• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2021/22 season

Yorkshire Mariners FC

Are you serious, Football Australia is struggling to fund itself and the National team let alone being a charity to Oceania. How many leagues in the world have a team(s) playing who are from a different conference???? It may have provided a solution in the past however for the future it's not viable. Tell the areas in Australia vying for a license to the A League we need to support Oceania instead of them. When a second division comes along the Nix look even more of an outcast, if we ever have promotion and relegation does that mean the Nix can never be relegated just like not involved in the ACL? Their inclusion no longer makes sense. The A league does not have a great reputation already let alone having a team that can win silverware and then not play in the ACL. The other week I read comments on social media with Nix fans laughing about the possibility of winning the FFA Cup and winning the ACL spot. Its a joke.
A 2nd NZ team in the comp would be better than what has transpired.

Pirate Pete

Perth Glory will be forced to take A-League games to Tasmania because of the WA Government’s triple-jab ruling for visiting teams.
The stranded Glory were hoping to return home after Sunday’s game against Central Coast Mariners in NSW. They are now planning to play three men’s games and a women’s match in Launceston after striking a deal with the Tasmanian government.
Glory are hoping for an exemption that will allow visiting teams not triple-jabbed to enter WA under strict isolation rules.

Tevor

Poor bastards, you would want good money to have to live in Launceston for a few weeks (apologies TAS Mariner) Glad we are not playing them, terrible trip for travel from the coast.

dibo

We're very diverse, but a lot of culturally diverse communities are also somewhat socially conservative (see 2017 plebiscite results for reference). It's alright for middle class university educated lefties like me, but I get that not everyone is as enthusiastic.

Baby steps.

Wombat

We're very diverse, but a lot of culturally diverse communities are also somewhat socially conservative (see 2017 plebiscite results for reference). It's alright for middle class university educated lefties like me, but I get that not everyone is as enthusiastic.

Baby steps.
Why do we need someone's sexuality shoved down our throats (no pun intended). Who cares if he is Gay....if he is good enough he will make a decent living out of Football and if not he can join the Greens as a political activist.

Corsair

Why do we need someone's sexuality shoved down our throats (no pun intended). Who cares if he is Gay....if he is good enough he will make a decent living out of Football
I'm inclined to agree, it's irrelevant.

In the context of a football match I don't think it's fair to give one section of the players special treatment by having a round for their sexual preference, everyone should be treated the same. Ironically that's what they're fighting for.

Ah what the hell, who cares have the round, maybe it'll help someone come out.

Rising Sun

I'm inclined to agree, it's irrelevant.

In the context of a football match I don't think it's fair to give one section of the players special treatment by having a round for their sexual preference, everyone should be treated the same. Ironically that's what they're fighting for.

Ah what the hell, who cares have the round, maybe it'll help someone come out.
It ought to be irrelevant, but the fact he got to 22 years old before he felt comfortable being open about his sexuality (which must have been tough for him) suggest that he didn't feel it was irrelevant. So if AU want to give support and encouragement to others in the same boat then no problem from me.

Insertnamehere

Baby steps.
I think that's a bit of a misnomer. Its really westies who are the socially conservatives. Young 1st gen and 2nd gen onwards that have anglicised a bit are as progressive as anyone else.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred