• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

The end is nigh - impending doom - Moss out etc thread

the end is nigh and Moss is to blame

• yes

Votes: 35 57.4%
  • no

Votes: 20 32.8%
  • fence

Votes: 6 9.8%

• Total voters

sydmariner

so...Hutcho aint getting to the games played record first now, Danny Vukovic is gonna beat him to it....whether its Mossys fault, although he said some bollocks in four Four two, or not I dunno, but whoever thought that was a good idea is a f**ktard with no regard for service to the club....I'm over it, maybe all the members that can make it should go to training and demand Mossys sacking...or maybe I just typing whilst highly annoyed
a little from collum A a little from collum B

Roy Law

so...Hutcho aint getting to the games played record first now, Danny Vukovic is gonna beat him to it....whether its Mossys fault, although he said some bollocks in four Four two, or not I dunno, but whoever thought that was a good idea is a f**ktard with no regard for service to the club....I'm over it, maybe all the members that can make it should go to training and demand Mossys sacking...or maybe I just typing whilst highly annoyed
I reckon if it came down to minutes played Vuko would win hands down; if Hutch had come on for 30 mins or so I don't think that is worth the full 90 Vuko would likely play.
What can't be understated though is that Hutch's appearances have all been for one club.

shipwreck

Was there something more to this? It couldn't have been tactical to not use Hutch when there is a spare sub? Was it mind games to try and dictate Newcastle play by talking up Hutch all week with no intention of playing him? Was Hutch aware of the rouse if so? So many WTFs

localpom

Just another ham fisted cock up.
Thats mosses legacey.
To be fair to Mossy i'm not sure leaving Hutch out is his doing. For most of the season Hutch has played every minute available. There has definately been a change since Walmsley moved into his new role, mostly positive but i certainly didn't agree with Hutch not getting any game time. Looks like we are just planning for next season and there are some positives. We must need 3 or 4 players (injury replacements/ replacement for Dukey) and if we were looking to get into the finals and do well in the ACL surely we would have got a couple in? I think with Liam Rose they are making sure he will be ready for next year alongside Monty as Captain.I don't really have a problem blooding the kids now to give them exposure for next year and to see how they go. This Seasons gone though.

Yoda

I think the biggest issue was the CCM social media campaign prior to the match all revolved around Hutch equalling the record. "Tweet your best Hutch photos & memories to help us celebrate 10 years with @ccmariners using the hashtag #Hutch221" and sending out a media release "Hutch is set to enter the record books as the @ALeague's most capped player". Maybe the marketing team should've consulted with the coaching staff prior to running with the campaign.

soccer mad

There's nothing wrong with blooding youth ,it's great but they need to be given more time on the pitch and not treated as cameo appearances. They will make mistakes no doubt but should not be punished from week to week because the coach is feeling the pressure for results,that's why there here one week and not the next write now I'd rather be playing better football than being result driven,well at least for this year anyway just maybe a few goals can be scored we can be wrecking ball for the top 6 let's prepare for next season give the younguns a chance and valuable experience.

soccer mad

And Hutch needs to be treated with more respect .Club men are a real species these days let's not forget, who else is going to teach the youth how to really tackle.
IN HUTCH WE TRUST

Big Al

Michael Slater type problem.

That's the prob being a sub the game didn't call for hutch skills. Mossy went attacking as he should.

I think putting him on for 5 minutes would have been worse.

Timmah

To clarify - Vuka and Hutch will both equal the record this weekend provided Hutch takes the field.

Hutch will then be first to break the record (i.e. go to 222) against Adelaide next Thursday.

Timmah

I think the biggest issue was the CCM social media campaign prior to the match all revolved around Hutch equalling the record. "Tweet your best Hutch photos & memories to help us celebrate 10 years with @ccmariners using the hashtag #Hutch221" and sending out a media release "Hutch is set to enter the record books as the @ALeague's most capped player". Maybe the marketing team should've consulted with the coaching staff prior to running with the campaign.
Understandable Yoda - although all the wording in the article the club put out was "could take the field" and "has the chance to".

RE The "tweet your Hutch photos and memories" posts: these were more to help gather fan-generated content ahead of the Testimonial Luncheon this Friday.

Wombat

Just another mind f**k that is the crazy world of Mossy.
Don't try any understand it just take a toke and sit back and enjoy.

nebakke

Christ, Mossy really HAS reached a point where he can do nothing right hasn't he?... First half of the season is spent criticizing him for playing Hutch, now you're going at him for NOT playing Hutch?

dibo

Christ, Mossy really HAS reached a point where he can do nothing right hasn't he?... First half of the season is spent criticizing him for playing Hutch, now you're going at him for NOT playing Hutch?
Moss out is the conclusion, gather such evidence as required to suit.

Gratis

DESPITE calls for his sacking on social media, Mariners coach Phil Moss said he was “going nowhere’’ ahead of the club’s must-win home match against Melbourne City on Sunday.

With the team all but out of the finals race, some supporters are taking their frustration out on Moss, urging the club to end his time as head coach.

The Mariners have had great success during the 10 years of the A-League, but this campaign has been a bitter disappointment and a place in the finals is highly unlikely.

Mariners executive vice chairman Peter Storrie is the man charged with overseeing the restructure of the club.

He said on Wednesday he was “looking at the whole club’’ and could not comment further on the head coach position at this stage.

Technical director Tony Walmsley has already met with Moss and said he was looking forward to “working with Phil’’ to help get the club back to the top of the A-League. “I’m excited and optimistic we can turn things around,’’ Walmsley said.

Moss has not seen the social media storm surrounding his future. He has had a busy week preparing for the City match at Gosford.

He confirmed his desire to see out the remaining two years of his contract.

“I’m not a quitter, never have been,’’ he said. “I never run from a fight. I’ve fallen in love with the Central Coast. I love the community and the people.’’

Moss was also feeling heat this week after not playing skipper John Hutchinson for what would have been a record-equalling match for the veteran in last week’s draw against the Jets.

Asked whether Hutchinson would feature on Sunday at Central Coast Stadium Moss said: “He wants to play, but he knows my responsibility is picking a team I think will win every game we play.

“He is in calculations like every week. I’ve known him for a long time and, like everyone, I want him to go out on a good note.’’

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...poor-form-around/story-fngr8iaa-1227248644634

localpom

DESPITE calls for his sacking on social media, Mariners coach Phil Moss said he was “going nowhere’’ ahead of the club’s must-win home match against Melbourne City on Sunday.

With the team all but out of the finals race, some supporters are taking their frustration out on Moss, urging the club to end his time as head coach.

The Mariners have had great success during the 10 years of the A-League, but this campaign has been a bitter disappointment and a place in the finals is highly unlikely.

Mariners executive vice chairman Peter Storrie is the man charged with overseeing the restructure of the club.

He said on Wednesday he was “looking at the whole club’’ and could not comment further on the head coach position at this stage.

Technical director Tony Walmsley has already met with Moss and said he was looking forward to “working with Phil’’ to help get the club back to the top of the A-League. “I’m excited and optimistic we can turn things around,’’ Walmsley said.

Moss has not seen the social media storm surrounding his future. He has had a busy week preparing for the City match at Gosford.

He confirmed his desire to see out the remaining two years of his contract.

“I’m not a quitter, never have been,’’ he said. “I never run from a fight. I’ve fallen in love with the Central Coast. I love the community and the people.’’

Moss was also feeling heat this week after not playing skipper John Hutchinson for what would have been a record-equalling match for the veteran in last week’s draw against the Jets.

Asked whether Hutchinson would feature on Sunday at Central Coast Stadium Moss said: “He wants to play, but he knows my responsibility is picking a team I think will win every game we play.

“He is in calculations like every week. I’ve known him for a long time and, like everyone, I want him to go out on a good note.’’

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...poor-form-around/story-fngr8iaa-1227248644634
Interesting. Seems at the moment Walmsley is lending Mossy a hand and they obviously see something in him as a coach otherwise he would have gone by now. He has had a pretty steep learning curve after coming in for Arnie, yes has made mistakes but that is part of the learning process. Hopefully he can prove the doubters wrong but if not he will go the same way any coach who isn't getting results.

nearlyyellow

Interesting. Seems at the moment Walmsley is lending Mossy a hand and they obviously see something in him as a coach otherwise he would have gone by now. He has had a pretty steep learning curve after coming in for Arnie, yes has made mistakes but that is part of the learning process. Hopefully he can prove the doubters wrong but if not he will go the same way any coach who isn't getting results.
You think? It's probably the hardest thing ever getting someone in to take over "the poisoned chalice", in sport, politics, business or anything. And that's only if you believe that the coach's position, if vacated, is a poisoned chalice.

At the moment I am leaning towards an agnostic attitude to the coach's position. Because there remains the question of Storrie's examination of the club, and how it will all fit under MC's vision, if he has one. Only once he reports to MC (Storrie, that is) will we know the answer to the coach question, and many other questions I guess.

Wait, be patient. :)

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
It seems to me, that when a disliked coach/manager starts with the " I love this place, I ain't going nowhere" their gone a fortnight later

Wombat

When did he suddenly decide Hutcho was not up to standard? It's just another example of his flakey coaching.
Rose is no better than Hutch from what I've seen.
If he is going to drop Hutch he should use that as a chance to change our shape.

He could easily have given Hutch a run but I did understand his reasoning.....but to me it's just another example of him tinkering without really understanding what he is doing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred