• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2020/21 Season

Ancient Mariner

I would not be surprised if, at least in Sydney, restrictions are not increased. Although, most of the recent cases are reported as linked to the Avalon cluster, many of them are being found outside Avalon. There is a good chance Sydney could go like Melbourne. I think a 50 percent chance of it not happening is optimistic. Fingers crossed.
Of the 4 in my group, 2 are locked down in Avalon and 2 of us, (having celebrated too many birthdays) are being very cautious.

Coastalraider

I don’t think there have been many cases outside the northern beaches at all which is fantastic news. People have been infected in the beaches and then moved, but the secondary infections outside of that hotspot have been amazingly few. Given the number of external locations visited, and the fact we are now past 14 days since the initial outbreak, I’d say well done everyone keeping it somewhat contained. With restrictions now being ramped up a little post Christmas, I’d say the government did a pretty good job of tightening it up, and the contact tracing efforts have been amazing. And to the public setting record testing numbers over the Christmas break, well done.

Pirate Pete

I be surprised to get 6,000 to the game
I'd be very surprised if we got that many.

Although it really is hard to say how people are reacting to the latest outbreak.
Coles at West Gosford last week I'd say 80% of people wearing masks.
Woolworths, Woy Woy hardly a mask in sight, although most of the staff were wearing them.

Ancient Mariner

Didn't you see the Boxing Day sales at Parramatta. Hardly a mask in sight.
I don’t think there have been many cases outside the northern beaches at all which is fantastic news. People have been infected in the beaches and then moved, but the secondary infections outside of that hotspot have been amazingly few. Given the number of external locations visited, and the fact we are now past 14 days since the initial outbreak, I’d say well done everyone keeping it somewhat contained. With restrictions now being ramped up a little post Christmas, I’d say the government did a pretty good job of tightening it up, and the contact tracing efforts have been amazing. And to the public setting record testing numbers over the Christmas break, well done.
Secondary infections have occurred outside the beaches, notably the CBD and paddington. They are still being reported as being linked to the Northern beaches cluster. There are transmission gaps in the tracing of some of these infections as well.
CBD Boxing Day about 80% masks.
Backpacker rave at Bronte no masks.
Let's see what happens over the next 10 days.

Remember, I am the optimist on this forum.

Tevor

I have friends who were coming on NYE however have now pulled out due to C19. This will have an impact on the crowd for sure. I said earlier it will be lucky to be 4k. What are the member numbers like? No details at all on this so I assume pretty low at around 2k.

Wombat

Didn't you see the Boxing Day sales at Parramatta. Hardly a mask in sight.

Secondary infections have occurred outside the beaches, notably the CBD and paddington. They are still being reported as being linked to the Northern beaches cluster. There are transmission gaps in the tracing of some of these infections as well.
CBD Boxing Day about 80% masks.
Backpacker rave at Bronte no masks.
Let's see what happens over the next 10 days.

Remember, I am the optimist on this forum.

You are when it comes to Football Ancient but when in comes to Covid you are a bit "Private Frazer" TBH.

midfielder

I think you might be mixing up Woy Woy with Umina, the Ugg boot & trackie captial.
I think you maybe 15 years out of date ...

The Peninsular today is nothing what it was like even 10 years ago...

Remember Bondi in the 80 & 90's was a dump ... when they fixed the sewage outflow and wow has it changed... as has Redfern, Surry Hills, Balmain etc...

Ettalong and Umina and even Woy Woy, are changing ....

marinermick

Living in Tascott I have seen the evolution of Woy Woy, Ettalong and Umina over the years.

The renovation of the Bayview and Ocean Beach Hotel has seen them turn into very pleasant places, there are now excellent cocktail bars in Frankies, Margarita Daze and Bar Toto, and the food choices are really good - Nigella cane and dined at the renovated Fisherman’s Wharf, there is Sounds on West, Young Barons, KB Thai, Hungry Wolfs Ettalong, the Chinese at Woy Woy just to name a few good restaurants. And Double Roasters coffee brand at Link and Pin Cafe is just about my favourite coffee.

I always thought the beautiful old Masonic building opposite the station could do with being a small brewery/bar and Woy Woy would have everything I need.

There are still plenty of bogans on the peninsula but the influx of Sydney commuters over the years has meant the demographic has really changed.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I moved out 10 years ago, to Melbourne, and come back usually once or twice a year - there's still a lot of the 'old' Peninsula around, but it's clearly gentrifying a bit - more and more upmarket cafes and things, a bit more trendy - and there's definitely a lot more money coming into the region which you can even just see driving around and looking at houses. It'll still take a long time to really change, but it's definitely in progress.

LFCMariners

You are when it comes to Football Ancient but when in comes to Covid you are a bit "Private Frazer" TBH.

Did you hear the story of the oooooooooold eeeeeeeeeempty baaaaaaaaaarn?

*Makes haunted expression*

This is the story of the ooooooooooold....eeeeeeeempty.....baaaaaaaaaarn.....

Well.....

There was nothing in it.

Seriously though, more than anything I think crowd numbers will be affected by the weather forecast. Form in more recent years doesn't help much either. I'm currently on the fence about going, depending on whether or not some friends decide to head in, and even then it's a case of do we get tickets beforehand or line up at the gate?

NYE 2019 was smokey, NYE 2020 looks to be wet

Hail for NYE 2021, anybody?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred