• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2018/2019 Memberships

Big Al

So membership predictions?

I think start of season we'll probably be down. Considering how many had their resolve broken last season, followed by the embarrassment that was a paired bookend thumping by the scum...well

Three weeks till FFA cup and the conch has yet to be blown and the team fully assembled

yaAKLX

If we lose that game, as expected, it won't help. Win and/or show massive potential and it'll bring a few more onboard.

The first few games will influence a lot. Some stirring, passionate results might turn the key the other way. Fans have been starved of guts and glory for so long that they would flock to it if it was on offer again - genuine excitement.
If it's a poor start to the season I can't see much growth if any in memberships this year.
Agree. I’m waiting for them to prove themselves and some spare coin. I’m definitely on the wait and see List.
So far very unimpressed

Big Al

Also the club needs to do a better job of the hard sell and pull at the heart strings.

I got a girl who was almost embarrassed to call and took no for the answer straight away.

That’s fine first up but Dan or someone with more experience needs to come back a second time and put the hard sell on.
With no players signed worth twisting people maybe they are waiting for the striker.

Timmah

Only useful for those living on the coast - or who are going to be there for games. It's a decent package, but not suitable for interstate members who aren't likely to be home for a couple of games.
I don't know if it's clear or not - but the package I outlined does include tickets to one away game which is more or less suitable for interstate members in every state except VIC or NSW.

Josho Howe

I am guessing we are at about 2000 members at the moment, maybe more. There will be an onrush as we get closer to the season. You're right, beating Adelaide in the FFA Cup will boost morale.

nebakke

Also the club needs to do a better job of the hard sell and pull at the heart strings.

I got a girl who was almost embarrassed to call and took no for the answer straight away.

That’s fine first up but Dan or someone with more experience needs to come back a second time and put the hard sell on.
With no players signed worth twisting people maybe they are waiting for the striker.

I don't disagree, but I think it's worth bearing in mind that even the greatest of salesman can be broken down by repeated responses of "If the owner isn't spending, why should I?" and I'm guessing there'd be quite a few of those, and very few staff to spread the load onto.
For mine, I was holding off, waiting for a signing to woo me - but ended up giving in this one last time, to secure my seat etc... I'm curious to see how many of the people in my bay will be back, I know at least one is gone and I know there's a large group some of who travel rather far, I'm not sure if they'll be back. But I'm slowly watching my concerns from the discussion a couple of weeks back materialise, with us pushing it to field a workable team, who has had a pre-season, for the first FFA Cup game - and that's not a good start.

Big Al

I don't disagree, but I think it's worth bearing in mind that even the greatest of salesman can be broken down by repeated responses of "If the owner isn't spending, why should I?" and I'm guessing there'd be quite a few of those, and very few staff to spread the load onto.
For mine, I was holding off, waiting for a signing to woo me - but ended up giving in this one last time, to secure my seat etc... I'm curious to see how many of the people in my bay will be back, I know at least one is gone and I know there's a large group some of who travel rather far, I'm not sure if they'll be back. But I'm slowly watching my concerns from the discussion a couple of weeks back materialise, with us pushing it to field a workable team, who has had a pre-season, for the first FFA Cup game - and that's not a good start.
Sure I’m not saying they will be able to sell it but a good salesman will come up with other reasons and deflect the negative as something unimportant.

Some are susceptible to it but when your only attempt is the intern when your product has been ordinary and looks to ordinary again you need your best seller on the case.

Will be very interesting to see who is waiting to be wooed.

Josho Howe

I had a chat with a few people who said ''i'm not renewing coz of the owner/till we sign a big player'' can't blame anyone for saying any of that at all. You get the occasional serve from someone who is out of line but those are rare fortunately.

marinermick

Sure I’m not saying they will be able to sell it but a good salesman will come up with other reasons and deflect the negative as something unimportant.

Some are susceptible to it but when your only attempt is the intern when your product has been ordinary and looks to ordinary again you need your best seller on the case.

Will be very interesting to see who is waiting to be wooed.

Good objection handling in sales should be workshopped, messaged refined, trained, practiced, practiced and practiced.

I wonder how much of this went on?

Big Al

Good objection handling in sales should be workshopped, messaged refined, trained, practiced, practiced and practiced.

My guess is none. We have some kids here what can we get them to do? Ring for renewals.
Maybe they were trained and the person in question didn’t follow script. Easy done when someone is shy or inexperienced or disobedient (highly doubt the last one).

Selling is definitely a confidence thing but also you need to believe in your product.

Maybe they will come back again but maybe not.

Wombat

This is not really applicable when what you are trying to sell is a shit product. Explain to me how a person is going "handle the objection" of.....we always come last......our players are shit.......we never buy any quality players......our last 3 coaches have been clueless at HAL level. The owner is a Arsehole who doesn't care about the club...the owner wants to move us to Canberra ...etc etc.
What script are you going to write for them to overcome objections to renewals???

DDTMM is a rare human being. Warm, kind, articulate and caring. Sales is all about the relationship but even Dan cant resign some members because they are not willing to flog a dead "pikey" horse.

My Limo driver from the airport told me he hasn't been to a Mariners game for the last 3 years because every time he goes now they lose. I didnt have the heart to tell him we generally lose regardless of if he attends or not.

marinermick

This is not really applicable when what you are trying to sell is a shit product. Explain to me how a person is going "handle the objection" of.....we always come last......our players are shit.......we never buy any quality players......our last 3 coaches have been clueless at HAL level.

You obviously haven't worked in pharma

JoyfulPenguin

I know this is dumb, but I have been looking to get a membership for my little boy for his first birthday. Other clubs seem to offer baby/toddler memberships might be a good idea to develop a silly little package?

Rowdy

Which leads me too what's been bouncing around in my head the last 2 days:

:piano:
Inhaaaale ... Exhale
Just got Bolt in the mail.

We're go'in insane for the Usain :headbounce:

We're so using THS in Bay16 if he signs
.... calling it !

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors