• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2017 FFA Cup Round of 32 vs Blacktown City away.

BaysideMariner

Another clueless muppet. Please Paul Okon don't follow your predecessors.
Your inability to change it up early enough really makes me angry.
Followed by hearing you scream out during the entire game to the players. (Did you not explain their role to them before the game?)
I wanted a good experience yet all I can see is a repeat of last year.
If you need to repeat what you have coached the team during the game then either they aren't good enough or you aren't.

scottmac

Suspended
Tom should have stayed on with DDS replacing either Hoole (who I thought was ok) or Appiah and maybe Budgie for Bingham. But should have been done at 75 when we had all the ball and no urgency.
Roux can not be captian. He was extremely poor tonight and really shut or attack down with turn overs and bad options.

On the positive Tom and Brama will destroy the midfield with DDS in front.

Last edited:

scottmac

Suspended
Blacktown really understrength tonight too.
Looking forward im still excited about this season and the team we've put together. This loss doesnt really say much other than Blacktown are good and at their peak.
I'm worried about the the lack of wide players at the back to force Roux and Rose to step up. In saying that Rose played well and had good combinations with Hoole and Pain.
I dont see many goals in our team unless Asdrubal can click. Id really like to see another winger or forward signed and ASAP. I dont think we can wait till January. Bingham is not improving and he's been seriously lucky to get another year IMO.

Wombat

We were shit.
Poor coaching.
Pearce is simply shit. Reasonable keeper for youth...thats it. Okon and the worlds most under-qualified keeper coach Nash should hang there heads.
Roux.....average.
Rose.....better than Roux
Baro...good
Golec...very mixed game, always looks likely to give away a pen. Poor Coaching by Okon to start him in front of Rowles.
Tom Dutchy...mostly good
McGing....mostly a mug but worked hard
Hoole.....lots of promise
Pain....disappointing
Bingham...rubbish
Appiah....some good stuff and some trash. The goal was brilliant but he gifted them the winning goaL.

Pearce, McGing,Appiah and Bingham are not HAL standard. And the jury is out on Roux and Pain.

BaysideMariner

We were shit.
Poor coaching.
Pearce is simply shit. Reasonable keeper for youth...thats it. Okon and the worlds most under-qualified keeper coach Nash should hang there heads.
Roux.....average.
Baro...good
Golec...very mixed game, always looks likely to give away a pen. Poor Coaching by Okon to start him in front of Rowles.
Tom Dutchy...mostly good
Pain....disappointing
Bingham...rubbish
Appiah....some good stuff and some trash. The goal was brilliant but he gifted them the winning goaL.

Pearce, McGing,Appiah and Bingham are not HAL standard. And the jury is out on Roux and Pain.
Great analysis. You missed the coach's substitutions.
He is the one to be blamed.

Wombat

Tom should have stayed on with DDS replacing either Hoole (who I thought was ok) or Appiah and maybe Budgie for Bingham. But should have been done at 75 when we had all the ball and no urgency.
Roux can not be captian. He was extremely poor tonight and really shut or attack down with turn overs and bad options.

On the positive Tom and Brama will destroy the midfield with DDS in front.

Roux is NOT a Captain's arsehole.

Paul makes himself look stupid selecting him.

BaysideMariner

Where is the anger??

FFS, who watched the game and thought that they were happy with the way we played?

Not even talking about the result.

Coach

We were shit.
Poor coaching.
Roux.....average.
Baro...good
Tom Dutchy...mostly good
Pain....disappointing
Bingham...rubbish

Take a deep breath, I almost completely agree with you with a few small tweeks, Golec is a draft horse,Tom is class, i am concerned with his physicality but that's not particularly important. Okon, selections, substitutions poor.

pjennings

This is the team I picked yesterday

------------Pearce--------
Roux----Baro-------Rowles----Rose
---------Tommy-----Liam-------
--------------Hoole----------
Appiah-------Bingham-------Pain

I went with Pearce over Glover simply because he has played with the team. In retrospect that seems a poor choice but FFS why does he have to make the same mistake for the first goal that Izzo repeatedly made. Can't he learn from others mistakes.

Roux was poor and as scottmac said I think Adelson will prove to be the better right back this year.
Baro looked okay.
Golec struggled in the centre where I had Rowles. That seemed to be a strange selection because I have only seen him at LB in pre-season.
Similar with McGing over Liam. Jake has been played at RB and worries me whenever he is centrally. Gave away a lot of ball and the foul that led to the first goal.
Tommy a step up on his teammates, makes me wonder how good Brama will be.
Hoole good in patches, bad in others.
Pain - tried hard and combined well with Josh at times, still needs more end product.
Appiah, tried hard and got a couple
Bingham - really needs to step up this year.

Blacktown got away with a bit, but really that is no excuse. We had control of the game at 2-2 and just settled back and thought it was going to happen. Tommy should have stayed on and McGing hooked.

All in all a disappointing night. The only shining light is the fact that most of our recent acquisitions (our spine) were really not involved. Come the first round the team may be markedly different.

------------Glover--------
Roux----Baro----Rowles----Rose
--------Tommy-----Brama------
-------------DDS----------
Appiah------Asdrúbal-------Hoole

scottmac

Suspended
Where is the anger??

FFS, who watched the game and thought that they were happy with the way we played?

Not even talking about the result.
We had nearly 70% of the ball and not much end product. That's down to quality. I'd we play like that with better cattle we win. We probably still cop goals but we score more.
Im still excited for the season and thin I it will be miles better than last.

Wombat

Take a deep breath, I almost completely agree with you with a few small tweeks, Golec is a draft horse,Tom is class, i am concerned with his physicality but that's not particularly important. Okon, selections, substitutions poor.

Lol.
Whats not to disagree with.?
Now your golden boy left back has left us i expect us to agree on most things.

Gratis

We were slow out of the blocks.

2nd half we dominated until the 2nd goal then took the foot off the pedal. Had we continued playing the way we were we'd have won.

Key difference was two things - 1. a lot of non-starting 11 players. Bingham, Pearce, McGing in particular. Basic errors.
2. relatively new team, little synchronicity or knowledge of each other yet, lacking match fitness. Versus a top team at its peak (admittedly NPL).

Full preseason, bring in Glover, Brama, Asdrubal, DDS - there's a big step forward right there.

I thought Hoole showed some real quality, Baro great, and was happy to see Rose making great runs and decisions. Hiariej is class and as has been said Baro, Brama, Hiariej, DDS, Asdrubal is a potent and capable spine. Then we have tonnes of speed out wide.

It wasn't the right formula on the night but we have a heap of improvement to come and I'm still pretty excited for the potential of the season ahead.

Disappointing result but way too early to be getting pessimistic

Wombat

We were shit.
Poor coaching.
Roux.....average.
Baro...good
Tom Dutchy...mostly good
Pain....disappointing
Bingham...rubbish

TB...please tell me what you disagree with and who you were happy with??

true believer

i'll definitely be writing my rap tomorrow .
disappointed yes , but not the end of the world , as rumors have been sugested

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred