• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2020/21 Season

Avoca

“The Sydney Kings and The Hawks will play their pre-season game on Sunday in Sydney but do so behind closed doors.” - SMH

I wonder if this will affect the A-League opening round?

shipwreck

Anyone know when and where the guys are training at the moment? Drove all the way here so might as well watch something

Wombat

Anyone know when and where the guys are training at the moment? Drove all the way here so might as well watch something

The train at the CoE at Tuggerah. Opposite Bunnings.......you will see an Office block with Mariners on it. Behind that is the training pitch.

NoDiggity

It’s a real shitfight getting in there ATM because they’re doing covid testing there. I went to watch them train on Thursday & you couldn’t get in. May be better off parking at the bunnings & walking over. They train most days during the week 9.30-12

FFC Mariner

It’s a real shitfight getting in there ATM because they’re doing covid testing there. I went to watch them train on Thursday & you couldn’t get in. May be better off parking at the bunnings & walking over. They train most days during the week 9.30-12
There is also a commuter overflow carpark opposite the supa centre (bit further down from Bunnings across the road) Thats usually pretty empty

Pirate Pete

I was going to quote the post above and say "The Russians Are Coming".
Then I realised it was a link. Don't click it.

Reactions: adz

JoyfulPenguin

Listening to the Fox football season preview as well as the new ABC football podcast and it makes for some pretty depressing listening. Both saying that we look weaker than last season even if our visa players were in the country. Not to mention the savaging we get on other football forums, quite a few saying Jankovic could be close to the worst visa signing in A-League history.

I want to be optimistic about this season but am really struggling to be, the only way I can really see us not lifting a fourth successive spoon is if the Jets turn out to be diabolically bad. Our squad minus Bozanic is NPL level, our visa signings do not fill me with overwhelming hope even if they were in the country.

If we lose to the Jets in the first round I think we are destined for the spoon.

Yorkshire Mariners FC

Sadly, yes. Our defence looks worse. So the average of more than 2 goals against, generously becomes 3. Is our attack 2 goals better? No. Looks like on Ave we would need three goals to have a chance of winning. Tell the a-league to stop expanding so we can't , unbelievably, keep getting worse.

Ironbark

Our team didn't function as a team too well last season.
The style of players we now have appear to be quick, strong and smart(er). If so we may have a better team dynamic which is where I have some hope.
Not bucket loads of hope, of course.

turbo

Both saying that we look weaker than last season even if our visa players were in the country.
I don’t know how anyone can make that call with any real credibility. Maybe if they haven’t been watching our games perhaps and looking at us on paper but we have cut some dead wood including two visa players that played a handful of matches between them while collecting decent wages. Kim is a loss but hardly showed his potential. Realistically he was an average CB for most of the season.

The two we are mostly worse off for are Ziggy pulling a dog move this close to the start and Duric who simply wasn’t 100% and expecting the club to gamble on that and carry him when he isn’t fit isn’t fair either.

As far as the locals go? Murray meh, Oar never really pulled his weight as a senior & expensive player, Fox came good at the end but hardly walking in to another starting 11.

We have a hole in the defence that needs to be resolved ASAP and we need our visa players here yesterday but we aren’t miles behind what we actually put on the pitch last season.

Ads

It’s very hard to gauge and will come down to each game tactics.

But generally I would say our younger fitness will get us through 2/3 games as usual. A draw here and a draw there.

Maybe might even serve us well for a bit longer this season if the schedule stays in place.

Advantages for me:
* Nisbit from season start
* More players in proper position
* Ziggy I feel was good last ditch defender but was not great tracking or working forwards. Dan Hall/Nigro might actually be an upgrade.
* Other teams have had more significant changes to backs/midfield + coach.

However

How long will it last until other teams get some flow going, and can we get enough draws or wins to keep any confidence we have from a fresh season start.

Only way to stay away from bottom 3 is to not get into another rut.

Tevor

I don’t know how anyone can make that call with any real credibility. Maybe if they haven’t been watching our games perhaps and looking at us on paper but we have cut some dead wood including two visa players that played a handful of matches between them while collecting decent wages. Kim is a loss but hardly showed his potential. Realistically he was an average CB for most of the season.

The two we are mostly worse off for are Ziggy pulling a dog move this close to the start and Duric who simply wasn’t 100% and expecting the club to gamble on that and carry him when he isn’t fit isn’t fair either.

As far as the locals go? Murray meh, Oar never really pulled his weight as a senior & expensive player, Fox came good at the end but hardly walking in to another starting 11.

We have a hole in the defence that needs to be resolved ASAP and we need our visa players here yesterday but we aren’t miles behind what we actually put on the pitch last season.
I can understand it and have seen many comments on the forum stating it is a weaker team. We came dead last by a way last year so why wouldn’t people think that way. I feel we have the spoon wrapped up again however it’s up to Staj, the Club and the players to prove me wrong. I’ll be there at every game I can and support them however it’s a very steep hill and we don’t appear to have a very big engine.

turbo

I can understand it and have seen many comments on the forum stating it is a weaker team. We came dead last by a way last year so why wouldn’t people think that way. I feel we have the spoon wrapped up again however it’s up to Staj, the Club and the players to prove me wrong. I’ll be there at every game I can and support them however it’s a very steep hill and we don’t appear to have a very big engine.
I think most of the comments here are about the fact the visa players aren’t here yet and weren’t even known until the last few days. And the hole in defence of course which is the most valid criticism IMO and doesn’t seem to have an answer beyond rolling the dice on Hall and hoping he makes the cut or that Tongyik and Rowles both have a dramatic uptick in quality.

As we stand for round 1 yes we are significantly weaker and I think the Jets will be the better team unless some of our less experienced players really step up or the Jets are a complete dumpster fire which I don’t expect will be the case.

sydmariner

A-League and Westfield W-League to Kick-Off on Sunday 27 December​

Updated: 15 mins ago

The A-League and Westfield W-League will proceed with a historic joint kick-off on Sunday 27 December, with an updated fixture schedule in light of the latest government guidance for New South Wales.​

Back-to-back derbies are now scheduled for the opening day of both seasons, the first time the two leagues have begun on the same date, with Bankwest Stadium hosting Western Sydney Wanderers v Sydney FC in the Westfield W-League, followed by the Wanderers against expansion club Macarthur FC in the A-League opener.
Fixture adjustments have been made for the next month in response to the restricted travel which now applies to persons from New South Wales into other States and Territories. For the next four weeks, all clubs outside of New South Wales will continue to play one another, and all the clubs within New South Wales will continue with their games.
Brisbane Roar FC will host a new double-header at Dolphin Stadium on Tuesday 29 December when they host Melbourne City FC in the Westfield W-League and A-League.
Of the opening 40 A-League games, 15 remain unchanged, five (5) have been brought forward from later in the season, and the remaining games will be rescheduled in the near future in line with government travel and health advice.
Head of Leagues Greg O’Rourke said:
“We gained a significant amount of knowledge from the staging of the 2019/20 season which enabled us to move quickly and respond to these latest changes.
“We’ve mapped out the next month in light of the latest restrictions, and our focus remains on delivering the best possible football experience for every one of our 218 games between now and June 2021.
“We’re five days out from the start of a historic season and we are all ready for the summer of football to begin.”

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred