• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2018/2019 Memberships

bikinigirl

Wow...website is trying to charge me double for my package. :(
Are the phones open on saturdays?

. i experienced similar issues yesterday. tried logging out and removing the 'order' but nothing seemed to work (at one point i had removed everything, logged out ... and when i logged back in i was up to three memberships in my 'cart'). in the end we just rang and DDTMM sorted it over the phone

. also apparently the link between my membership and the hubby did not survive the transfer to the new system, but that was rectified as well

. despite the teething problems, Dan was extraordinarily helpful as always

Tevor

Family renewed, wife said she received a recorded message about renewing from DDS (last year was Storm). Funny we would use him since the rumours have been bouncing around since seasons end. I just found that unusual.

pjennings

Very hard sell. Don’t bother ringing me right now

I understand what you are saying but at the moment we can put out a side assuming Golec's return from injury that looks marginally worse defensively but marginally better offensively than last year. That is with 8 or 9 players still to come. We have cap space from Josh, Adrubal, Wout and Baro and probably $150,000 of DDSs wages. In other words even to reach the minimum cap we probably have $1.4M to spend. Assuming 9 players then that is an average spend per player of over $170000. You can add serious quality with that sort of coin = whether it is spread across the squad or concentrated in 3 - 5 players

Big Al

I understand what you are saying but at the moment we can put out a side assuming Golec's return from injury that looks marginally worse defensively but marginally better offensively than last year. That is with 8 or 9 players still to come. We have cap space from Josh, Adrubal, Wout and Baro and probably $150,000 of DDSs wages. In other words even to reach the minimum cap we probably have $1.4M to spend. Assuming 9 players then that is an average spend per player of over $170000. You can add serious quality with that sort of coin = whether it is spread across the squad or concentrated in 3 - 5 players
Going to need to start bringing some in soon. Training should start soon and with everything being new again we need time to gel.

Lets hope it is clear the decks for the new players.

The sporadic timing just has a smell to it

adz

Staff member
Going to need to start bringing some in soon. Training should start soon and with everything being new again we need time to gel.

Has a very indecisive feel to it. Hopefully all is going as planned...

pjennings

Agree wholeheartedly - we need to hear something soon. Is Mike back from OS yet? I would expect any major signing to have Mike in attendance.

As to the timing of the announcements (if we had four or five major announcements) I would expect a couple during the members renewal period and a two or three after that but well before the season proper. Hopefully all done and dusted by the end of July - early August.

nebakke

Agree wholeheartedly - we need to hear something soon. Is Mike back from OS yet? I would expect any major signing to have Mike in attendance.

As to the timing of the announcements (if we had four or five major announcements) I would expect a couple during the members renewal period and a two or three after that but well before the season proper. Hopefully all done and dusted by the end of July - early August.

At this point they're going to need more than a couple before really trying to ramp up memberships.
Im not proud to admit it but i have to say that the initial excitement of MM is wearing off quick, with the number of releases, and rumored releases and the very few rumors around signings. And I feel like it's taken a bit to start breaking my optimism down, so if I'm here imagine where less engaged fans are at...
I'm keen on the thought of Mulvey building a team of his own, but I've also seen us burned by pushing signings till way past when it should be, so i have to admit that ill need to see singe worthwhile signings before i throw my hard earned at the club again. It's not a position I'm happy to take but something's gotta give somewhere - so i hope they get stuff mooving soon because at this point it feels like we can't even field a full team...

FFC Mariner

I demand a good team that won't come last. How dare you release the players who got the spoon and played shit.
This thread is quickly turning into FB

nebakke

I demand a good team that won't come last. How dare you release the players who got the spoon and played shit.
This thread is quickly turning into FB

Well yes, because clearly being able to separate the qualities of individual players from the performance of the entire team is SOOOOOO Facebook...
Whereas blindly banishing the entire team and brushing every player as 'shithouse' because they performed poorly, is the way of the discerning watcher.

For mine at least, I was not so much commenting on players being let go as I was commenting on the lack of positive feedback lately and how it might impact on the Facebook segment that you might not like, but who the club needs to pay their membership fees to stay afloat.

Tevor

Other than the Roar not many other teams are confirming many new players mostly just re-signings and releases. I’ve committed and happy to wait and see. Focus on the WC then watch who we sign.

MrCelery

For the duration, I'm giving up following this Mariners side and will focus instead on following the Mariners team playing in the World Cup.
Once that is over, hopefully, there will be some new signings that will excite us.

Reactions: adz

Gratis

As I said in the other thread we have money, squad spaces, a decent coach and time.
To me that's a positive position to be in.
Players won't be looking at a spooning team but at a new squad under a coach with a reputation - it will appeal to some.
I'm not going to start worrying until I see who we sign. If they're all youth, NPL and offcuts then I'll join the general despondency then.
Until that happens (and hoping it won't) I actually feel there is reason to hope.
I realise I may be disappointed but then that's the idea of hope - I hope I won't be!

TedShot

If I renew it won’t be until after the first five rounds. Every home game I rocked up to with pockets full of hope and flasks, only to leave disappointed and tipsy. I stopped enjoying my weekends because it was so enfuriating to see what the team was doing. I think the people who have left are all replaceable, they were all core performers in the worst team of the comp.

I really hope to renew, but I’m not going to ruin weekend after weekend next season.

I admire the resiliency of you lads that have renewed early. But gold membership money goes a long way out here in Woy Woy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred