• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2018-19 Other A-League Games

Wombat

Lost money on Brisbane and on Victory. Not good. Hopefully Arsenal smash palace and im back in front.

Offsider

Well, interesting weekend. MV being on the bottom of the table with 0 points after 2 games brings me severe happiness.

Did you not get the feeling that had Bolt gone to victory ............ he would have done a better job than Athiu and be a starter ???

There is not much difference in their game that I could see :unsure:

Big Al

Did you not get the feeling that had Bolt gone to victory ............ he would have done a better job than Athiu and be a starter ???

There is not much difference in their game that I could see :unsure:
Athiu is a pretty good talent but still not ready to start but a good impact sub

Wombat

Done your doe again. 80 odd minute equalizer

f**k it. Those French poodles were my banker bet. I also tipped a draw Scum v Everton. Chelsea was my only win it seams and I picked a draw for City v Spurs.
Disasterous weekend:fireup::fireup::fireup:

ballantyne

Why is the VAR so shit, when at the World Cup it was a great success? How can a VAR give a goal that was clearly offside (2018 GF) when the fact that it WAS offside is only ascertainable with the VAR? It make no sense.

marinermick

Why is the VAR so shit, when at the World Cup it was a great success? How can a VAR give a goal that was clearly offside (2018 GF) when the fact that it WAS offside is only ascertainable with the VAR? It make no sense.

Our referees are shit compared to World Cup referees.

Makes perfect sense.

ballantyne

Our referees are shit compared to World Cup referees.

Makes perfect sense.
That's a popular opinion, but is there any data apart from our opinions on the their terrible VAR decisions? Are there many excellent VAR decisions we forget abou? Alex Ferguson in his pomp complained about referees very frequently. Is the VAR just something fresh to complain about? How do our refs rate internationally? In what regard are refs held in other codes?
It's all very puzzling. You'd think this rich country with high participation would have plenty of good refs.

Offsider

Because the same people that the var was needed to stop them interfering with the results are the ones in charge of it’s use.:doh:

Offsider

The VAR has gone in our favour at least once this season -- that dreadful penalty call against Roar.

The var was supposed to take the uncertainty from referees making bad decisions and making the game fairer .......... but instead it is emphasising the referees discrimination.
When the commentators are left scratching their collective heads over the var getting involved or not getting involved it asks more questions than it answers.:doh:

JoyfulPenguin

Lachie Wales probably City's best player in the first half but faded as the game went on. Wellington looked very average and gave City far too much space, but City struggled to really do much with it. Pretty poor standard game apart from the wonder strikes by De Laet and Fornaroli.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami