• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2011/2012 Player thread

tsd

from the australian the other day

"GRAHAM Arnold believes he has the players at the Central Coast to cover for the loss of key striker Matt Simon following his move to South Korea.

Arnold has singled out Mitchell Duke, 20, who scored on debut against the Gold Coast back in February, as the player with the potential to be Simon's long-term replacement.

"The kid has been in our youth system for three seasons and I've got a huge rap on him," Arnold said. "I'd rather promote from within than go overseas for an expensive second-rate replacement."

Duke, a Blacktown City product, also had a spell with the Parramatta Eagles club before being lured to the Mariners by former coach Lawrie McKinna."

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/sport/dukes-the-heir-apparent-after-simons-korea-move/story-fn63e0vj-1226233565266

Kareem

I like to see Arnie planning for the future.

Simon -> Duke
Amini -> Tom Rogic

:postcount:

And others I'd like to see (1-2 years time though)
Hutch -> Oates

Also
Rose -> McDonald (if we can manage to keep him for 3 years +, coz Rose has that long at least)

What about CB's?

And ofcourse Kwabena just to give us a new dimension altogether!

PS. Anyone have any idea about Jordan Farina? Is he an official youth team player now?

Kareem

Sorry
I like Hearfield 10x more than McBreen
but I agree with Ted...He will most likely start McBreen and use Hearfield for impact
Especially with the signing of young Rojas! (I'd rather get the best out of Bernie)
It's good to finally have several pacey options
:D.

Roy Law

And Arnie tips Mitchell Duke to step up http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/sport/dukes-the-heir-apparent-after-simons-korea-move/story-fn63e0vj-1226233565266

12th player

This is my first post.I've just moved up here from sydney in november last year and as a football mad supporter I've chosen to follow and support the mariners.I have an 11 yr old son who plays football and have been taking him to most of the mariners games at bluetongue.We'll be there on wednesday night to watch MS play his final game for the mariners.He'll be hard to replace but from what I've seen there is a lot of talent in the youth team that could well be up to the task.I've watched 4 of the nyl games at pluim park and there are at least 4 plyrs that are capable of playing in the a-league.I was very impressed with the strikers M.Duke,Kwabena both have pace to play in that spot.I also liked a central defender who was on the bench for the seniors don't know his name,he's got strength and comes out playing the ball to the feet of team mates.In the midfield there was this number 6 who has a beautiful touch,great vision and good work rate can't remember his name either.There isn't enough money to spend,Arnie is a smart coach and likes to promote young talent.

nomad

Hearfield's my pick for replacing Simon. His physicality (very strong at winning the ball back from the opposition) and speed are better than Mcbreen's and his first touch against the Gold Coast was exceptional.

Roy Law

welcome 12th player; the no 6 in the NYL is almost certainly Anthony Caceres whose brother Adrian played briefly with the Mariners (and Perth and Welly)- he was one of the most skilful players the competition has ever seen but didn't quite fulfill his potential. Hopefully Anthony has the skills but also the drive.

Wombat

Hearfield's my pick for replacing Simon. His physicality (very strong at winning the ball back from the opposition) and speed are better than Mcbreen's and his first touch against the Gold Coast was exceptional.

Hearfield is not a striker, even though Arnie has been giving him little cameos up there.

I,d start with McBreen. He has been in great form lately. If he doesn't score goals then Kwassie or Hearfield can get a run.

nomad

According to his bio on the FFA player webpage he is/was a striker.

"Originally a striker, one of Hearfield’s key attributes now is his flexibility to be deployed in a number of positions on the pitch."

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/centralcoastmariners/players/Troy-Hearfield/1220

Marquee

Was a striker / attacking mid at Newcastle and Herbert used him as a RB at Wellington. Played ~70 games there so easy to think he is a defender.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred