• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2020/21 Season

Forum Phoenix

This is a very interesting discussion guys and i want to thank you for it because it is agreat insight. There is plenty here that highlights the need for more insight information about the club. It is a new world for us now in the media space now as the Fox/telegraph content is dramatically reduced or non-exstant at all. It was only a couple years ago that Tom Smithies articles would be in every paper and on the back pages with professional journalism and articles. Now filling the void is unfounded blogs and click bait articles that the astute fan no longer trusts - and rightly so.
which makes it an obvious look towards the clubs and the league to provide into this space that the clubs would normally always shy heavily away from.
The rumours tidbits and juicy stuff can be extremely distruptive internally as context, opinion and personal relationships are affected and influenced.
Whilst i would love to keep everyone updated with who limped off at training or who is hanging out at a beach with another clubs CEO and looking to get out of their contract to sign with another A-League club - thats just not content clubs are geared to handle properly.
But to say that one of the new visa players hit a bomb top corner goal in an internal match is definitely news that fans would love to hear.

I can only say that we will take this conversation as background for our comms strategy and things like Mariners TV might be a good vehicle to fuel this positivity and experience in being a Mariners fan.
It was only a couple years ago that Tom Smithies articles would be in every paper and on the back pages with professional journalism and articles. Now filling the void is unfounded blogs and click bait articles that the astute fan no longer trusts - and rightly so.

Yes very much this. Everyone knows that real Journalism the world over is now on it's knees.

Completely understand re Gossip. My expectation was only ever would be positive gossip only. And we know when there's positive things to talk about, muck raking and goo feasting has less power and allure.

"But to say that one of the new visa players hit a bomb top corner goal in an internal match is definitely news that fans would love to hear."

Exactly this. And I posit it becomes even more worthy of becoming a talking point, with just a couple of sentences about how maybe he worked on X with his technique, or learnt X back when or, scored his first like this etc...this is the kind of football talk, tidbits I was eluding to and imho offers real value to fans in what I'm sure the majority most care about. One genuine piece of insight, about even the smallest aspect of our beloved game/team/club, is more valuable than a whole pile of fluff pieces.

I can only say that we will take this conversation as background for our comms strategy and things like Mariners TV might be a good vehicle to fuel this positivity and experience in being a Mariners fan.

Thank you for listening and engaging Shaun. That's really exciting news.

Wombat

If there’s no video, it didn’t happen right? :overheadl:
Saw Clarkey smash an absolute screamer at Soccer 5s v Mike Cockerill and Adam peackcock etc. I had to give him a bit of praise as i left through the fence.......he said.....thats the best goal I ever scored!!!! Still beaming.
It was world class and maybe 20 people saw it lol.................................and no one would ever believe Clarkey coz it wasnt his forte.
But Ronaldo would have been smiling!

bikinigirl

This is a very interesting discussion guys and i want to thank you for it because it is agreat insight. There is plenty here that highlights the need for more insight information about the club. It is a new world for us now in the media space now as the Fox/telegraph content is dramatically reduced or non-exstant at all. It was only a couple years ago that Tom Smithies articles would be in every paper and on the back pages with professional journalism and articles. Now filling the void is unfounded blogs and click bait articles that the astute fan no longer trusts - and rightly so.
which makes it an obvious look towards the clubs and the league to provide into this space that the clubs would normally always shy heavily away from.
The rumours tidbits and juicy stuff can be extremely distruptive internally as context, opinion and personal relationships are affected and influenced.
Whilst i would love to keep everyone updated with who limped off at training or who is hanging out at a beach with another clubs CEO and looking to get out of their contract to sign with another A-League club - thats just not content clubs are geared to handle properly.
But to say that one of the new visa players hit a bomb top corner goal in an internal match is definitely news that fans would love to hear.

. Shaun, may i also suggest that if the team cannot equalise the sound on released interviews (i.e. recent interviews with Staj and our new signings) ... could you please add the interview questions as subtitles?

Pirate Pete

. Shaun, may i also suggest that if the team cannot equalise the sound on released interviews (i.e. recent interviews with Staj and our new signings) ... could you please add the interview questions as subtitles?
I turned the automatic subtitles on.
From memory it only picked up the last question.

Forum Phoenix

Lol. Drives me crazy.

A league press conferences don’t bother to mic the journos. But at least for our own content like Mariners TV this needs to happen. It’s mental creating Q&A content for people to listen to but you can’t hear the actual questions.

Hi all,
Thanks for the feedback and suggestions on here the past week, as Shaun mentioned we'll take it onboard!
R.e. the presser questions, no problem at all. I'll look to sort this starting from tomorrow's pre-game media opp.

sydmariner

Scum away (14/2) has been changed to nix away @ WIN Stadium @ 4:05 PM @ and Methcarthur away (22/3) has been postponed.

priorpeter

March fixtures are locked in:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami