• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2011/2012 Player thread

dibo

Gets him through to the end of the Champions League group stage but leaves him a free agent for next season- it's not that weird, really.

Muppet

Gets him through to the end of the Champions League group stage but leaves him a free agent for next season- it's not that weird, really.

True but that's I what I thought Musty was loaned back to us for. It seems to me as money for nothing.

bikinigirl

True but that's I what I thought Musty was loaned back to us for. It seems to me as money for nothing.

. taster on both sides of the equation?

. would assume it is not 'that' much money ... and we have a very busy coupla months ahead (and the squad has been shrinking)

. also the ownership structure is still unresolved

Muppet

So the sun rises, we are top of the league on an 11 run unbeaten run and Matt has now ridden off into the sunset. What next? Who replaces Matt who in some respects has been the engine that drives the Mariners.

To me an obvious choice would be Hearfield. Fast, precocious and with some skill to boot. But can he sustain the line and step into Matt's shoes sufficiently? What about McBreen? For all his faults he is a good target man who has banged in some handy goals. To my mind he is better playing in the position where he is now. And Kwas? Has not been seen for a while but is now apparently 100% fit. Second highest goalscorer for the club behind Matt and always seems to bang in the big one's when needed. There is also some guy called Mitchell Duke playing in the Youth who has a nose for goal. Choices...choices.....

Thoughts anyone? And no not Marvin. He needs to stay off the pies and get some match fitness.

scottmac

Suspended
I think Arnie has made it quite clear it will be Hearfield and that Duke/Kwasnik will be the back up plan. It seems to me that Rogic will be Arnies 2nd choice for the #10 once he gets up to speed and Mcbreen will fill the gaps.

bikinigirl

. mcbreen had a number of opportunities to state his case last night ... but couldn't hit the target ... so you are right muppet - he is better where he is

. scottmac, i think you are right ... will be interesting to see how bernie & troy work together - both kwas and macbreen could be used on occasion if required. the changes to the starting line-up last night were perfect for the circumstances so i wouldn't rule out a bit of chop'n'change to suit the circumstances

. rogic could very well be the long term replacement for ronnie ... but that is a big call at the moment i reckon (perhaps part of the reason for the short, initial, contract)

Roy Law

A fit and firing Kwas will bring a lot to the squad - he was a stand out in the GF; I expect Arnie to rotate between Bernie, Heafield and Kwas with McBreen only occasionally filling in and Duke to slowly be given his chance

style_cafe

Hearfield & Bernie for the moment with Duke playing cameo roles...

Kwassies days with us are numbered due to his inconsistency( unless he re-invents himself like McBreen), I think Arnies patience with Kwassie will really be tested.

McBreen`s front line days are probably 2 seasons out of date.He is useful though as a back up 10.

As a roughie we could always throw Rose forward...

Wombat

I prefer Kwas to Hearfield as a forward.
But I think we need a real frontline striker to partner Bernie and we don't have one. I've only seen Duke play once but was suitably impressed so while it would be an incredibly young and inexperienced pairing....it could be very exciting.

scottmac

Suspended
. rogic could very well be the long term replacement for ronnie ... but that is a big call at the moment i reckon (perhaps part of the reason for the short, initial, contract)

The guy would be at Reading if it wasn't for visa issues. I think the short term is so that he can get back to England ASAP. Arnie said in the post match that he is expected to be making starts before the year is out.

MagpieMariner

What's doing with Musialik? Haven't heard a dicky bird about him for ages. Is he still with us or have we quietly let him go?
I must admit I don't rate him, and I can't think who he might replace in the first team (or the Yoof for that matter) so if we still have him, why?

scottmac

Suspended
Musalik is lining up for the youth in their first game of 2012 which will be his first game in a long time. So is Kwassie for that matter.

shipwreck

Musialik was at Soccer5s last night with the Mariners vs Competition Winners 5 a side game, looked fit and sharp but still has no chance of breaking into the first team any time soon! Only chance I can see is Hutch suspended for yellow cards/Rostyn injured and Bozanic away for olympic duty..

Muppet

Musialik was at Soccer5s last night with the Mariners vs Competition Winners 5 a side game, looked fit and sharp but still has no chance of breaking into the first team any time soon! Only chance I can see is Hutch suspended for yellow cards/Rostyn injured and Bozanic away for olympic duty..

Yeah I was at the Soccer 5's last night and was surprised to see the lads there. Kudo's to them all. Made one little kids day. He was there to watch his father play all decked out in his Mariners gear and the players turn up. It was priceless. No airs and graces. Olly was fantastic and actually started a conversation with me out of the blue as I was walking to the fields. This is what I like about our club with it's not dic@&eads policy.

I can't see Musialik making the first team except when we hit the heavy schedule of games involving both the ACL and A League games. Also when the others get called up for Olympic duty (providing they make it) that's when we will see these fringe players being used. I just hope they are with the game plan when they step onto the pitch.

MagpieMariner

Rostyn has more chance of suspension for yellows than Hutch - Rostyn currently has four, not sure about Hutch, think it's only 3.
After the first 5 cards, how many more for a second suspension?

marinermick

Coast-FM got the scoop last night on-air when Tony Walmsly said that Carceras has been signed for the extended ACL squad,

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred