aware that Methcarthur tried to sign him when Staj was coach but the club talked him round. Hope he understands where his best chance of being properly developed is and it ain’t southwest Sydney

Last edited:

shipwreck

Wouldn't make sense at all.

Dude is starting every week, has improved out of sight and we are a proven overseas development club.

If you're a young guy with a shit load of potential, CCM is where you want to be.

Lateral transfers within the Aleague or for people who have peaked.

Big Al

Hopefully the club can give him a wage that’ll keep him and the confidence he’ll be playing a key role with us
Exactly. Money is why you go to Macathur
and he was probably pissed at being behind Nigro last year.
I remember a play Miller sign in the crowd last year. Some family or friends showing frustration. Maybe for him?

I wonder if it would be to play CB which is his preferred role and it was us who keep pushing him to be a RB

I think his better CB than RB but he has improved this season

Rising Sun

Exactly. Money is why you go to Macathur
and he was probably pissed at being behind Nigro last year.
I remember a play Miller sign in the crowd last year. Some family or friends showing frustration. Maybe for him?

I wonder if it would be to play CB which is his preferred role and it was us who keep pushing him to be a RB

I think his better CB than RB but he has improved this season
I recall either Monty or Ken saying he had been reluctant to convert to RB so you might be right that he still sees CB as his long term position and that's the carrot that's being dangled.

Given the potential he has to play at a decent level overseas, money shouldn't play any real part in decisions he is making at this stage of his career

Big Al

I recall either Monty or Ken saying he had been reluctant to convert to RB so you might be right that he still sees CB as his long term position and that's the carrot that's being dangled.

Given the potential he has to play at a decent level overseas, money shouldn't play any real part in decisions he is making at this stage of his career
Yeah it was Ken on the pod and that’s what i was referring to.

Overseas should still happen if he goes to Mac as long as his agent makes it a priority in his contract.

Rams are becoming the new CCM South

FFC Mariner

When you pay shit, people leave.
CCM is no different to any other workplace.
That's why transfer fees are so important. We are a selling club who can't get paid

turbo

Moving for a CB role would be very risky at this stage of his career, if he doesn’t perform immediately they’ll put 2 experienced players in front of him and stall his progression without a second thought. I don’t think that’s the right play at all.

Ironbark

Historically CB seemed to be his strength. His recent raids into the box have been very successful and I'm hoping he is enjoying that growing part of his game

booney

A good quality fullback should be much more desirable to any club than a centre back.
That's arguable.Centre backs marking opposition strikers have the most important job in the team.Admittedly the demands on fullbacks these days in attack and defence are huge but if you can't match the spearhead your team is stuffed.Also Goalies would always want a strong CB in front of them

All this from a long retired LB .

turbo

Looks like next week’s game against Perth is off. Covid has ravaged them.
Were we due to play them next week and the 13th? I can still see the 13th showing up in the fixtures list. They may be out by then, can’t imagine they’ll be in good shape but we’ve been there.

AJames

Hopefully they should have a team back by Sunday week. Only this weekends and the midweek game was postponed for now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred