• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

2009 Confederations Cup

tuftman

More or less the dress rehearsal for next years World Cup, contested by the winners of each confederations previous cup, the host nation, and the winner of the previous World Cup

Group One
South Africa, Iraq, South Africa, Spain

Group Two
Brazil, Italy, Egypt, USA

Top 2 progress to Semi's

Whose your pick? top scorer, player of the tournament etc

I'm going Spain to win, David Villa for the golden boot, Xabi Alonso for player of the tournament..basically a Spanish cleansweep

Kareem

This is formt used on goal.com

Winners: Spain
Runners-Up: Brazil
Semi Finalists: Italy, Iraq???
Group Stages: South Africa, New Zealand, Egypt, United States
Top Scorer: David Villa
Player of the Tournament: Xavi
Flop of the Tournament: Luca Toni
Most Attractive Team: Spain
Most Boring Team: Italy

serious14

Player of the Tournament: Iniesta
Golden Boot: Someone Spanish, probably Villa

Simple, really.  Spain are going to severely punish all and sundry.  If they play Brazil in the final it is going to be _seeeeeeexxxxxxxxxyyyyyyyyy_.

dibo

Brazil are on the rack at home for playing dull, negative, results focussed football.

Sound familiar?

I hope in Melbourne next week they're singing "It's just like watching Brazil..."

serious14

dibo said:
Brazil are on the rack at home for playing dull, negative, results focussed football.

Sound familiar?

A 4-0 spanking of Uruguay away from home, and their press is disappointed??  I shudder to think what they'd say about us....

David Votoupal

Brazil haven't truly lived up to the "jogo bonito" tag since about 1986 anyway. When Socrates and Zico left the international scene things were never the same.

Kareem

serious14 said:
Player of the Tournament: Iniesta
Iniesta is out...
sorry
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/feedarticle/8542960
thats only reason he aint going to be player of tournament
seriously- if he was playing, he would be unstoppable

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/feedarticle/8542960 (just one article stating his injury- but this one clearly says for the whole tournament (+ who will replace him)

Kareem

midfielder said:
Anyone going for the Sheepshaggers just to show off the A-League
seems reminiscent of the Jets question...
we sucked last confeds cup- so i guess no...they would show us up  ::)

so far it seems a 60-40 split for who will take 2nd spot in Group A (random peoples opinions ;))
60% SA, 40% Iraq
In one way I am goign fro iraq (I cant stand SA)
but I wouldnt actually mind SA as I enjoy seeing a competitive host nation particularly in the world cup (more so than Confeds Cup)

Atomic

I actually have a bit of  soft spot for Iraq. After talking to the Iraqi man beside me at the Olyroos qualifier against Iraq at BT, he told me how much football meant to his people. They have experienced so much sorrow, they need to have something to rejoice in. He was a journo, taking notes to write up a match review. It was quite an eye opener and on a personal note has helped me to view certain things in life with a slightly different perspective.

jarrad

Runners-Up: Brazil
Semi Finalists: Italy, NZ
Group Stages: South Africa, Iraq, Egypt, United States
Top Scorer: Fernando Torres
Player of the Tournament: Xabi Alonso
Flop of the Tournament: Luca Toni
Most Attractive Team: Spain
Most Boring Team: Italy

jarrad

This game is absolutely epic. Less than 30 minutes in and spain are up at 4-0.
Torres x3
Fabregas.

It's an absolute demolition.

Kareem

well I am going for Egypt (suprise :p)
i think if good egypt turns up we could snatch a point of big 2 (Italy + Brazil)...however if it is bad Egypt, then we will manage to lose to USA by 2 goals which will be known as our 'best' performance of tournament :p (ie. Brazil + Italy will kill us)

Ben

Kareem said:
i think if good egypt turns up we could snatch a point of big 2 (Italy + Brazil)...however if it is bad Egypt, then we will manage to lose to USA by 2 goals which will be known as our 'best' performance of tournament :p (ie. Brazil + Italy will kill us)
I really like egypt but they have a very tough group and doubt they will get anything from italy and brazil but I hope they can step up against USA. get someone to tell them its the african cup cause they only do well there

Kareem

Aceventura19 said:
Kareem said:
I really like egypt but they have a very tough group and doubt they will get anything from italy and brazil but I hope they can step up against USA. get someone to tell them its the african cup cause they only do well there
rofl- too true...well there is a trophy...they are playing in Africa- anything is possible :p
i expect 3-1 loss to Brazil tonight

tbh if we lose all 3 matches and get humiliated I dont care as long as we do an Australia and recover and qualify for world cup (ie. Australia getting embarrassed by Tunisia and then movign on from there- although there was the Hiddink factor)
How on earth can you be the best team in Africa- and not qualify for the World Cup...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred