• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2018-19 Other A-League Games

JoyfulPenguin

Probs got a pay cut. I heard that fox cut back heaps on their analysis, pre and post game stuff.
He seems desperate to plug any Fox bull he can which gets incredibly annoying very quickly. He seems intent on having stupid "banter" with Harper/Slater. He then proceeds to go on personal crusades that last ten minutes and cut away from the actual game when he thinks that there is some grand injustice despite it being absolutely nothing 99% of the time.

Charlie1

Just watched the Sydney Wellington game and amazed how many times Sydney fall down in the box looking for the penalty.

Rowdy

Probs got a pay cut. I heard that fox cut back heaps on their analysis, pre and post game stuff.
Fox have really fcuked over the FFA and us fans this season with the pathetic coverage of Football.

The once weekly show of in depth analysis of games, players, clubs/off- field dramas, FFA administration, Socceroo's if they had just played etc etc use to be a 1 hour show.

Now we get the 'A-League Express' 30 min show & ridiculously screened half an hour before Fri nite Pre-game shows.
- piece of shit only ran for 15 lousy mins prior to us playing WSW just gone

Then most of the Pre-game shows have been cut back to 15 to 20 min at most, with W-League stuff thrown in as well.

Thankfully, still 1 hour highlight show on Mon nites.

But I feel I'm being ripped off as a Foxtel customer as well as them ripping off the FFA, because they're the sole Media Distribution outlet to 'promote' the game.

There's less camera's being used at games than in previous years, which is diluting the product as well as having a corresponding effect on VAR decisions.
- less cameras = less angles to view of a contentious decision.

How every stadium around the League cant have a fixed bank of x3 cheap cameras at 2 metre intervals for either ends of a pitch, solely dedicated for off-sides beggars fcukn belief !!
:doh:

Thugby has cameras on sliding fcuk'n rails for close to the sideline action runs ending in trys.
- why cant we have the same, fixed to the front of the top tiers of stadiums looking down at lazy linesmen who cant keep up with play ???

The next FFA media deal needs to stipulate a dedicated channel, with xyz number of programs to be produced & screened throughout the week.

DFS - Daily Football Show podcast etc could easily be produced into a late-nite show every evening.

Players View website could put together 15 min video stories for both Mens & Womens players.

There's the plethora of archives for games from yester year's to show, with specials on the great players from the past

Proper 120 min replay of games during the week NOT the current 90min slots reduced to fit with ads, losing 10-15min.

Young Socceroo's, Young Matildas & Olyroo's playing in tournaments & qualifiers.
- I WANT TO WATCH THESE GAMES & with Simon Hill & Andy Harper giving fantastic commentary NOT bloody 'Speedy' slobering over the mic with his hand on it under the desk.

The State Federations should be included & paid seperately to have their respective NPL Leagues shown (3/4 games each round + a weekly highlights/round-up show)

W-League ALL games, again weekly highlights, round-up/analysis show with player/Coach interviews mirroring the A-League.

Fox can fill in slots with ManU, LFCTV etc like they do already now across the various Foxsports channels.

There would SHOULD be more than enough content to fill a dedicated FoxFootball Channel (AFL can keep their FoxFooty Channel, the moniker IS stupid and doesn't differentate their product to a newbie).

IF Fox aren't interested in accommodating this 'dedicated channel' ........ then the FFA should go the Optus, Netflix route.
Fcuk'em.

IMO the exclusive sole rights deals that Foxtel have had from day 1 till recently has contributed GREATLY to the stunted growth of the A-League.

Wether you have a Foxtel subscription or just go to A-League games WE ARE the paying customers and as the old adage goes:
"Give the customer what the customer wants"

..... & I want FOOTBALL, FOOTBALL, & MORE fcukn FOOTBALL !!!

:soapbox: over.

Last edited:

Tevor

Always has at least 1 brain fart a season
I think they would call that a “shart”, a fart with a follow through. See Kennedy is smart not wanting to run out of the box all the time, I just thought it was because he is slow and doesn’t read the play well.

Scotty

Ray Gatt is reporting that an A-League coach (not Merrick) could be facing sanctions over comments made after a recent match.

Rowdy

If having to judge both Rudan & Aliosi of their comments, I would think Rudan's were much more 'critical' of the Ref's ... as well as the FFA in NOT wanting Wellington in the comp blah blah.

The latter issue the fines dont they ? :cool:

Offsider

Da Silva scored anice goal against Perth.

Pity he didn’t want to stay .......... Mulvey could have made him into a great right back or goalkeeper.

Big Al

Da Silva scored anice goal against Perth.

Pity he didn’t want to stay .......... Mulvey could have made him into a great right back or goalkeeper.
Rumors of Caceras going to SFC as well because City need to replace a player to fit in Baccas who is only an injury replacement and Joyce likes him.

Would be a wierd pick up for SFC considering they have DeSilva not getting much time. Presume would be cover for the ACL

Tevor

Did my ass on their stupidity. 2.60 was too tempting. You can't be losing home games if you want to win the competition
No one is near Victory at the moment, Glory are good enough to beat most teams even when not playing well which is what they’ve done so far other than last night. They will be up there at the end but Popa might fall short again for the big prize.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred