• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The end is nigh - impending doom - Moss out etc thread

the end is nigh and Moss is to blame

• yes

Votes: 35 57.4%
  • no

Votes: 20 32.8%
  • fence

Votes: 6 9.8%

• Total voters

nebakke

Who are the senior players that don't like Bosnar? My last count was Hutch, Rose and Monty.... everyone else is a kid.

Thing is, Mossy might be a bad man-manager... I honestly don't know... But if it was really a case of Bosnar being hugely unpopular amongst all of the senior players AND Bosnar being the one to push for Ando not starting, it strikes me as being odd that he would be the one that Mossy listens to... Which leads me to wonder, yet again, how much there really is to these rumours.
I means, Mossy would know too, if he's lost the room and he'd presumably be acutely aware that siding with the one guy that noone - alledgedly - likes, would be one of those things that would really nail it down so that he could never get it back... So why in the name of all that is holy, would he choose to back Bosnar?
You shouldn't let the players dictate play, Perth proved that if anything, but you also don't completely ignore them...

Still feels to me like everyone's looking for scapegoats already, ignoring whether the stories actually match ;)

Roy Law

Form an outsiders perspective I see it as Bosnar thinking he is better than any other player in the team and bigger than any club he plays for. I saw the lack of cohesion and respect from the backs at Pluim. Reddy and Bosnar, from what I could hear/see/witnessed during the game at Pluim have a mutual dislike for each other. Bosnar has this uncanny ability to isolate himself from his team mates due to arrogance and lack of respect. Even if you play in a team with your worst enemy, if you are on the same side with the same goal, you will work together with a degree of respect to reach that outcome.

Sorry not a fan....
Given no one likes Liam Reddy and no one likes Eddie Bosnar it is hardly surprising ;)

Roy Law

I agree Roy but those strong personalities are held to account by a strong captain & a formidable coach.
I have no doubt about Mossy`s coaching ability but I am in favour of Monty wearing the armband.
So Arnie has stitched us again! :):(

pjennings

There is no doubt that we are not having out greatest season - but a bit of perspective. We are travelling better in the League than the Jets, WSW, Roar and we play in the semi final of the FFA cup next week.

A good week here can define our season. A win tomorrow will move us ahead of City as well as the other three. A win midweek and we are in the inaugural FFA Cup final. Finally a win next week against City will give us a gap between us and them at 7th with a game in hand.

Dressing rooms are a problem when you are struggling. A strong week and there will be a lot more people happy in the dressing room - and on this forum. COYY:pirashoot::pirashoot::pirashoot:

Gratis

honestly I think this thread has
drifted somewhat tangentially
away from any actual
knowledge and is probably
quite a ways from reality.
personally I'm just going to see
how the next few weeks go,
enjoy a glut of Mariners games
and be positive until some
metaphoric roof goes ahead
and caves in (which I'm doubting
will actually happen)

Capt. Awesome

From what I saw today. Moss looks like he is full control. The team played well and fought for each other. No signs of discontent although I did see a pretty dejected Ando in the crowd. But why wouldn't he be. Moss has to play the best team and Posco bossed it today. Football can suck sometimes especially when you don't get picked.

Moss out??? No definitely not.

Wombat

There was a lot of talk about sacking Moss as I was walking out of the game. I kept my opinions to myself.

He really is doing himself no favours ATM but I'd give him another month.

Forum Phoenix

On the rumours. Spoke with someone today who said they spoke with the Monty and Zac.
Do I believe them? Have no reason to think they'd lie...but in my experience people are remarkably adept at seeing what they want to see, and hearing what they want to hear so was still skeptical.
But seeing a team list without Monty (or Zac again) was a surprise and seemed to at least partially bare it out.

This person stated that Eddy is being listened to because he is also the one reporting anything negative that players have to say about the coaching, so he has become trusted, and that Sully was in the thick of it.

My own thoughts based on these rumours is this...

Bosnar was always gong to upset people. He is clearly our resident psycho and was always going to be. Everyone always want the psycho on their side come time for battle... but they make for difficult and dangerous bedfellows afterwards.
It's the coaches job to make decisions. They frequently make decisions that upset players.
Would Bosnar unsubtly offer his 245 cents to coaches... that's almost a given.
Would that offend players whose expense his opinion was of. Undoubtedly.
Would assistant coach be in the thick of sorting through such issues. Assuredly.
When are these sort of things most likely to become combustible - when you lose a couple.
When do rumours of discontent start... whenever teams are not winning.

Conclusion - It' professional football as usual for the bulk of clubs.

We've largely been an exception by all accounts until now. No great mystery or conspiracy here as I see it. Some players are being dropped. Some don't like it. Love or hate Moss. That's his job. He'll rise or fall by it, and so gets to make his calls. If he loses several more games in a row, he will be almost universally condemned, and may well be ousted. If he wins the next three. All will be forgotten... for a very short while...

Last edited:

Forum Phoenix

I've ticked the box that means you can change your vote btw, so if we go 5 from 5 losses this fortnight i can join wombat on the dark side

Gold.

We can all use these for our avatars...
sith_wombat.jpg

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
I said during the pre season that they dont look like their communicating on the field and if they did, they were yelling at each other....I dunno, maybe Mossy is too nice a guy to tell these "superstars" of the HAL to boil their skulls and behave...if thats the case its gonna get worse...but sack him, and replace him with who?...Malvey, Kosmina, Aloisi...or maybe Tony Walmsley, that was mentioned on twitter the other day

style_cafe

A very interesting situation for Mossy.
If his selections are based on what`s best for the team then Bosnar will be on the bench next game & Mossy will have shown some consistency.
Bosnar was clearly crap against Perth & on that form deserves to be dropped.
Anderson then gets a recall & some sort normality returns to the dressing room.
(except for Monty?)

dibo

For the cup game, surely Monty starts and wears the armband. One (but likely not both) of Monty and Hutch will play and wear the armband against City and WSW, but not sure which. Boz surely gets a rest, and Anderson plays instead. Not sure about Pascoliero, maybe Cairncross gets a run?

Capt. Awesome

On Soccer Stoppage time last night they said:

Soccer Stoppage Time ‏@SocStoppageTime 11h11 hours ago
Stealth: "I can tell you there are about 6 players who don't rate Mossy as a coach". #SST
6 player don't rate Moss as a coach.

These guys are a bunch of WSW lovers what seem to always bag our club. One of them is also a player agent. While what they are saying is true they come across as being very one sided and biased towards players. Didn't bother talking to Moss about the issue.

midfielder

I am still on the fence however I do feel player replacements have not been of the quality that left .... and key players signed are struggling to make the first team ...

But I am reminded of a quote in a guardian article about Mark Vudka

Dunning, and his accomplice at Cornell, Justin Kruger, were awarded the 2000 Nobel Prize in Psychology for their efforts and that carried a £1m reward. I could have proved their theory after just one trip to Middlesbrough, where expectation and reality are at least 10,000 light years apart. It’s difficult to tell exactly who is stupid. It’s at times like this that I feel extremely religious.

http://www.theguardian.com/football...footballer-book-extract-fans-supporters/print

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred