• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2011/2012 Player thread

Muppet

I hope not and I doubt Arnie would let this happen. Wilko was offered a substantial contract last season to play in China and he turned it down to come back and play for the Mariners. I can't see much changing. We are a shoe in for the finals and we have the ACL coming up why would he leave?

garlo

Massive talk up for wilko on fox sports fc ! On a side note for people talking about Mooy ..just bought him for my mariners side on FIFA ..very good replacement for musty ;) haha

garlo

Mel made a great point about us suffering for our success ..very good point ..lost Simon, always rumours about others and of course musty leaving ...honestly Ryan and Bernie shouldn't be too far away from securing a contract os ..so true

Thanks Roy haha he's goes well !

Marquee

Jets interested in Musialik as a replacement for Wehrman. GVE was watching the Mariners vs Heart NYL game today where Musialik played the full game.

Marquee

We really need to start re-signing our stars. Bernie is not coming off contract though so don't know what the scummers are playing at.

From SMH....

Meanwhile, another African-born former refugee, Central Coast Mariners striker Bernie Ibini-Isei, is fast becoming hot property in the transfer market. His representatives met Newcastle Jets yesterday. Ibini-Isei, who came through the Earlwood Wanderers club, is also being courted by Sydney FC.

Perth Glory are also working to rebuild their squad, although the uncertain future of coach Ian Ferguson is complicating dealings. Glory owner Tony Sage has made it a priority to recruit more home-grown players, and Mariners duo Rostyn Griffiths and Trent Sainsbury - who grew up in Perth - are early targets.
Read more: http://www.smh.com.a...l#ixzz1j3ygIvVD

Roy Law

Bernie still under contract - no chance of him going; we could let Musialik go but not for Wehrman? Lots of rumours about our players - if they don't go overseas why would they go anywhere else? The Mariners are not only succesful they have the ACL this year plus every chance next year too - those Russians had better hurry up with some coin!Hope GVE wasn't after Mitchell Duke...

Muppet

If GVE wants Musialik he can have him. I would be more concerned if rumours are true that Wilko could be the next player to transfer out of the club. It was demonstrated at the start of the season that we could not win without him. I know he was offered a substantial contract to remain in China last year which he knocked back. But the question is how long does he resist or does the club move to extract some investment out of him. His loss would have a far greater impact that Matt Simon leaving.

We could cope with Trent leaving, Rostyn I'm not so sure. Granted that Hutch is having his best season I would still prefer Rostyn in the midfield. I think that the attractions of home may be too much.

Onto Bernie, I believe he has another year on his contract. Personally I think he would stay with us than head up the road to bogan central. Why play for a club that is floundering on the park. He gets game time with us, gets to experience the ACL and finals series and has a great mentor in Arnie. It also places him in a much better frame to get a contract overseas. Enough said.

I hope that they are also working to tie up Matt Ryan for a few more years and looking to bring Mitchell Duke over the a senior players contract.

Roy Law

The Wehrman thing is probably agents trying to structure a deal. The Jets don't want him; they would prefer to replace him with local boy Musialik who I think the Mariners would happily let go. The only obscure way that I can see us wanting Wehrman is if we lost Wilko - Griff would go to CB with Wehrman coming in for him at DM.Can't really see that happening.And i definitely can't sede the Mariners, having lost Matty, coughing up their best striker to any A League rival.

Roy Law

I feel better now - http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/centralcoastmariners/- Wilko not going anywhere

Muppet

The Wehrman thing is probably agents trying to structure a deal. The Jets don't want him; they would prefer to replace him with local boy Musialik who I think the Mariners would happily let go. The only obscure way that I can see us wanting Wehrman is if we lost Wilko - Griff would go to CB with Wehrman coming in for him at DM.Can't really see that happening.And i definitely can't sede the Mariners, having lost Matty, coughing up their best striker to any A League rival.

Forget about Wehrman. Don't want some old hack

MrCelery

Mariners say Musialik not for sale

BY ROBERT DILLON (Newcastle Herald)
12 Jan, 2012 04:00 AM

NEWCASTLE’S hopes of signing Stuart Musialik as replacement for Kasey Wehrman nosedived yesterday when Central Coast coach Graham Arnold declared he had no intention of releasing the midfield playmaker.

‘‘Stuey’s not for sale,’’ Arnold told the Newcastle Herald yesterday.

‘‘At the end of the day, we do our recruiting before the season, not halfway through the season.

‘‘So Stuey’s not for sale, and I’ve made that clear to him, and he also doesn’t want to leave.

‘‘So that’s 100per cent the end of the story.’’

Musialik emerged as a transfer-window target for Newcastle coach Gary van Egmond, whose relationship with Wehrman has deteriorated spectacularly in recent weeks.

The Jets hope to negotiate a release for Wehrman in the next few days so he can depart amicably, but the 34-year-old insists he will not rush into a decision.

He is at long odds, however, to play for Newcastle again, leaving van Egmond with a significant void to fill in the engine room.

Musialik, the Adamstown Rosebud junior who left Newcastle for Sydney in 2008 after winning the A-League grand final under van Egmond, shaped as a potentially perfect fit.

Unwanted after three seasons in Sydney, Musialik was a free agent until he was thrown a lifeline by Arnold just weeks before the season kicked off.

He signed a deal that takes him through until the end of Central Coast’s Asian Champions League campaign but, after an injury-disrupted start to the season, he is still waiting to make his A-League debut for Newcastle’s derby rivals.

Van Egmond and Newcastle’s coaching staff travelled to Pluim Park, Lisarow, on Tuesday to watch the 26-year-old playing for Central Coast’s youth league team against Melbourne Heart.

But Arnold left no doubt that Musialik would feature in his plans later in the season, especially when the Mariners are depleted by Olyroos commitments.

‘‘We’ve rebuilt Stuey from the injuries he had down in Sydney, and we’ve put a lot of work into him off the field,’’ Arnold said.

Muppet

Lets face it GVE man management skills are being shown what they are for and I think that the club will have difficulties attracting decent players as a result of him. Never know money talks but in speaking with some of my friends who are Jests fans there is not a lot of love for him or the team at present.

Golly

He played nyl on Friday
So prob just getting some match fitness to be available for either heart or reds games

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred