2018-19 Other A-League Games

Discussion in 'Australian Football' started by Capn Gus Bloodbeard, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Capn Gus Bloodbeard Well-Known Member

Well, interesting weekend. MV being on the bottom of the table with 0 points after 2 games brings me severe happiness.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. MagpieMariner

MagpieMariner Well-Known Member

And Storm scored.

• Meh Meh x 1
  3. Wombat

Wombat Well-Known Member

Lost money on Brisbane and on Victory. Not good. Hopefully Arsenal smash palace and im back in front.

4. Big Al

Big Al Well-Known Member

He looked just as shocked as i was

5. Big Al

Big Al Well-Known Member

Done your doe again. 80 odd minute equalizer

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. Insertnamehere

Insertnamehere Well-Known Member

And ACL to come. Could be a tough year for them

7. Offsider

Offsider Active Member

Did you not get the feeling that had Bolt gone to victory ............ he would have done a better job than Athiu and be a starter ???

There is not much difference in their game that I could see :unsure:

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Meh Meh x 1
  8. Offsider

Offsider Active Member

Muscrap has a job in front of him sorting that lot out. Very hot and cold and I wouldn’t swap our defensive four for any of theirs ....... maybe Deng ??.

9. Big Al

Big Al Well-Known Member

Athiu is a pretty good talent but still not ready to start but a good impact sub

10. Wombat

Wombat Well-Known Member

f**k it. Those French poodles were my banker bet. I also tipped a draw Scum v Everton. Chelsea was my only win it seams and I picked a draw for City v Spurs.
    Disasterous weekend:fireup::fireup::fireup:

11. MagpieMariner

Bad luck, old son. Better luck next week.

12. ballantyne

ballantyne Active Member

Why is the VAR so shit, when at the World Cup it was a great success? How can a VAR give a goal that was clearly offside (2018 GF) when the fact that it WAS offside is only ascertainable with the VAR? It make no sense.

13. marinermick

marinermick Well-Known Member

Our referees are shit compared to World Cup referees.

Makes perfect sense.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Wombat

Wombat Well-Known Member

Have to say for the first time in 13 years we had a good ref.....what was his name?

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. ballantyne

ballantyne Active Member

That's a popular opinion, but is there any data apart from our opinions on the their terrible VAR decisions? Are there many excellent VAR decisions we forget abou? Alex Ferguson in his pomp complained about referees very frequently. Is the VAR just something fresh to complain about? How do our refs rate internationally? In what regard are refs held in other codes?
    It's all very puzzling. You'd think this rich country with high participation would have plenty of good refs.

16. Offsider

Offsider Active Member

Because the same people that the var was needed to stop them interfering with the results are the ones in charge of it’s use.:doh:

17. MagpieMariner

The VAR has gone in our favour at least once this season -- that dreadful penalty call against Roar.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Offsider

Offsider Active Member

The var was supposed to take the uncertainty from referees making bad decisions and making the game fairer .......... but instead it is emphasising the referees discrimination.
    When the commentators are left scratching their collective heads over the var getting involved or not getting involved it asks more questions than it answers.:doh:

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. JoyfulPenguin

JoyfulPenguin Well-Known Member

Lachie Wales probably City's best player in the first half but faded as the game went on. Wellington looked very average and gave City far too much space, but City struggled to really do much with it. Pretty poor standard game apart from the wonder strikes by De Laet and Fornaroli.

20. JoyfulPenguin

JoyfulPenguin Well-Known Member