• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2009 Confederations Cup

Ben

then brazil socre again, its 11 mins and the score is 2-1. very entertaining game and looks like there will be alot of goals

Kareem

Aceventura19 said:
what an awesome game, egypt really held their own against brazil. Zidan was great
i would say 2nd half we did more than hold our own...we were on top
I have never seen Egypt play like this

NB: we had comparisons to Brazil in the style we played...but never could i think we would be able to beat them at their own game for 30-40 mins

I am on cloud 9 today...I dont care we lost- to watch that type of football be played is something I am so proud to see

Why do the teams I support have 2 problems (Egypt + Mariners)
1) Set freaking pieces- arrrgghhhh  :fireup:
2) Teams are highly capable of passing the ball around and creating good attacking plays (egypt moreso) but their coach still likes them to whack in long balls....arrrghhhh  :fireup:

Oh and 2nd fully international tournament in a row that my team loses to a penalty in stoppage time :p
although was pretty obvious
What made the ref change his mind? (he signalled for a corner)

And lol at GVE commenting on the gamesmanship of the guy who got sent off...i was like- you would know with Griffo  :yellowcard:

Kareem

And Zidan...What is with Zidan/Zidane's who play against Brazil...:p
If he puts in at least another good performance- i would love to see him get transferred to a big league- a bit inconsistent though
but he has speed, dribbling, technique, scoring ability

He has played for a few teams though, Mainz, Werder Bremen, Hamburg, Dortmund
Was linked to Fulham last year (Egyptian owener- suprise suprise)
And I believe he dreams to play for Madrid (aas well as Man Utd or liverpool)
Come on madrid, spend some money on him :p
He even scored in Emirates cup against madrid last year (top corner chip over casillas)
And he is slow + crap on Fifa (like 70 i think)
Oh and his hometown club of Al-Masry (in Egypt)(midtable) dropped him when he was 16 because perceived lack of passing ability
great decision  :vhappy:

i think 10 mill could get him to EPL (madrid wont buy him coz we only buy payers 20 mill +  :naughty: )

Btw- has an awesome scoring record vs Bayern Munich

MattSimon

http://www.smh.com.au/news/sport/football/goals-galore-and-controversy-as-brazil-italy-triumph/2009/06/16/1244918015808.html

Egypt claimed English referee Howard Webb changed a last-minute decision from a corner to a penalty before a 30,000 crowd after fourth official Australian Matthew Breeze checked video evidence.

Television replays showed substitute Ahmed al-Muhamadi handling a Lucio tap on the line and he received a red card after recovering from injury before Kaka calmly stroked the ball past Essam al-Hadary into the corner of the net.

"Since when do the regulations say it is a penalty based on the monitors or on the television?," asked Pharaohs deputy coach Shawky Gharib. "Egypt is going to file a complaint against the penalty."

Breeze strikes again

Kareem

wow
Breeze
wat a...
you cant break the rules...
I am one of the biggest advocates for video usage in these situations
becauses
a) its a stoppage
b) it's a game deciding decision
but as long as it is not allowed he cant break the rules, and fix it
i wonder if it was the opposite (ie. egypt attacking)- would he have made the call?
Egypts complaints might not be  seen as substantial as Brazils , a world power (similar thoughts to Italy vs Australia...)
but in a pointless tournament...I wont be in days of depression. I ahve now known for 30 mins, and I am almost over it :p (took me days to get over the Italy saga)

Tassiemariner

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Ok i retract my previous statement, i now 100% care about confed cup now that i know i can see Matthew Breeze cock-up during the off season :D

serious14

I f*cking knew it..... the incident happened last night, Webb then gave a corner (mistake #1).  The replay was then shown on the screen (mistake #2) because you could hear the crowd reacting, THEN Webb gave the penalty (mistake #3).

Is this not grounds to have the game replayed??

Arabmariner

serious14 said:
I f*cking knew it..... the incident happened last night, Webb did nothing.  The replay was then shown on the screen (mistake #1) because you could hear the crowd reacting, THEN Webb gave the penalty (mistake #2).

If it's replayed it won't be 4-3 the next time..... ;)

They'd be better off just staying quiet.......they'll have a better goal difference that way!

Kareem

Arabmariner said:
serious14 said:
I f*cking knew it..... the incident happened last night, Webb did nothing.  The replay was then shown on the screen (mistake #1) because you could hear the crowd reacting, THEN Webb gave the penalty (mistake #2).

They'd be better off just staying quiet.......they'll have a better goal difference that way!
how can you replay in a tournament?
I know some Aussie suggested that if ended up losing Croatia game due to 3 card simunic- that we would have appealed for a replay

Arabmariner

Kareem said:
Arabmariner said:
serious14 said:

how can you replay in a tournament?
I know some Aussie suggested that if ended up losing Croatia game due to 3 card simunic- that we would have appealed for a replay
Don't know.

But just on that subject.....what would happen if all group games finished 0-0 ?  :popcorn:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred