• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The end is nigh - impending doom - Moss out etc thread

the end is nigh and Moss is to blame

• yes

Votes: 35 57.4%
  • no

Votes: 20 32.8%
  • fence

Votes: 6 9.8%

• Total voters

elevated position

Mark Rudan has been spotted at the last couple of home games either checking out players or Coaching position?

Possibly Moss's problems start with the fact that every player that he coaches has played at a higher level than himself.

nebakke

I think Mossy is a pretty good tactition (though over complicates things a bit) but seems to be lacking in the man management part of things. Not sure if that will improve in time. He's still an inexperienced head coach at this level and Sully too as assistant. What worries me is he isn't getting the best out of players and all the chopping and changing is not helping. This will be a rebuilding year and if we can swap 2 or 3 players in Jan then maybe we can sneak into the 6 and have a crack. I can't fathom how we have bought in 3 imports that looked pretty good pedigree and none of them are starting. Whats gone wrong? Scouting? Man management? Tactics?
Who could we get in to improve things though at short notice? McKain? Iffill? McBreen and Wilko? :)

I think a Wilko would be an excellent start... I get the feeling that half our problem is the CBs. We've never been the type of team to score ridiculous amounts of goal - except for on the rare occasions - but we've been a winning side because there's been enough confidence in the defensive structure, for us to afford dropping the amount of opportunities we do, until we eventually hit the spot.
Now, with the amount of shuffling around back there, the CBs are faffing around and I don't think any of us or them understand wtf is going on back there... Poscaliero was starting to look good, so he was moved out to full back... I know he's probably got more pace than Rosey these days, but what happened to Morton? Wasn't he doing OK?
I haven't been able to watch the last couple of games, due to other commitments, but it feels like we're randomly shuffling the defense around right now...

dibo

For all the doom and gloom, we're a point off 6th.

We're not playing well, that's clear. Hutch blowing up when subbed is the first unambiguous sign of disharmony and a pretty bad look.

I hate the term 'crisis meeting' but there does appear to need to be a clearing of the air. Get things out in the open, get everyone on the same page, ensure that the direction forward is clear. If a change needs to be made (including personnel - playing or coaching) then that change ought to be made and then we move on.

In the past, all the crisis has been off the park. The football department has been mostly insulated from it. This is a great time for the owner to come through and provide some clear direction to show where we're heading to next and provide the support the football department needs to get this season moving forward again.

I know others are, but I'm actually *not* that worried about crowds. Our long term average is about 9,300. Adelaide draws about a thousand less than our average. Sundays draw about 600 less than our average. November games average about 500 less than our average. We're in crappy form too. Combine these factors together with a 35 degree day with a thunderstorm at the end of it and frankly I was impressed we got as many as we did (and a whole 13 more than we got against Perth!) to see us lose our third straight at home.

We're not in Gosford again until after Christmas (*GRRRR*) but we've got games on December 27 and January 4 that should draw decent crowds, plus hosting Sydney at the start of the Australia Day weekend (and they should bring some big numbers for that), plus Wanderers in our last home game. I'd be very surprised if any of those matches drew less than 10k, so we ought to be able to pull the (Gosford) season average up from its present 7600 to nearer 8500 or even 9000 (isn't that our magical break-even number?).

And after all, it's probably no bad thing that we're not in Gosford for a while if we're going to do shit like "let's pretend we've scored a goal".

localpom

This should have gone here....

I like Sydmariners posts, very entertaining. :) Anyway i am sure it is someones alias and they are just having a bloody good laugh!

dibo

I didn't (I was in the eastern stand and busy watching the game) but it's been pretty widely reported.

VicMariner

Second link came up as a subscriber only article for me.

Seems like poor form for Hutch to do that, but I don't know what was really said or what's going on.

On Foxtel the sideline reporter said:
"as Hutch walked off Moss said "Where are you going?" and Hutch replied "Just going inside for a minute". Then Hutch went and had a shower."
Something close to that anyway.
No indication of a heated exchange and no mention of Hutch later returning to the bench or not.

Luke

While the Hutch thing might not have been a great look I don't have a problem with what he did.He has seen it all in his time here.The highs and the very very lows.For him to become so frustrated and feel the need to do that says a lot about where things are at in the playing group.
A certain player tried to give some constructive criticism to Moss the other week and found himself on the bench next game,after initially being in the XI.So I don't think any other player will have the guts to say something now,except for Hutch.

Capt. Awesome

What ever was said it wasn't good. Moss said in the post match presser that what he did was unacceptable. He said Hutch was frustrated - code for he had a big dummy spit that was very disrespectful. Moss hinted at reprimanding him.

Ancient Mariner

I didn't (I was in the eastern stand and busy watching the game) but it's been pretty widely reported.

The reporting has been totally wrong. The argument on the sideline was between Bosnar and Hutch. I would have preferred Hutch to stick around and deck Bosnar but Hutch went for an early shower instead.

The only words between Moss and Hutch were "where are you going", "a shower".

Anybody watching the team should be able to work out where the dressing room problems are. The body language has been obvious. Moss is just a little slow in managing it but is beginning to act.

One is on his way, one is in the youth and the other has been left out of the team and should be demoted from the bench soon.

Please don't mind me dropping in again, but it was so obvious and people here just do not observe.

Oh and if you really want to lose a dressing room when things are tough, sign Mulvey.

shipwreck

Thanks Ancient Mariner, that was very informative. Good to have a clear view of events, the media jumped on the first chance it could to talk up a spat between player and coach...

midfielder

Mane, Sim, Kim, Bosnar, Cernak, Vernes, Poscoliero, Trifiro, these are the players we have brought in the replace, Sainsbury, weemac, Berine, Olly, Dutchie, Kawsie, Macka..

I struggle to see a new player signed who commands a first team spot... of the new boys for me, Poscoliero has been the most impressive..

This could be his undoing...

MagpieMariner

My son-in-law made a comment to Hutch over the fence about Bos after the Glory match - Hutch gave a wry grin & said "I'll pretend I didn't hear that." That fits better with Ancient Mariner's version, as does Hutch's man-hug with Mossy after the City goal.

localpom

The reporting has been totally wrong. The argument on the sideline was between Bosnar and Hutch. I would have preferred Hutch to stick around and deck Bosnar but Hutch went for an early shower instead.

The only words between Moss and Hutch were "where are you going", "a shower".

Anybody watching the team should be able to work out where the dressing room problems are. The body language has been obvious. Moss is just a little slow in managing it but is beginning to act.

One is on his way, one is in the youth and the other has been left out of the team and should be demoted from the bench soon.

Please don't mind me dropping in again, but it was so obvious and people here just do not observe.

Oh and if you really want to lose a dressing room when things are tough, sign Mulvey.
Thanks Ancient. Well, i guess Mossy is doing the right thing now but all 3 have been recruited in his watch. Hopefully the problem players move on before long if possible and we replace them with quality players who also have a a quality attitude. :)

Roy Law

Louis Van Gaal has worked wonders at Man U .....
Not one of your worst posts and i am neither a Man U or Everton fan but i cant handle the shit you come out with anymore.

Your total inability to process any constructive posts in your brain, results in you speaking utter shit every time you post on this forum. I have to say this because i am sure 99% of the other members think it but are to diplomatic to say it, you offer nothing to this forum other than millions of emoticons and total nonsense posts that nobody gives a flying f**k about.

Rant over ban me if needed, but we all know it had to be said.
I like sydmariner; I have said it before, he is part of the warp and weft of this forum, with more accent on the warp.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred